Livingston - all the threads merged

55 minutes ago, Hastie17 said:

Yet when the club tried to get fans in to understand what's going wrong and what the club can do to bridge that gap, no one is interested 🤔

The division is mental to me, and perhaps people feel meeting to discuss it further is just box ticking in the clubs part.

When it comes to the full social media animosity, the fan base sees it unanimously one way, and 1-3 people employed with the club see it the other. Sometimes in life you have to bite your tongue(frustrating for them, sure), especially when it’s at work when you represent something larger than yourself.

In the past we’ve had people at the club remove themselves from fans forums/ fully refrain from communicating with fans on personal accounts, which I think will ultimately have to be the outcome to resolve the conflict here.

If club employees want to discuss something together, take the piss out of fans for all I care, make an inside joke, there’s no need for the conversation to be broadcast for all of social media to see, private messages exist.

Some people are unable to attend every game and heavily rely on social media for an insight into the team they follow, it leaves a sour taste when you think the person producing some of the content hates half the fan base and is willing to openly mock and block them, before trying to listen to them. 

Hard to be massively constructive, I just think personal employee accounts shouldn’t be commenting on club posts. It’s at a point where I think it’s hard to recover anything other than this outcome. If you have any ideas and want to see what fans think then send them here and I’ll respond, as well as others I’d imagine. Twitter can be unforgiving at times. 

4 hours ago, JD and associates said:

The young lads were brilliant yesterday, ground was silent after they were turfed out. I don’t wanna hear anyone connected with the club moan and complain about us not having any fans again. Livingston have always been a very insular club and it’s not getting any better. Most clubs have been more welcoming to younger fans.

In what way?

7 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

The division is mental to me, and perhaps people feel meeting to discuss it further is just box ticking in the clubs part.

When it comes to the full social media animosity, the fan base sees it unanimously one way, and 1-3 people employed with the club see it the other. Sometimes in life you have to bite your tongue(frustrating for them, sure), especially when it’s at work when you represent something larger than yourself.

In the past we’ve had people at the club remove themselves from fans forums/ fully refrain from communicating with fans on personal accounts, which I think will ultimately have to be the outcome to resolve the conflict here.

If club employees want to discuss something together, take the piss out of fans for all I care, make an inside joke, there’s no need for the conversation to be broadcast for all of social media to see, private messages exist.

Some people are unable to attend every game and heavily rely on social media for an insight into the team they follow, it leaves a sour taste when you think the person producing some of the content hates half the fan base and is willing to openly mock and block them, before trying to listen to them. 

Hard to be massively constructive, I just think personal employee accounts shouldn’t be commenting on club posts. It’s at a point where I think it’s hard to recover anything other than this outcome. If you have any ideas and want to see what fans think then send them here and I’ll respond, as well as others I’d imagine. Twitter can be unforgiving at times. 

Twitter is an absolute cess pit as you can see with all the far right stuff going on right now (another topic for another time!)

I honestly think that's why Badura has blocked everyone, in order to bite the tongue. He's not picked random people as a lot of people know - he's just blocked everyone to prevent him from "biting". In saying that you have to remember we are fans too - actually in my case I'm a fan first then I shout over a tannoy at home games. I'm not going to change that because they're my team. People know me from various times at the club, people don't have positive opinions of me and that's okay. 

I genuinely don't think alot of the stuff thrown at Livi SM was constructive - again that's just my opinion and it's clear that others didn't think that either. 

The club genuinely wanted to meet the people who perhaps felt wronged with everything that had happened, clear the air, explain a little about why we do things from a club perspective but more importantly find out what we can to improve this. I hope you'd agree that the content put out after Saturdays win was pretty good, quick and positive. We couldn't do a lot of that last year when we are being scudded. 

The only real question here is, you don't like what's on socials, but do you have anything you would like to see? 

Someone mentioned that they'd like more information on injuries etc, we used that and asked Davie at the presser mid week about Donnelan, so we are listening, but it's difficult when a lot of it is personal insults (for example I've posted maybe three times on here before the name calling started) 

For such a small fan base we really do love an argument 😭

9 hours ago, Hastie17 said:

Yet when the club tried to get fans in to understand what's going wrong and what the club can do to bridge that gap, no one is interested 🤔

You honestly wonder why  seriously. There is no bridge needed many of the club staff, volunteers and anyone that hangs off has bern sent out to justify any perceived criticism.

