Livingston - all the threads merged

Just now, LogieLivi said:

I saw the other day that we were playing a trialist in defence during our under 20's game.
What are the chances this would be Jordan McMillan due to his and our connection with cocaine?

I seen him in reception at the ayr game in the cup and thought he might be coming to Livingston.

Looking at the Irn Bru Cup game against Celtic U20, the tie is due to be played on September 3rd or 4th, but I have noticed that Scotland U21 are playing a UEFA European Under-21 Championship Qualifier on September 2nd, so I wonder if Irn Bru game might get shifted to another night if they players on International Duty

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2565&newsCategoryID=6&newsID=16445

Seems typical of the SPFL to organise a tournament involving Premier League U20 teams for a weekend there is International matches, although one might have thought there would be more than U20 team left in the competition at this stage

Heard Raith were after him, and Bratislava have offered him a trial, that's where Burchill is. I think it's December before his jail sentence is up though.

I read McMillan is banned from playing till November, got a month off his ban which was meant to be till Dec.

Heard Raith were after him, and Bratislava have offered him a trial, that's where Burchill is. I think it's December before his jail sentence is up though.

I read McMillan is banned from playing till November, got a month off his ban which was meant to be till Dec.

I'm sure I read on the BBC that he is allowed to start training with a club again and surely that means playing as a trialist in games?

Just now, LogieLivi said:

I'm sure I read on the BBC that he is allowed to start training with a club again and surely that means playing as a trialist in games?

I hope we make certain of that then, we can't afford to make a mistake that would get us a points deduction.

If we weren't a perpetual PR disaster, re-signing him wouldn't be *that* much of an issue. But, it's Livi.

I'm also unsure why most are probably all for it. I wouldn't expect him to be a player who's going to be playing for peanuts.

7 minutes ago, Afro said:

If we weren't a perpetual PR disaster, re-signing him wouldn't be *that* much of an issue. But, it's Livi.

I'm also unsure why most are probably all for it. I wouldn't expect him to be a player who's going to be playing for peanuts.

Even then he's worth the money, would be that extra piece of quality we would need next season in the Championship ;)

9 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Liam Kelly called up for Scotland under 21s.
Guessing that means we can postpone our match against Celtic under20s or are the games not conflicting

Celtic have a fair few players in the U21 and U19 squads away plus Kieran Tierney in the main squad the same week we are due to be playing Celtic U20s

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16460&newsCategoryID=1

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16458&newsCategoryID=1

I think Celtic have more than enough players away on International Duty to justify getting the game re-arranged

Still can't fathom why the SPFL would schedule a cup tie involving U20s on a weekend when they knew had pre-arranged U21 and U19 Internationals?

9 hours ago, B0baFatt said:

Celtic have a fair few players in the U21 and U19 squads away plus Kieran Tierney in the main squad the same week we are due to be playing Celtic U20s

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16460&newsCategoryID=1

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=16458&newsCategoryID=1

I think Celtic have more than enough players away on International Duty to justify getting the game re-arranged

Still can't fathom why the SPFL would schedule a cup tie involving U20s on a weekend when they knew had pre-arranged U21 and U19 Internationals?

Because they are clueless morons who couldn't organise getting wet in a bath? 

23 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Knox is down at Man Utd training and playing in a bounce game today, 150K has been mentioned as the figure we're asking. Deadco are still wanting to sign him too so manybe we'll see a bidding war.

Would be happy to take 200k + 15% sell on and use that to sign up McMillan and Gallagher to sort out the defence. If possible try get Kelly in the deal if it's with Rangers

22 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Liam Kelly called up for Scotland under 21s.
Guessing that means we can postpone our match against Celtic under20s or are the games not conflicting

Well if it's on it's been shifted to a late ko for being on tv: Saturday September 3, 2016

Livingston v Celtic Colts, kick-off 5.15pm (Live on Premier Sports)
Read more at http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/irn-bru-cup-r3-fixtures-confirmed/#JwoGs7b8ec42upG8.99
Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Hi Guys

We're being heavily linked with Sam Stanton who played a wee bit for yourselves last season on loan. What sort of player can we expect, and will he be any use?

The usual "Good luck with that", "LOL" responses also welcome.