Quick Question Thread

OK I've made a 6 team accumulator at Ladbrokes, and came home to find that one of the games (St Johnstone v Dundee United) has been called off. My questions are:

1) If I take it in before the games start, will they refund me?

2) In the event of other matches not going my way anyway and the St Johnstone game being rendered useless to me, if I go in later is there any way they'll still refund me? I'm guessing not but just in case.

3) If I keep the accumulator and all the other results come in, will I be able to keep it untill the St Johnstone game is replayed, and still claim the winnings should that game also go my way?

Cheers, just trying to work out what the best thing to do with this is now.

1) Not as far as I know.

2) No.

3) Yes. Although in past experience if a game's been postponed I've just claimed the winnings when all the other selections have came up, rather than waiting.

1) Not as far as I know.

2) No.

3) Yes. Although in past experience if a game's been postponed I've just claimed the winnings when all the other selections have came up, rather than waiting.

Cheers. I don't know why it didn't cross my mind that they'd pay up for the other 5 results if they all came in, seems extremely obvious now that you've pointed it out. blink.gif

Guest The Phoenix

Cheers. I don't know why it didn't cross my mind that they'd pay up for the other 5 results if they all came in, seems extremely obvious now that you've pointed it out. blink.gif

The answer to three is no - unless the game is replayed within the same calendar week (Mon - Mon). It's my understanding that if this doesn't happen the Saints game will be void and the bet will stand on the remaining matches.

The answer to three is no - unless the game is replayed within the same calendar week (Mon - Mon). It's my understanding that if this doesn't happen the Saints game will be void and the bet will stand on the remaining matches.

Will the bet stand with same odds?

Guest The Phoenix

Will the bet stand with same odds?

As I say I'm pretty sure the Saints game is void unless rearranged for this week.

The odds payable will be the original multiple odds of the 5 remaining teams.

Hypothetically, if the Saints game were rearranged for this week the original odds should be honoured by the bookmaker.

You can hang onto said slip until after the game is rearranged, but since you're then sitting on a line with 5 winners I'd advise just to collect. You'd be beeling if you held onto it for 3 months or whatever, guaranteed to win some cash, only for the result not to go your way.

You can hang onto said slip until after the game is rearranged, but since you're then sitting on a line with 5 winners I'd advise just to collect. You'd be beeling if you held onto it for 3 months or whatever, guaranteed to win some cash, only for the result not to go your way.

If the postponed game doesn't take place in a set time limit (3-5 days depending on bookies it's just void)

If the postponed game doesn't take place in a set time limit (3-5 days depending on bookies it's just void)

I'd guess it must depend on the bookie then, as I did just what I said on a 4 team accumulator where a Celtic game was postponed and the other 3 came in. 4 weeks or so later, Celtic won the rearranged game and Hills paid out on the original bet. Was about 2 years ago though.

Guest The Phoenix

Deffo 7 days with Hill's.

I don't believe any bookie will let a bet stand for longer than that though because other games will have been played and so many variables come into play.

Guest The Phoenix

Why oh why do Indian restaurants include those shitty little bags of salad in your takeaway? Does anyone actually eat them? What is the point?

Salad goes in the bin.

Little bag of onions gets scoffed.

Why oh why do Indian restaurants include those shitty little bags of salad in your takeaway? Does anyone actually eat them? What is the point?

Its a psychological trick, to make you feel like you're getting more than you actually are.

Its the same technique when many restaurants fill your platye with salad "garnish" in sead of giving you extra meat,chips etc

I have Sky, just the normal package. But I want the sports channels for, say a week. Is it possible to upgrade for this amount of time or do I need to subscribe for about 3 years before I'm allowed to cancel?

I have Sky, just the normal package. But I want the sports channels for, say a week. Is it possible to upgrade for this amount of time or do I need to subscribe for about 3 years before I'm allowed to cancel?

There are Sky experts on here, so don't take this as gospel, but my impression was always that you could change your package on a monthly basis.