Whether you accept it or not you stoked up sone with SM manager on Sat/Sun. You knew what you were doing although you'll give all sorts of excuses on here. You are part of the overall problem.

The club needs a clear out top to bottom.  

High ✋

Edited by Livi

48 minutes ago, Hastie17 said:

Twitter is an absolute cess pit as you can see with all the far right stuff going on right now (another topic for another time!)

I honestly think that's why Badura has blocked everyone, in order to bite the tongue. He's not picked random people as a lot of people know - he's just blocked everyone to prevent him from "biting". In saying that you have to remember we are fans too - actually in my case I'm a fan first then I shout over a tannoy at home games. I'm not going to change that because they're my team. People know me from various times at the club, people don't have positive opinions of me and that's okay. 

I genuinely don't think alot of the stuff thrown at Livi SM was constructive - again that's just my opinion and it's clear that others didn't think that either. 

The club genuinely wanted to meet the people who perhaps felt wronged with everything that had happened, clear the air, explain a little about why we do things from a club perspective but more importantly find out what we can to improve this. I hope you'd agree that the content put out after Saturdays win was pretty good, quick and positive. We couldn't do a lot of that last year when we are being scudded. 

The only real question here is, you don't like what's on socials, but do you have anything you would like to see? 

Someone mentioned that they'd like more information on injuries etc, we used that and asked Davie at the presser mid week about Donnelan, so we are listening, but it's difficult when a lot of it is personal insults (for example I've posted maybe three times on here before the name calling started) 

For such a small fan base we really do love an argument 😭

You are not a fan first. You can't be a fan first with all the inside  knowledge you share and allude to have on SM platforms. Fans have generally no inside info just rumours and conjecture 

i remember one point you were demanding proof from other fans for views that were different to yours. Yet when challenged on your posts you provided not a shred of evidence and generally just dismissed others. 

Your posting session on Sat/Sun with the SM manager further stoked up the tensions (i believe both of you knew what you were doing). That wasn't 2 fans that was 2  club volunteers/staff members having a go at the fans.

High ✋

2 hours ago, Livi said:

You are not a fan first. You can't be a fan first with all the inside  knowledge you share and allude to have on SM platforms. Fans have generally no inside info just rumours and conjecture 

Says who? Surely that's his choice; not yours?

One could equally argue that someone constantly criticising and running down something is not a fan either.

2 hours ago, Livi said:

You honestly wonder why  seriously. There is no bridge needed many of the club staff, volunteers and anyone that hangs off has bern sent out to justify any perceived criticism.

Whether you accept it or not you stoked up sone with SM manager on Sat/Sun. You knew what you were doing although you'll give all sorts of excuses on here. You are part of the overall problem.

The club needs a clear out top to bottom.  

High ✋

That's your perception and of course you're entitled to it. 

I personally think it's bizarre that rather than wanting to talk, discuss, clear the air whatever you want to say, you just want everyone sacked. 

Let's say everyone was sacked? Then what happens? Who comes in? 

I don't need to make excuses. I know I didn't do anything wrong. You can accept that or you can continue calling for everyone's heads. That's on you. 

And for the record no one gets "sent" anywhere to justify anything. Just passionate about the club I support and want the best for it. 

2 hours ago, Livi said:

i remember one point you were demanding proof from other fans for views that were different to yours. Yet when challenged on your posts you provided not a shred of evidence and generally just dismissed others. 

Your posting session on Sat/Sun with the SM manager further stoked up the tensions (i believe both of you knew what you were doing). That wasn't 2 fans that was 2  club volunteers/staff members having a go at the fans.

High ✋

I am a fan first. I do what I do for the love of my club. A lot of the stuff I talk about was shared at the fans forum for the most part, however if there is anything else I've missed let me know. 

You can think what you want about the posts on Saturday. I posted what I posted to congratulate the team who bust a gut to get everything ready and out on a Saturday night when really all they wanted to do was celebrate winning the opening game of the league season. It was on my own account, I wasn't rude, I didn't say anything that I wouldn't say anywhere else, wasn't under any false names (🤔) just two fans having a laugh at the craziness of the previous week or so. 

If you don't laugh, you'll cry. 

