Livingston - all the threads merged

7 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Agree with this. Graphics and videography have been excellent and actually improved from last season.

Don't think thats in dispute. The twitter debacle was with one person the SM manager who seemed to spit the dummy

10 hours ago, Hastie17 said:

Why is that a bad thing? You're on every social media outlet doing the opposite

Of course till the conversation gets difficult then you suddenly feck off  😂

12 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

I’m sure Ward has sensed by now lol. Great track record on Twitter he has 🤣.

Have on good authority a big press story in the works from source directly involved with Ward, that will expose antics unbecoming to a chairman of any board. Pending court case at the end of August. Be best if we could respect the leaders of the club, no doubt it will all be spun again. Murky waters take the shine off any good 

7 hours ago, watsonhibs22 said:

Have on good authority a big press story in the works from source directly involved with Ward, that will expose antics unbecoming to a chairman of any board. Pending court case at the end of August. Be best if we could respect the leaders of the club, no doubt it will all be spun again. Murky waters take the shine off any good 

There is no danger you will get @Hastie17commenting on this story 🤣

#standwellclearofthedoors  

4 hours ago, Livi said:

There is no danger you will get @Hastie17commenting on this story 🤣

#standwellclearofthedoors  

You enjoy being a bully don't you? Don't you have anything better to do? 

There's nothing to comment on - some random saying a story is about to break it's no more understandable than the usual pish you spout. 

20 minutes ago, Hastie17 said:

You enjoy being a bully don't you? Don't you have anything better to do? 

There's nothing to comment on - some random saying a story is about to break it's no more understandable than the usual pish you spout. 

Now you are using emotive words...🙄 I seen some of your posts to former sponsors on the FB forum 👍

You can always put me ignore here ?

You have literarily commented on every post about the club since you joined with your new handle that was my point above with smiley face - you clearly missed that point 👍

Ps Your now on my ignore list 👍 

Edited by Livi

10 hours ago, Hastie17 said:

some random saying a story is about to break it's no more understandable than the usual pish you spout

John Ward in Hamilton sheriff court, for the uninformed.

Been going on since early 2024.

Case of the chairman not being able to keep his mouth shut (shock).

5 hours ago, Roger the cabin boy said:

John Ward in Hamilton sheriff court, for the uninformed.

Been going on since early 2024.

Case of the chairman not being able to keep his mouth shut (shock).

Do silly things, get punished. 

No defence if this is the case 🤷‍♂️ and he will face the punishment he gets if he gets one. 

On 08/08/2024 at 20:08, Freedom Farter said:

Came up in my Youtube algorithm just now. What a team. Nouble, Forrest, Bailey, Omeonga, Holt, Nicky Devlin, Obileye (pre-knee injuries), Fitzwater (pre-illness). Brilliant players.

That was a great game.

Good team that season, really should’ve got top 6.

We build up primarily down our right, probably so the opposition get focused over to that side, which then allows Kelly to find some space in his favoured inside left area for when the ball gets recycled back infield and over to him. When building up down the right our right sided attacker is key and unfortunately Muirhead didn't have his best game tonight. First half he mishit a couple of passes inside to Pittman when a one-two was on. Sole later in the second half showed how those one-twos with Pittman are supposed to be done. I felt Muirhead was crossing from too deep in the first half too. He was lofting in-swinging diagonals to Shinnie at the back post which QP easily defended. We'd have been better off advancing further down the wing then drilling in low crosses from close to the QP byline. Finlayson and Muirhead weren't linking as seamlessly as Finlayson and Sole did last Saturday.

Nottingham had a better game tonight than he did last week but Montaño remains badly missed. McGowan has transformed our defence. His block from Rudden's shot late on saved a likely goal. 

Clarke had a good game. Kelly had a good second half, sublime shot that hit the post. Yengi's hold up play was good but perhaps being up against three centre backs and doing so much donkey work blunted him as he struggled to meet any crosses. Positive late sub showings from McAlear and Green.

Edited by Freedom Farter

1 hour ago, Freedom Farter said:

We build up primarily down our right, probably so the opposition get focused over to that side, which then allows Kelly to find some space in his favoured inside left area for when the ball gets recycled back infield and over to him. When building up down the right our right sided attacker is key and unfortunately Muirhead didn't have his best game tonight. First half he mishit a couple of passes inside to Pittman when a one-two was on. Sole later in the second half showed how those one-twos with Pittman are supposed to be done. I felt Muirhead was crossing from too deep in the first half too. He was lofting in-swinging diagonals to Shinnie at the back post which QP easily defended. We'd have been better off advancing further down the wing then drilling in low crosses from close to the QP byline. Finlayson and Muirhead weren't linking as seamlessly as Finlayson and Sole did last Saturday.

Nottingham had a better game tonight than he did last week. Montano remains badly missed, though. There's a strong chance he'd have been able to cover across and close off that space in our left back area where QP's goal came from. McGowan has transformed our defence. His block from Rudden's shot late on saved a likely goal. 

Clarke had a good game. Kelly had a good second half, sublime shot that hit the post. Yengi's hold up play was good but perhaps being up against three centre backs and doing so much donkey work blunted him as he struggled to meet any crosses. Positive late sub showings from McAlear and Green.

Yengis hold up play was "good"?

Did we watch the same game? He was absolutely f**kin hopeless tonight. I've never seen a player with a worse first touch than him.

5 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Yengis hold up play was "good"?

Did we watch the same game? He was absolutely f**kin hopeless tonight. I've never seen a player with a worse first touch than him.

Our reliance on him to be our main striker this season,Davies words not mine could ultimately cost us this season.Early doors albeit,but our failure one way or another to hopefully bring another striker will stifle any chance weve got to get out of this league. Imo he's not the answer,although financial restraints probably means we're stuck with him.Would be extatic if he proved me wrong,but with respect, I doubt it,reluctantly. 🤷‍♂️.

2 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Our reliance on him to be our main striker this season,Davies words not mine could ultimately cost us this season.Early doors albeit,but our failure one way or another to hopefully bring another striker will stifle any chance weve got to get out of this league. Imo he's not the answer,although financial restraints probably means we're stuck with him.Would be extatic if he proved me wrong,but with respect, I doubt it,reluctantly. 🤷‍♂️.

Think it's signing Shinnie that'll cost us, because Martindale will keep on starting him over Green or Lawal, and both are far better on the ball getting us forward. Kelly swapping to the wing was better than having Shinnie there too, and we were more balanced with Sole on one wing and Kelly on the other, both can take players on and turn defenders. First half esp we were always taking the ball with our backs to goal, and having to pass it back the way. QP on the other hand were always going forward with th ball, and looked a lot better on the attack.

Sole made a big difference, ut why not start him playing with Muirhead, we keep swapping one for the other, i'd like to see us playing both of them. Think we've got the players, but like last season, i can see Martindale stubbornly sticking to a system that isn't going to get us many goals,, slow ponderous build up play with Yengi as the target man firing balls to him. Big man struggled with his first touch getting the ball down, and was always stretching for it with his long legs. He's much better being on the front foot running at goal when he gets the pass, with the likes of Kelly passing it to him in a shorter pass.

Anyway, like last week, poor first half, much better 2nd half, and a draw was a fair result.

Going by the highlights and commentary, we created plenty of chances again. Feels a bit like our first season in the prem where we were getting decent results and looked like we'd suddenly smash someone by 4 or 5 goals