Quick Question Thread

I'm currently watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on ITV. Is the actress that plays the part of the mother-in-law the same actress that is the mother of the bad guys in the Goonies?

Just wondering.smile.gif

Edited by ditots

I'm currently watching National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on ITV. Is the actress that plays the part of the mother-in-law the same actress that is the mother of the bad guys in the Goonies?

Just wondering.smile.gif

Nah , She's Raymonds Maw.

I have a fondue pack with what I assume is going to be a mix. The instructions are in Dutch. Is there anything complicated to this or is it just 'add water and melt'?

Babelfish or Google translate? I know you normally end up with a load of nonsense when you use them, but you might be able to get just enough to give you an idea of what to do.

Babelfish or Google translate? I know you normally end up with a load of nonsense when you use them, but you might be able to get just enough to give you an idea of what to do.

Sadly I don't have the box to hand, I'm going home to attempt this shit.

I was hoping someone else has had an Aldi Swiss fondue experience before (with white wine, natch) and could guide me through.

Google Translate's suprisingly okay now.

Edited by vikingTON

Yeah and another thing, is there an easy way to group-message on facebook?

Do you mean using the chat facility?

If so, I don't think so.

If you mean a group message generally, don't you just create a group/event and invite everyone to it then send a message to everyone?

If you mean a group message generally, don't you just create a group/event and invite everyone to it then send a message to everyone?

If that's the only way of doing it then it ain't happening.

Oh and if anyone has fondue expertise, feel free...

Yeah and another thing, is there an easy way to group-message on facebook?

Messages also have a recipient limit.

There used to be a way of pasting some javascript into the URL bar which would select every item in a check box, but I think they found a way round that. Worth having a google for though.

If that's the only way of doing it then it ain't happening.

Oh and if anyone has fondue expertise, feel free...

First,peel a clove of garlic and rub the inside of the fondue pot with this.

Get some good Gruyere and Emantall cheese and melt equal quantities slowly with a little white wine.

The secret is to keep stirring for a nice smooth consistency

To speed this up,you can melt on top of the stove and when done, us the fondue burner to keep it "liquid".

For added flavour,grate in a little nutmeg and pepper.

Dip in some bread and if you can, use day old as its best as stays on the fork longer and doesn't go too soggy.

If its too runny,mix a wee drop cornflour with water and add gradually until you get the desired consistency

If you want a really calorie induced fondue,try melting a couple of Mars bars or Toblerone's and mix in a little single cream and about two shot glass measures of either brandy or cointreau.

Dip marshmallows,strawberries or macaroons into this ,or alternatively,pour the chocolate mix over some ice cream.

With both these fondues,keeo the burner as low as possible,or if required, even turn it off for short intervals, as this lets the mixture cool and thicken.

Enjoy

Edit to add: When eating the cheese fondue,its strongly recommended not to drink beer,but stick to the likes of wine.

It's something to do with the gasses in the beer reacting with the cheeseand it'ss bloat you up like a baloon,possibly resulting in really painful indiegestion

Edited by Unleash The Nade

I have another Facebook related question. There's an event being organised by somebody I know, and there's no suggestion from the invitations/event part of FB that I'm invited. However, whenever a mutual friend writes on the events wall I'm getting notifications about it, and when I go on it myself there's an option to click "I'm attending". When I look at those who are down as "awaiting reply", my name's there as well.

Am I actually invited or not then? I quite fancy it but don't want to just declare that I'm coming when there's a chance nobody asked me. Ta.

I have another Facebook related question. There's an event being organised by somebody I know, and there's no suggestion from the invitations/event part of FB that I'm invited. However, whenever a mutual friend writes on the events wall I'm getting notifications about it, and when I go on it myself there's an option to click "I'm attending". When I look at those who are down as "awaiting reply", my name's there as well.

Am I actually invited or not then? I quite fancy it but don't want to just declare that I'm coming when there's a chance nobody asked me. Ta.

Are you seriously fucking bent ?