1 hour ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

You talking about the fans forum that happened before the accounts were published? 

Na some fans who were particularly vocal of the issues on social media were invited to come in and chat things through, let the club get their perspective, and let the club give theirs etc etc and get ideas on how we can improve things. 

It was rejected almost unanimously. 

13 minutes ago, Hastie17 said:

Na some fans who were particularly vocal of the issues on social media were invited to come in and chat things through, let the club get their perspective, and let the club give theirs etc etc and get ideas on how we can improve things. 

It was rejected almost unanimously. 

"Come and say that to my face then" probably isn't the best form of friendly communication, tbf.

Maybe I'm missing a lot of context here but isn't it pretty obvious what people's issues are based on the fact they're literally replying to/pointing it out?

IMG_6316.thumb.jpeg.fa06872ebe1941506370ab05d1d0ae47.jpeg

Trust staffed by people who don’t understand accounts. We can expect them to ask hard questions… not.

IMG_6317.thumb.png.7ea9b3ea3fd63fc11cf511edaabf1739.png

It’s been over a month since they’ve had the accounts handed over to them… what have the top minds been up to other than organising raffles and bouncy castles? 

Excuses already being made for them -“volunteers, other commitments”

8 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

"Come and say that to my face then" probably isn't the best form of friendly communication, tbf.

Maybe I'm missing a lot of context here but isn't it pretty obvious what people's issues are based on the fact they're literally replying to/pointing it out?

Pretty much, no wonder people didn’t show up for their re-education.

It’s also much easier to feed someone lies and make them more agreeable when they’re a deer in the headlights. 

2 hours ago, Durnford said:

Says who? Surely that's his choice; not yours?

One could equally argue that someone constantly criticising and running down something is not a fan either.

Thats my opinion & you are entitled to yours sir. 

Edited by Livi

Righty am gonna discuss "the" other incidents on Saturday. 

Why the club allowed the younger laddies to stand in C2 right next to the older lads and adults is beyond me .

Apparently the boys had asked to have they're own section???

Now I spoke to Suzy Ferns at half time about why the club allowed it to happen .

What happened, the guys in C3 started singing and then the young lads piped up with an entirely different ditty. 

Don't know what was wrong with them being up the back of the older guys in C3??

I've nothing against the boys,they're the future of the club.

But as I said to Suzy,wouldn't it have worked better if they were given the last section in the south stand,well away from C3 and they could create they're own atmosphere from there ??

Suzy to be fair raised issues about opening another stand etc.

I said a temporary walkway could  be set up between the south stand and west stand for them to access toilets and food stalls etc. 

No coins were thrown in the boys direction,a drum and microphone were taken off them but they still had they're own drum to play.

Also one of the older lads got pulled up and thrown out for vaping??

FFS,the young boys pyro was far worse  🤨

Edited by Dav nan Gael

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

That's not how I see it. If fans are going to complain about the club on SM but don't want to take the opportunity for a face to face chat with the club then they are no better than the stereotypical "Karen". I'm not one of the club employees so I'm not under any perceived "agenda" but if I was put out enough about an aspect of the club that I felt obliged to post on SM and the club offered me the chance to discuss it face to face, you better bet I'd be taking it. The issue likely won't go away or reasons for it being understood unless those complaining are going to stand by their convictions and take up the offer

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

I certainly don't think that's how the invitation was given across, more an opportunity to come sit with the club and have an open chat about where they believe there can be improvements and if we can implement it as such. An opportunity for the club to explain where its coming from and vice versa. Almost peace talks but certainly something to try and repair the bridges that has caused the disconnect. 

There has been some reasonable feedback in amongst some poor stuff if I'm honest and that's why they wanted to ask people in - get their views and see what we can do to do more

1 hour ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

Pretty much, no wonder people didn’t show up for their re-education.

It’s also much easier to feed someone lies and make them more agreeable when they’re a deer in the headlights. 

It was to be a group session not 1 on 1 - but going your previous comments probably not worth getting into the debate with yourself 

15 minutes ago, Hastie17 said:

It was to be a group session not 1 on 1 - but going your previous comments probably not worth getting into the debate with yourself 

Shitebag, first time I’ve seen you not wanting to argue online. 

new season new hastie 

Edited by Roger the cabin boy