Quick Question Thread

Can anyone remember the name of a kids cartoon programme from the 80's about a Blue duck or possibly a platypus, I think it may have been Spanish. I though it was called Ovideo but this has brought nothing up, any evidence to show I didn't imagine this would be most welcome.

Ovide and the Gang was an 1980s animated TV show. It stars a blue Platypus named Ovide who lives on a non-descript South Seas island, where he has adventures with his friends and thwarts Cy and Bobo, the show's villains. Ovide and the Gang was produced by the Canadian animation studio CinéGroupe, who also made Sharky and George and The Little Flying Bears. It ran from 1987 to 1988 and also goes by the names "Ovide Video" and "Ovide's Video Show". There are 65 episodes, each running for 13 minutes.

I'd nver heard of this but got it from Yahoo

Q: If I want to go via rail from Glasgow- Stirling then Stirling – Edinburgh on the same day, can I buy a single from Glasgow – Edinburgh as I’m heading in roughly the right direction?

I know there are various “accepted routes” and I wouldn’t expect to get from Glasgow- Inverness- Edinburgh on a single ticket but I’m guessing someone on here has done this before or is in the know.

It should say via any route, so I can't see why not

Can anyone remember the name of a kids cartoon programme from the 80's about a Blue duck or possibly a platypus, I think it may have been Spanish. I though it was called Ovideo but this has brought nothing up, any evidence to show I didn't imagine this would be most welcome.

A serious question

If i were to get jailed abroad i would get deported back to my own country. But yet foreigners here who get jailed dont. Why is this?

I think you will find that some do,i have certainly heard that in the news.

Got a festive quiz at work. It's basically fill in the blanks. I've got 29 out of the 30 but this one has me stumped. As far as I know no-one has got this one yet.

B_ _ _ _ H_ _ _ _ _

Thanks in advance. I'm looking at you Stewarty :D

Edited by Ayrgirl

Women aren't as shallow as men?

It really is amazing the amount of good looking women you see with average or strange looking guys.

About a year ago in Glasgow I saw this absolutely stunning girl (I mean STUNNING) holding hands with what can only be described as the ugliest guy I have ever seen in my life. Hair all over the place, disgusting glasses, loads of spots and small and thin. He was a right state. Bizarre. :huh:

Got a festive quiz at work. It's basically fill in the blanks. I've got 29 out of the 30 but this one has me stumped. As far as I know no-one has got this one yet.

B_ _ _ _ H_ _ _ _ _

Thanks in advance. I'm looking at you Stewarty :D

Is it 1 word or 2?

Is it 1 word or 2?
Aye, and is it meant to be a song lyric, a phrase or anything like that? I'm normally good at these, but looking at that I don't have a clue!

Sorry it's 2. It could be any of them LM. Others on the sheet have been - mistletoe, snowflakes, reindeer, black bun, alladin, peter pan, mary's boy child, away in a manger, etc.

Are the spaces indicative of how many letters each word has? Because if not, it could be 'Bah Humbug'.

If so, I'll need to think about it a wee bit more.

The dashes are the amount of letters in each word.

First word begins with B (5 letters)

2nd word begins with H (6 letters)

What happens if you press the accelarator and brake at the same time in your car?

If the car was moving at 70 miles an hour.

Well, you'd have to left foot brake, and that results in you slamming the pedal to the floor in a ridiculous manner. I imagine the car would skid out of control, although if you were going in a straight line, it wouldn't be too bad, you'd probably just skid to a stop. If you were going round any sort of bend though, it'd be pretty messy.