Quick Question Thread

Forgot to add, I use a top up card (love it) my gas box is against the outside wall, you'd be surprised the amount if people who don't think to look outside

She's mentioned a meter maybe being outside, but the only box I can see is all locked up and fenced in right next to someone else's front door. Every other house I've lived in where we've used pre-paid/top up cards they've all been indoors, so I've little experience with outdoor meters.

Surely if we were actually using a top up meter, not topping it up as we haven't done would mean no gas?

Thanks for the replies.

I'd previously made contact with Scottish Hydro who said it wasn't them, and after that I was happy to play ignorant and sit on the 'free' gas. We use the gas fairly sparingly, even over winter the heating was on a maximum of 4 hours a day so I don't anticipate the bill being too bad, it just seemed frustrating having to contact a company that want to charge us money. :lol:

Managed to make contact with the previous tenant so hopeful they'll be able to tell me the supplier.

Anyone know any online stores that sell end of line Next clothing. The wife had a tunic top that was ruined last week. Contacted Next to try to get a replacement but they don't do it now.

Thanks for the replies.

I'd previously made contact with Scottish Hydro who said it wasn't them, and after that I was happy to play ignorant and sit on the 'free' gas. We use the gas fairly sparingly, even over winter the heating was on a maximum of 4 hours a day so I don't anticipate the bill being too bad, it just seemed frustrating having to contact a company that want to charge us money. :lol:

Managed to make contact with the previous tenant so hopeful they'll be able to tell me the supplier.

Who supplies your gas?

In England, Wales and Scotland, if you do not know who supplies gas to your home, contact the Meter Point Administration Service on 0870 608 1524.
They can also give you your Meter Point Reference Number, which will help your supplier set up your account with them more quickly.

Two questions relating to Dundee: where's best to buy drink around the city centre? Needing to get Hendricks Gin for tomorrow and the Tesco Express doesn't stock it. Also, where's best to get hair cut if you're a poncy hipster with long hair?

If the person who is "ID-ing" you knows their job properly then no. An expired passport is not classed as valid proof of ID. You'll find more often than not though, they don't know this and you'll usually get away with it.

I was KB'd by the feckin' Royal W@nk of Scotland from being Treasurer of the Parent Council at school because my passport was expired.

I tried to argue my corner inasmuch as they wanted proof of identity, not whether I could leave the country, but the jobsworth feckwits were not for playing ball.......... :huh:

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Is there a cafeteria in Glasgow Royal Infirmary ?

There is, though I can't remember exactly where. I do know that if you go to the building where Princess Royal Maternity building is, there's a coffee shop on the ground floor. Where in the hospital are you/do you need to be and I'll see if I can remember what's nearby.

Edit: that's a bit of a personal question. Feel free to PM that if you wish!

Edited by Mrs M

There is, though I can't remember exactly where. I do know that if you go to the building where Princess Royal Maternity building is, there's a coffee shop on the ground floor. Where in the hospital are you/do you need to be and I'll see if I can remember what's nearby.

Edit: that's a bit of a personal question. Feel free to PM that if you wish!

The Jubilee building Mrs M

If The Rangers win the Scottish Cup, will they be the first third tier side to qualify for Europe?

No, because New Club's with less than 3 years audited accounts are not eligible for UEFA competitions, IIRC.