Quick Question Thread

Do I need to wear a suit to an internal job interview when being interviewed by people who you vaguely know and have spoken to once or twice in 4 years? Or will normal shirt and trousers (no tie) be ok?

Don't want to look like a dick in a suit or like a scruffy b*****d who should be in a suit.

Personally I would go with the suit. Its always better to be overdressed than underdressed in a situation like that. You can always take the blazer off if you feel too overdressed.

Do I need to wear a suit to an internal job interview when being interviewed by people who you vaguely know and have spoken to once or twice in 4 years? Or will normal shirt and trousers (no tie) be ok?

Don't want to look like a dick in a suit or like a scruffy b*****d who should be in a suit.

Go normal im assuming they wear the same ie trousers and shirt no tie

I'd wear a suit to be on the safe side. That said I've never had an interview internally for a job, so maybe that wouldn't be the done thing.

I'd go with the analogy that I'd prefer to be as smart as possible with the risk of being over-dressed, rather than be under-dressed and everyone else is looking dapper and wearing a suit.

If they are interviewing you internally, they are looking for too much detail.

So I need shoes, and specifically, I need New Balance wide fit shoes (the only ones that can fit me normally are NB, and even then, my feet eventually wear the sides out). Now the best I can find seem to be on the official NB site, but are there any good websites where I'm likely to find wide fit NB trainers at a cheaper price?

So I need shoes, and specifically, I need New Balance wide fit shoes (the only ones that can fit me normally are NB, and even then, my feet eventually wear the sides out). Now the best I can find seem to be on the official NB site, but are there any good websites where I'm likely to find wide fit NB trainers at a cheaper price?

Find a good vet and get declawed, your shoes will last longer.

Find a good vet and get declawed, your shoes will last longer.

I genuinely laughed at that! I prefer wearing flip flops for that reason, and its always really hard to get trainers that can go on my feet. Thats why I wear NB running shoes, for people who have differently normal-feet.

There's probably a good few, but off the top of my head, there's MandM Direct and Get The Label.

There's probably a good few, but off the top of my head, there's MandM Direct and Get The Label.

The problem with these is that you can't choose a wide fitting. Its the same everywhere, as NB are the only trainer company that do wide fit (AFAIK), then most websites don't have the option built in. :(

Incidentally, I found the perfect pair. The right sort of style, the right size, the right width, reasonably priced, but I couldn't buy them...

post-11702-0-82201200-1367358506_thumb.p

The problem with these is that you can't choose a wide fitting. Its the same everywhere, as NB are the only trainer company that do wide fit (AFAIK), then most websites don't have the option built in. :(

Incidentally, I found the perfect pair. The right sort of style, the right size, the right width, reasonably priced, but I couldn't buy them...

attachicon.gifbrittrainers.png

Good lord. I wouldn't either. They're hidious.

Try also SportsDirect, StreetFeet, even Amazon's worth a shot. Jacamo be worth looking at as well.

I genuinely laughed at that! I prefer wearing flip flops for that reason, and its always really hard to get trainers that can go on my feet. Thats why I wear NB running shoes, for people who have differently normal-feet.

The same guy can dock your tail, it saves the embarrassment of the old 'back bulge' in your strides.

The same guy can dock your tail, it saves the embarrassment of the old 'back bulge' in your strides.

:lol:

Its perfectly normal!

What size are you XBL?

11, but I find it very difficult to find anything wide enough for me.

Good lord. I wouldn't either. They're hidious.

Try also SportsDirect, StreetFeet, even Amazon's worth a shot. Jacamo be worth looking at as well.

Those all sound promising, cheers! Check out the level of detail NB offer on their site:

http://www.newbalance.co.uk/shoe-last-chart/shoe-last-chart,default,pg.html

Essentially, wide forefoot seems to be where I'm at.

:lol:

Its perfectly normal!

11, but I find it very difficult to find anything wide enough for me.

Those all sound promising, cheers! Check out the level of detail NB offer on their site:

http://www.newbalance.co.uk/shoe-last-chart/shoe-last-chart,default,pg.html

Essentially, wide forefoot seems to be where I'm at.

Blimey. I just pick "size 5" and be done with. I never knew there was such a science behind it!

Also, blimey. Did I really just spell "hideous" like that?

Blimey. I just pick "size 5" and be done with. I never knew there was such a science behind it!

Also, blimey. Did I really just spell "hideous" like that?

My childhood was very traumatic. It basically consisted of spending what felt like days on end trying on every pair of trainers in every shop with an increasingly exasperated mother telling me to stop trying shoes on and just pick some. Eventually, I'd buy some once we'd given up with Arbroath and gone to Dundee. Within a year, there would be a hole in the side of them (where my wee toe is), or they would have ripped somewhere. I've been procrastinating over buying new trainers...since 2011.

I mainly wear flip flops when I possibly can.