Livingston - all the threads merged

I suppose Livi could become Scottish football's Jerry Garcia with a part of the audience refusing to acknowledge it has gone for good and arguing over the nuances of 'classic' performances and gathering in small, pathetic groups to compare their memorabilia.

Actually, he's more like Scottish football as a whole.

You'll be able to chat with Ivo about Saturday's game against Montrose :P

That's if you move boxes away from fire exits and all that meaning Almondvale gets a safety certificate!

I reckon vote will go against you on Thursday but reckon some clubs will support you. I can't see all of the SFL clubs supporting management committee but then I can't see 14 or 15 backing Livi's position either.

To be honest I want to stay in the third, accept our punishment & get on with it.

Oh hell if saturday's game is off I'm hibernating! Ivo will go off his head I don't think I could take it! :o:(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...dee/8196432.stm

Found on first division forum. Interesting stance, wonder if other clubs against allowing Livi to stay in Division One will be swayed by Dundee's view?

Away to bed now...obviously Stephen Dobbie's goals won't be on Sky Sports News tonight :(

Nothing to do with me that the thread has took a wee detour :whistle

By this time next week I won't have any threads then? :o What will I do? :bairn

I shall just have to do a Massone & refuse to leave, I would quite happily chat away to myself for several hundred more pages. :lol:

You could always say that your contributions were only a loan to P and B, and hold out for a large pay-off.

Found on first division forum. Interesting stance, wonder if other clubs against allowing Livi to stay in Division One will be swayed by Dundee's view?

I can see Livi garnering a few votes out of the 28 (or 29?) available but no more than a handful.

If Livi are given a suspended punishment for not playing ES, or a warning, what are your views?

To be honest I want to stay in the third, accept our punishment & get on with it.

Oh hell if saturday's game is off I'm hibernating! Ivo will go off his head I don't think I could take it! :o:(

I'm sure you could. :rolleyes:

Edited by ayrmad

I can see Livi garnering a few votes out of the 28 (or 29?) available but no more than a handful.

If Livi are given a suspended punishment for not playing ES, or a warning, what are your views?

I fully expect a punishment of points for the scratched game, but please God no expulsion! I also expect to stay in the third, well possibly more want than anything else, It would be more of a punishment (in my view) to get forced back to the first. :(

You are most wise then. Perhaps you could use your infleunce on the half-wits on Livi Lions who think your club do not deserve any punishment whatsoever.

We need to get this thread back on track. Livi deserve a severe punishment for scratching Saturday's fixture and I'm sure most of those present at Thursday's meeting will be of a similar mind. Surely, despite the views of Bob Brannan, Livi cannot be re-instated into the first division. I do not expect Thursday to go well for McGruther and co, but I just hope we see the end of this sorry saga sooner rather than later.

They (Livi/McGruther) can argue over technicalities all they like but I reckon they should be deducted three points for not turning up. So no, I don't think a suspended punishment or warning would suffice.

You can't just decide not to turn up for a game..this isn't the Pub League! I do think that it might have been better for games involving Livi/Airdrie/Beath to be postponed anyway but then I would have preferred the SFL to deal with this issue - in full - two weeks ago!

And they always have the chance of winning the points back when the game is eventually played.

You are most wise then. Perhaps you could use your infleunce on the half-wits on Livi Lions who think your club do not deserve any punishment whatsoever.

We need to get this thread back on track. Livi deserve a severe punishment for scratching Saturday's fixture and I'm sure most of those present at Thursday's meeting will be of a similar mind. Surely, despite the views of Bob Brannan, Livi cannot be re-instated into the first division. I do not expect Thursday to go well for McGruther and co, but I just hope we see the end of this sorry saga sooner rather than later.

Believe me I have tried! It's like banging my head off a brick wall! Why do you think I spend the most time on here? I need this to end on thursday! :(

They (Livi/McGruther) can argue over technicalities all they like but I reckon they should be deducted three points for not turning up. So no, I don't think a suspended punishment or warning would suffice.

You can't just decide not to turn up for a game..this isn't the Pub League! I do think that it might have been better for games involving Livi/Airdrie/Beath to be postponed anyway but then I would have preferred the SFL to deal with this issue - in full - two weeks ago!

And they always have the chance of winning the points back when the game is eventually played.

That would be amazingly lenient. To be honest, they should consider themselves most fortunate if they remain in the SFL after the financial shenanigans and attempted blackmail, never mind scratching a fixture.

I fully expect a punishment of points for the scratched game, but please God no expulsion!

You won't be expelled. Btw, sanctions for the game v ES will probably not be made on Thursday.

EDIT TO ADD: Any points fine for scratching has to be large IMO (15?) to stop it happening again.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Believe me I have tried! It's like banging my head off a brick wall! Why do you think I spend the most time on here? I need this to end on thursday! :(

Don't we all. I need to get some work done and stop catching up with this bloody thread.

I agree that they may get a few votes, but certainly no-where near enough to overturn the decision. If the clubs vote against the decision of the LMC, then I think we would be looking at internal warfare within the SFL. The clubs have to be seen to be backing up the Office Bearers they elected to make these decisions on all of their behalfs.

I can't see the SFL handing out anything less than a points deduction for the ES no-show. However, nothing in this whole sordid affair, would surprise me any more. What would they suspend it against? Not showing up next week? The week after? The next time Livi are involved in a no-show is going to be if they fold altogether. They have to be punished for the ES absence NOW,

Maybe the SFL will feel that Livi have been punished enough, and , as you say, issue a warning as to their future conduct. However, this was a calculated act, designed to disrupt the league programme, and as such, should be treated as a seperate issue, and punitive action should be immediate.

I have gone on record as having absolutely no truck with the genuine, honest Livi supporters in this, having gone through the death throes of my own club not many years ago. Several of them have come on here recognising that the club have been in the wrong, and should face the consequences. For those I mentioned above, I would not wish those consequences to be the death of their club.

Football is an emotive subject, especially when it comes to our own clubs, and I can see why so many of the Livi fans get wound up. I've been there, done it, worn the t-shirt. Its not easy to stand back and be objective when your club is going down the tubes, and its easy to say they should stand back and be objective.

I might get ripped here, but i wish them all the best to re-group, and be able to support a club that will learn the lessons of the past, and work within their means.

You won't be expelled. Btw, sanctions for the game v ES will probably not be made on Thursday.

EDIT TO ADD: Any points fine for scratching has to be large IMO (15?) to stop it happening again.

I'd go along with that, but I have a suspicion that it'll be a bit lighter. Will the consortium hang around if they think they'll be stuck in the third division for at least two seasons?