Quick Question Thread

Perhaps a question for the E-Chat version but I reckon enough people would've gone through it here.

Before the digital switchover we had a working tv in the kitchen with 1-5, it's through an aerial that's on the roof.

I think it was last week when it stopped working, so my mum bought a freeview box and I tried to set it up but when I scanned for the channels it didn't receive any.

Do you need a digital aerial? This is about the only piece of common technology that I had no idea about.

Perhaps a question for the E-Chat version but I reckon enough people would've gone through it here.

Before the digital switchover we had a working tv in the kitchen with 1-5, it's through an aerial that's on the roof.

I think it was last week when it stopped working, so my mum bought a freeview box and I tried to set it up but when I scanned for the channels it didn't receive any.

Do you need a digital aerial? This is about the only piece of common technology that I had no idea about.

Try this for info,

http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/

If that didn't work, she's not the brains of the out fit, but she may take your mind of things.

post-31698-0-43086800-1309213748_thumb.j

There is no such thing as a digital aerial, and it is most likely you won't need a new one. Enter your postcode at www.digitaluk.co.uk and check out the reception in your area.

What you can try is a retune with the aerial out, then again with the aerial back in. If that doesn't work, call one of DigitalUK's fantastic call centre staff and they should be able to help you out (08456 50 50 50).

Really? The Mrs and I got starters, mains and a bottle of red and im sure it was 50 odd quid.

Hhhmmm. Last time I was in it was a Christmas night in the Byers Road one so maybe prices were different but I'd certainly have put it in the "expensive" bracket for restaurants in general or "expected" given that it was in Byers Road, where everything's more than it should be due to the trendy, expensive neighbourhood.

Hhhmmm. Last time I was in it was a Christmas night in the Byers Road one so maybe prices were different but I'd certainly have put it in the "expensive" bracket for restaurants in general or "expected" given that it was in Byers Road, where everything's more than it should be due to the trendy, expensive neighbourhood.

It was the Byres Rd one we went to. Maybe because I'm a resident of the aforementioned trendy, expensive neighbourhood, I didn't notice :P

It was the Byres Rd one we went to. Maybe because I'm a resident of the aforementioned trendy, expensive neighbourhood, I didn't notice :P

Had a cracking meal at the Tony Macaroni's off Ingram St last night after scouting around for other options as well. £35 for mains, side dishes and a few drinks - qualifies as cheap in my book! :D

Get Tam Cowan tae f**k and give KnightswoodBear his food critic column.

Had a cracking meal at the Tony Macaroni's off Ingram St last night after scouting around for other options as well. £35 for mains, side dishes and a few drinks - qualifies as cheap in my book! :D

Good stuff mate, glad you enjoyed it. :D

We're opening a new showroom just at Ashton Lane (well, actually Cresswell Lane) in the next couple of months. It's exactly the type of painfully trendy area which is perfect for making money ;)

£35 is good, aye. Must've been Festive prices or something when I was in last. Ach well.

We're opening a new showroom just at Ashton Lane (well, actually Cresswell Lane) in the next couple of months. It's exactly the type of painfully trendy area which is perfect for making money ;)

Do you sell the kind of souless shiny things that make life all better? If so, I'll have 3 :D

Anyone have any theory on when Haye vs Klitschko will actually get underway on Saturday? I understand the program starts on box office at 8pm our time and is in Germany thus 9pm their time, I am unsure how many undercard fights there are and what a reasonable average time to give each of those would be, any thoughts?