Quick Question Thread

She only cost me a few drinks so the belt is worth more. She's still alive as well unfortunately.

Decided to bite the bullet and agree to back. Just need to think of some dramatic story to get me out pronto.

PM me your mobile number and your parents address, I'll phone you once I've lit the petrol that I'll have poured through their letter box.

If she comes into the pub, tell her you'll pump her again as soon as she returns your belt.

Then once she returns the belt, get a new job.

This is a great idea, but I'm a terrible liar so the answer to the question 'Why did you leave your previous job?' would lead to more and more questions.

This is a great idea, but I'm a terrible liar so the answer to the question 'Why did you leave your previous job?' would lead to more and more questions.

Answer with "I felt it was the correct time for a move. I needed a new challenge".

You don't need to expand, since the interviewer will already have written down "Escaping from mental bird".

No. Just explaining the rule about not being allowed to say Timothy will suffice please. Thank you.

The statement below is from the forum rules.

Religous Prejudice - Addendum added 31st October 2008

There has been much comment in the media, and indeed on these forums about the use of religious prejudice in Scottish Society, and of particular relevance to us on this forum, where this seeps into the fabric of our favourite national sport.To clarify the position in Scots Law with regard the use of religious prejudice note the following revised sections of Scots Criminal Law;Section 74 (2) specifies that an offence is aggravated by religious prejudice if;A. at the time of committing the offence or immediately before or after doing so, the offender evinces towards the victim (if any) of the offence, malice or ill-will based on the victim's membership (or presumed membership) of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation; or B. the offence is motivated (wholly or partly) by malice and ill-will towards members of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation, based on their membership of that group. In real terms these offences do not need to be verbal. They apply to written form as well and of course this affects Pie and Bovril members. You can see a real life example of the sort of thing that can happen by reviewing this article which reports on an offender being charged with committing a "racially aggravated breach of the peace" for wearing a t-shirt which had the words "dirty horrible ****" written on it. Thus, in order to protect ourselves, and you our members, I thought it necessary to eliminate any grey areas which currently exist in the forum policy. With immediate effect the use of religiously prejudicial terms including but not limited to terms like "***", "tim", "*****", "*****", "******" and the like will not be tolerated on these forums. We will use a filter to catch most of these terms before they are posted however we are aware that a large number of ways exist to circumvent that filter so for clarification any posts made that include these sorts of terms, and any posts made which indicate a religious prejudice on the forum will be removed by the moderators and the posters issued with warnings.

Further subsequent warnings will result in a permanent ban from the board.Similarly if we are approached by any criminal authority relating to any post made on the board we will provide IP and email details to assist with any investigation that arises as a result of any post made on the board.If you see a post on the forum you are unhappy with and you think contravenes this policy please raise it via the complaints forum and it will be dealt with as quickly as we can. Remember we have several thousand posts made here every day and it is impossible for us to read and approve every one. Self policing will help us make the forum a better place to be.

Please treat this policy with respect, enjoy Pie and Bovril, enjoy the banter with your fellow football fans, but don't bring religious prejudice onto the forums of P&B.

There has been much comment in the media, and indeed on these forums about the use of religious prejudice in Scottish Society, and of particular relevance to us on this forum, where this seeps into the fabric of our favourite national sport.To clarify the position in Scots Law with regard the use of religious prejudice note the following revised sections of Scots Criminal Law;Section 74 (2) specifies that an offence is aggravated by religious prejudice if;A. at the time of committing the offence or immediately before or after doing so, the offender evinces towards the victim (if any) of the offence, malice or ill-will based on the victim's membership (or presumed membership) of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation; or B. the offence is motivated (wholly or partly) by malice and ill-will towards members of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation, based on their membership of that group. In real terms these offences do not need to be verbal. They apply to written form as well and of course this affects Pie and Bovril members. You can see a real life example of the sort of thing that can happen by reviewing this article which reports on an offender being charged with committing a "racially aggravated breach of the peace" for wearing a t-shirt which had the words "dirty horrible ****" written on it. Thus, in order to protect ourselves, and you our members, I thought it necessary to eliminate any grey areas which currently exist in the forum policy. With immediate effect the use of religiously prejudicial terms including but not limited to terms like "***", "tim", "*****", "*****", "******" and the like will not be tolerated on these forums. We will use a filter to catch most of these terms before they are posted however we are aware that a large number of ways exist to circumvent that filter so for clarification any posts made that include these sorts of terms, and any posts made which indicate a religious prejudice on the forum will be removed by the moderators and the posters issued with warnings.

Further subsequent warnings will result in a permanent ban from the board.Similarly if we are approached by any criminal authority relating to any post made on the board we will provide IP and email details to assist with any investigation that arises as a result of any post made on the board.If you see a post on the forum you are unhappy with and you think contravenes this policy please raise it via the complaints forum and it will be dealt with as quickly as we can. Remember we have several thousand posts made here every day and it is impossible for us to read and approve every one. Self policing will help us make the forum a better place to be.

Please treat this policy with respect, enjoy Pie and Bovril, enjoy the banter with your fellow football fans, but don't bring religious prejudice onto the forums of P&B.

It's about context though.

Mr X might be a terrible moderator/person but denying Dundee fans license for sectarian outrage is a piece of benevolence for which he should really be thanked. The mask slips often enough for the 'derry boys' without the entire lexicon being permitted.

Edited by Swampy

Mr X might be a terrible moderator/person but denying Dundee fans license for sectarian outrage is a piece of benevolence for which he should really be thanked. The mask slips often enough for the 'derry boys' without the entire lexicon being permitted.

You dont know anything about me as a person, so you can f**k right off with that :)

Ok, thanks for clearing it up but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous. If I had used it in a 'religiously prejudicial' manner I could understand it but my post at the time said "I knew Lichtie was a dab and a tim" - clearly referring to his footballing allegiances.

Here's an article regarding the word from Celtic Wiki:

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/Tim

In particular the following paragraph:

Some **** will lazily (and mostly in a derogatory way) use the term Tim to apply to any Catholics. However it is purely used by fans of other clubs to simply mean a Celtic fan, and has increasingly little (if anything) to do with religion sympathies or descent at all.

Don't talk pish.

Ok, thanks for clearing it up but it doesn't make it any less ridiculous. If I had used it in a 'religiously prejudicial' manner I could understand it but my post at the time said "I knew Lichtie was a dab and a tim" - clearly referring to his footballing allegiances.

Here's an article regarding the word from Celtic Wiki:

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/Tim

In particular the following paragraph:

Some **** will lazily (and mostly in a derogatory way) use the term Tim to apply to any Catholics. However it is purely used by fans of other clubs to simply mean a Celtic fan, and has increasingly little (if anything) to do with religion sympathies or descent at all.

Read the rules. Its pretty clear that any use of those words is not acceptable

ETA - and that isnt what you said, is it?

Edited by Mr X

I know you were, but there was no need to get personal at the same time. We might have our differences of opinion on here but I would never stoop as low as to comment on you personally, as I know nothing about you

I wouldn't blame you if you did tbh

I know you were, but there was no need to get personal at the same time. We might have our differences of opinion on here but I would never stoop as low as to comment on you personally, as I know nothing about you

Ban the tedious c**t then.

Read the rules. Its pretty clear that any use of those words is not acceptable

I think that word needs removed though, even allowing context, it is not derogatory. If it is I want bald and fat added to the list. Edited by Sergeant Wilson