Livingston - all the threads merged

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I seem to be alone in thinking the sponsor isn't too bad. I actually prefer this sponsor logo to Phoenix Drilling's logo. The kit is another stunner and I love the retro feel of the badge. 

It just takes up an unnecessary amount of space for me, don't see why the logo has to be so big.

Irrelevant but "Livi Self Storage" is also a terrible name.

Picked the away top up today and the sponsor is stuck on rather than stitched in, can get that peeled off with some strategic ironing 👀

I love most of the kit, but that lion badge is awful IMO. Looks like they've found a supplier who's taken a generic lion badge as found on a stock icon website and put it on a lot of stuff. Cheapens the whole thing. Give it a month and we'll see a ton on merch with this definitely Livingston FC exclusive lion on it

7 hours ago, thruthenight said:

I love most of the kit, but that lion badge is awful IMO. Looks like they've found a supplier who's taken a generic lion badge as found on a stock icon website and put it on a lot of stuff. Cheapens the whole thing. Give it a month and we'll see a ton on merch with this definitely Livingston FC exclusive lion on it

I'm sure there were baseball caps and beanies with that lion available for the last couple of years from the club shop. It's not a random lion either, the video clearly shows it's the lion from our crest. I love the retro feel it gives the top in all honesty

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Jamie Brandon confirmed as club captain. One of the few good stories from last season and thoroughly deserved.

Decent appointment 👌🏻

Suggestion that Winter had an outstanding league cup suspension. Was in the last records on the SFA website but those were from April so hoping that there is a more up to date record we are using that doesn't include that...

14 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Suggestion that Winter had an outstanding league cup suspension. Was in the last records on the SFA website but those were from April so hoping that there is a more up to date record we are using that doesn't include that...

Debunked.

1 hour ago, ScottishLoon said:

How have you guys managed to keep Stephen Kelly?

His lack of work rate was shown up a bit last season when we really needed guys to run through brick walls. It's something that Martindale has clearly addressed as he came back into the team, at the end of the season, like a different player. Can't imagine we'll keep him long if he continues to kick on

Edited by Cptn Hooch

2 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

How have you guys managed to keep Stephen Kelly?

Manager said “most naturally unfit player I’ve ever seen”, or words to that effect, so he probably doesn’t tick the boxes of the bigger clubs who do all their recruitment on spreadsheets.

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

His lack of work rate was shown up a bit last season when we really needed guys to run through brick walls. It's something that Martindale has clearly addressed as he came back into the team, at the end of the season, like a different player. Can't imagine we'll keep him long if he continues to kick on

5 minutes ago, CharlieWhisky said:

Manager said “most naturally unfit player I’ve ever seen”, or words to that effect, so he probably doesn’t tick the boxes of the bigger clubs who do all their recruitment on spreadsheets.

Have to say this has surprised me. He used to cover every blade of grass with us and was constantly going looking for the ball to make something happen. 

I agree with the idea that he can kick on. I’ve not seen him for a while but he can easily be the best midfielder in this league if he wants to be. Only now with the signing of Marco Rus, do we look like we’ve managed to sign a midfielder who comes close to how good Kelly was for us. 

Yeah reckon Kelly will be massive for us this season, and score a few goals too. We might keep hold of him if we win promotion back to the Premiership, if not then this will prob be his last season for us.

Sole is looking like a big player for us too.

8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Mo Sangare released

Good stuff, frees up a wage.

Big man's lick it goal at Easter Rd will always be remembered by me, was an oasis of a game in last seasons desert, and his goal was a peach. 

Goalkeepers
14. 🇧🇷 Marcelo Pitaluga - Loan - 2025
28. 🇫🇷 Jérôme Prior - 2025 (1 year extension clause)

Defenders
2. 🇮🇪 Shaun Donnellan - 2026
3. 🇬🇧 Matthew Clarke - 2026
4. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ben Jackson - Loan - 2025
5. 🇦🇺 Ryan McGowan - 2026
19. 🇬🇧 Daniel Finlayson - 2025 (1 year extension clause)
21. 🇰🇳 Michael Nottingham - 2025 (?)
26. 🇨🇴 Cristian Montaño - 2025 (1 year extension clause)

Midfielders
6. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Reece McAlear - 2025 (1 year extension clause)
8. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scott Pittman - 2026
10. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stephen Kelly - 2025
12. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Jamie Brandon - 2025

18. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Olly Green - 2026
22. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andrew Shinnie - 2025

39. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 David Carson - 2025
40. 🇳🇬 Samson Lawal - 2026

Forwards
7. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Liam Sole - 2026 (1 year extension option)
9. 🇦🇺 Tete Yengi - 2026

11. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ricky Korboa - 2025 (1 year extension option)
15. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Lewis Smith - 2026 (1 year extension clause)
16. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Andy Winter - 2025 (1 year extension option)
17. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Stevie May - Loan - 2025
23. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Robbie Muirhead - 2026

In
Matthew Clarke - Linfield
Daniel Finlayson - Linfield
Oliver Green - Hull City
Ben Jackson - Brighton & Hove Albion (Loan)
Ricky Korboa - Woking
Stevie May - St. Johnstone (Loan)
Reece McAlear - Tranmere Rovers
Ryan McGowan - St. Johnstone
Robbie Muirhead - Greenock Morton
Marcelo Pitaluga - Liverpool (Loan)
Jérôme Prior - Pau

Lewis Smith - Hamilton Accies
Liam Sole - Maidstone United
Andy Winter - Hamilton Accies

Out
Bruce Anderson - Kilmarnock
Morgan Boyes - Greenock Morton
Steven Bradley - Hamilton Accies
Sam Culbert - Darvel (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2026

Mikey Devlin - Ayr United
Shamal George - Wycombe Wanderers

Kurtis Guthrie
Jack Hamilton - Ross County
Jason Holt - St. Johnstone
Sean Kelly - Karmiotissa
Calan Ledingham

Daniel Mackay - Hibernian (Loan Return)
Joel Nouble - Wuxi Wugu
Ayo Obileye - Cangzhou Mighty Lions

James Penrice - Heart of Midlothian
Mo Sangare - AC Bellinzona
Tommy Sharp - Gala Fairydean (Loan) - Contract Expiry ?

Lucas Stenhouse - Boness United (Loan) - Contract Expiry ?
Aphelele Teto - Chippa United (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2027
Miles Welch-Hayes - Maidenhead United (Loan) - Contract Expiry 2026

Kieran Wright - Rangers (Loan Return)

Edited by EdinburghLivi