Quick Question Thread

Not really a quick question, but it's not worth a whole thread on it's own.

We live in a flat, and upstairs neighbour is a pain in the arse: Smoking out the window (we get it drifting into our flat), music blaring (we can hear it over the telly on a regular basis) and just general banging and stomping about. We've tried knocking the door for a chat, but get no response (and we kinda don't want them to know it was us that's called the noise polis in a couple of times). We're pretty sure they're renting the flat.

The question is, who can we get in touch with to help sort it out?

We contacted the local council about dogs barking next door and they told us to approach them first to try and sort it out ourselves.

They sent us an information pack which we posted through their door attached to some poisoned meat and have not heard a thing since..

We live in a flat, and upstairs neighbour is a pain in the arse: Smoking out the window (we get it drifting into our flat), music blaring (we can hear it over the telly on a regular basis) and just general banging and stomping about. We've tried knocking the door for a chat, but get no response (and we kinda don't want them to know it was us that's called the noise polis in a couple of times). We're pretty sure they're renting the flat.

Is it just me, or did anyone else think of that segment with Kevin McKidd in 'The Acid House' whilst reading that? The guy upstairs isn't called 'Larry' is he?

Firstly what times are the kick-offs for the World Cup local time? For example the late games, is it 7.30pm our time and 8.30pm South African time?

Secondly anybody know the numbers for Italy's World Cup squad?

african time can vary between a couple of hours and several months

Secondly anybody know the numbers for Italy's World Cup squad?

Buffon - 07312845984

Chiellini - 07336110934

Pirlo - 07973814461

Di Natale - 07456544820 (mobile)

07745655909 (work)

Whats the difference between a lounge suit and a regular one? My brother is going to an army officer selection board and has been told to tkae both.

A lounge suit is really just a "normal" suit,but tend to be plain rather than anything with a pattern or too fashionable.Sihrt & tie should be worn

OK, cheers. Think I'm going to get forced to wear one anyway but thanks.

If you're not in the wedding party (ie groom, best man, usher, ring carrier...) then I'd say that no one will give a feck if you are wearing a flower/heather or not.

If your antie had bawz,would she really be your uncle ?

Mmmm difficult to say. Was said antie (sic) born with bawz or did she have them surgically attached at a later stage?

I'm off on holiday to Morocco in ten days or so and trying to organise currency exchange. The online sites like Thomas Cook and Post Office aren't showing the Morrocan Dirham as a currency, am I doing it wrong? :huh:

Former Auntie, latter Uncle. Hope that helps? Now, does anyone have a monkey as a nephew/niece?

See,I would have said former uncle,latter auntie,but it would also depend on whetehr they were one of you're parents sisters or brothers I suppose.

I dont think you could have a monkey as a niece or a nephew as there would be something Orang about that !

Edited by Unleash The Nade

Quick Question

Can i buy an i phone and get it unlocked then just stick my normal sim in it to avoid getting the crap iphone contracts?

Yes you can Iphones are exspensive though. Most networks offer Iphones now anyway so you may not need to get it unlocked. Just buy a pay as you go they even offer refurbished one which are usually ones people have sent back in 14 days so are brand new not even been touched.

I'm off on holiday to Morocco in ten days or so and trying to organise currency exchange. The online sites like Thomas Cook and Post Office aren't showing the Morrocan Dirham as a currency, am I doing it wrong? :huh:

See on the PO website, if you click 'currency assistance' you get this

CURRENCY:

Moroccan Dirham (MAD; symbol Dh) = 100 centimes. Notes are in denominations of Dh200, 100, 50, 20 and 10. Coins are in denominations of Dh10, 5 and 1, and 50, 20, 10 and 5 centimes.

CURRENCY EXCHANGE:

Moroccan Dirhams can only be obtained in Morocco. The most convenient way to obtain Dirhams is through an ATM, where official rates automatically apply, but daily withdrawal limits can seem low for customers paying cash for rugs in the souks. National currencies should be exchanged at official bureaux de change only (identified by a golden sign); changing money in the street is illegal. There is no commission charge and visitors will be issued with a receipt which they must keep in order to exchange Moroccan currency back into the original national currency upon departure. The Euro and US Dollar are widely accepted, even preferred.

CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS AND ATMS:

Some credit cards are accepted in larger restaurants, hotels, guest houses and the occasional shop in the souks. Cash can be withdrawn from ATMs in larger towns.

TRAVELLER’S CHEQUES:

To avoid additional exchange rate surcharges, travellers are advised to take traveller’s cheques in Pounds Sterling, the Euro or US Dollars.

CURRENCY RESTRICTIONS:

Restrictions apply.

BANKING HOURS:

Mon-Thurs 0830-1230 and 1500-1830, Fri 0830-1200 and 1500-1830.

I've highlighted why you can't buy them online