World Player Of The Year Shortlist

ICTChris

I reckon that Deco could be in with a shout. Ronaldinho also has a gret chance.

I think it's a farce that Maniche isn't in there. He's been the lynch pin of the Porto side which won the Champions League and the Portugal side which got to the Euro Final.

I really hope they don't trot out the usual suspects of Zidane, Backham, Owen etc. They sometimes tend to go for names instead of who's been doing the best. <_<

It should be Frank Lampard. He was excellent in the Premiership, Euro 2004 and the Champions League last season. None of the other Europeans did better.

I have to disagree there. Lampard has certainly done well this season but, like I said in my previous post, Maniche (who plays in a very similar role) has been outstanding this season. He's a better player and his teams have acheived more domestically, in Europe and internationally.

I really hope Lampard dosen't get close to it, I think he's pretty overrated.

Spot on about Maniche there mate, he has been incredible for Porto both domestically and in Europe. Also, he had an amazing Euro tournament which most of the other contenders cannot lay claim too.

Milan Baros (Czech Rep)

David Beckham (England)

Deco (Portugal)

Didier Drogba (Ivory Coast)

Steven Gerrard (England)

Thierry Henry (France)

Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Sweden)

Kaka (Brazil)

Frank Lampard (England)

Pavel Nedved (Czech Rep)

Ronaldinho (Brazil)

Wayne Rooney (England)

Andrej Shevchenko (Ukraine)

gotta be 1 from these, the inclusion of owen and giggs is shocking

Lampard is a great player and has been class for Chelsea and England (unfortunately).

I would like to see Nedved win it. He is brilliant and he also has that problem with his knee. A true insperation.

Archived