Scotland 0 Norway 1

RedWeb

I thought gordon was good today. His handling seemed fine and he took a few akward crosses. Fair enough he came and didnt gather just before the penalty but why was carew allowed a free header?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Big Hairy
I thought gordon was good today. His handling seemed fine and he took a few akward crosses. Fair enough he came and didnt gather just before the penalty but why was carew allowed a free header?

Never comanded his box and never looked confident. Marshall should have been in goal, he may have come for the corner that led to the winner, Gordon certainly never would.

What foundations is Vogts laying?

No goals in either game and no real chances either - very very poor.

1) Why is Darren Fletcher playing on the right wing and not centre midfield?

2) Why isnt David Marshall playing in goal? Tell me one instance Marshall has f**ked up for Celtic? Gordon was poor against Slovenia and poor today.

3) Why wasnt Stephen Pearson playing? He and Fletcher are the only two genuine box to box midfielders we have.

2) Why isnt David Marshall playing in goal? Tell me one instance Marshall has f**ked up for Celtic? Gordon was poor against Slovenia and poor today.

3) Why wasnt Stephen Pearson playing? He and Fletcher are the only two genuine box to box midfielders we have.

1, hes playing in both postions for man u

2. Away to Villarreal, to name but 1

3. he has played even less than Faddy or Fletcher

You'd have to be a masochist to follow Scotland, it's so depressing and painful to watch. I used to think watching us at the Mexico, Italy or France World Cups was torture but at least we got there and those times are like the good old days compared to today.They're going down the toilet faster than a dodgy curry. :(

But I wouldn't blame Faddy for the handball, was he supposed to let them score?

Alternatively, he could get sent off knowing there was a 90% chance of them scoring the penalty...leaving us not only a goal down but without our most creative player for 30 minutes this afternoon and all night on Wednesday. If it was the last minute or last 5 fair enough, but that wasn't the time to do it I'm afraid :(

Sorry if this spounds a bit harsh, but having just come back from the match i'd like to say GET TAE f**k GORDON YOU'RE NEVER A KEEPER 'CAUSE A KEEPER AT LEAST CHALLENGES FOR THE BALL IN HIS OWN SIX YARD BOX YA WEE c**t.

Gordon took 2 or 3 crosses comfortably and seemed to be commanding his box well. He came for 2 crosses in the second half and never got near them. But lets face it, Lundekvam got a free header for the goal and Faddy stupidly handled it. Why aren't you blaming Faddy and Lundekvam's marker?

I thought Scotland played above themselves today. Our players simply aren't good enough, old enough, or playing regularly enough. Vogts is doing very well with a team that would struggle in the Nationwide div 1

Never comanded his box and never looked confident. Marshall should have been in goal, he may have come for the corner that led to the winner, Gordon certainly never would.

Marshall is just as dodgy on crosses if not more so. Just ask Bhoys67 <_<

We have played 2 games of our qualifying campaign and we're more or less out already. It's embarassing. When the fixtures came out we got lucky that we had 2 games at home which we could win. We have drawn one and lost one without even scoring a goal. In fact, how many goalscoring chances did we have in the two matches? Fckall. It's not good enough. I feel that we have a reasonable set of players who should be more than capable of doing better against Slovenia and a poor Norway side. The coaching is the problem.

Vogts Record

P30 W8 D6 L16

The worst Scotland manager ever. Get him out.

Right, well you will excuse me if I dont ask Bhoys67 anything - he is a muppet.

Remember Marshall v Barcelona (x2) last year. Different class.

Gordon commanded nothing all day. His defenders didnt have a clue whether he was going to tentatively come off his line, stay rooted to the spot or randomly flap at the ball - he isnt good enough yet.

Im not referring specifically to the goal - that can happen. From the first corner onwards it was panic stations in our box.

In what way is Vogts doing well??? We havent scored (or looked like scoring) for two internationals in a row against opposition no better than ourselves. There are no signs of progress and we will finish nearer the bottom than the top of our qualifying group.

Why doesnt David Weir play for the national side?

Vogts must go.

We have played 2 games of our qualifying campaign and we're more or less out already. It's embarassing. When the fixtures came out we got lucky that we had 2 games at home which we could win. We have drawn one and lost one without even scoring a goal. In fact, how many goalscoring chances did we have in the two matches? Fckall. It's not good enough. I feel that we have a reasonable set of players who should be more than capable of doing better against Slovenia and a poor Norway side. The coaching is the problem.

Vogts Record

P30 W8 D6 L16

Spot on!

As I've said before, he's blooded so many young players. Look at the age of the team today. Gordon, Webster, Caldwell, Fletcher, Faddy and Hughes are all probably 25 or under. Ferguson, Anderson, Naysmith and Holt can't be much over 25. I reckon Dickov is the only over 30 in the starting 11.

Considering Craig Brown left him such an ageing team having blooded almost no youth players. He's undoubtadly laying good foundations IMO.

You can only piss with the cock you've got i'm afraid. Maybe we should sign a striker <_<

Who else is gonna play wide on the right?

Did he no drop it for Prunty to score against him when he was at Aberdeen? Remember Skerla's goal in the cup final? He didn't look too clever against Killie earlier this season either.

No idea. Perhaps he wasn't fit. He's hardly played for Celtic.

Because he couldn't take a bit of critisism from Vogts after the Faroe Islands game in the Euro 2004 qualifiers, and retired from international football.

Christian Dailly got the same critisism, and now he's a bit of a cult hero amongst the TA. :rolleyes:

Vogts Record

P30 W8 D6 L16

In fairness, that's his total record including friendlies. Considering he came to this country not knowing any of the players, I think he's entitled to try things in the friendlies. Who gives a f**k if you get beat in a friendly?

His competitive record is actually quite good. Norway and Slovenia aren't good sides but we're no better. We've dominated both games but can't score. Norway may be poor but they have a real threat in John Carew. We have Paul Dickov ;)

As I've said before, he's blooded so many young players. Look at the age of the team today. Gordon, Webster, Caldwell, Fletcher, Faddy and Hughes are all probably 25 or under. Ferguson, Anderson, Naysmith and Holt can't be much over 25. I reckon Dickov is the only over 30 in the starting 11.

Considering Craig Brown left him such an ageing team having blooded almost no youth players. He's undoubtadly laying good foundations IMO.

It's international football. You don't 'blood' players. These are guys who have played well enough for their club side to be picked for the national side. Are you trying to say that these players would not be in the side if Vogts wasn't boss? That's crazy. They would be in the team anyway. The question is whether or not Vogts is getting them to perform adequately and I don't believe that he is.

Right, well you will excuse me if I dont ask Bhoys67 anything - he is a muppet.

Remember Marshall v Barcelona (x2) last year. Different class.

Gordon commanded nothing all day. His defenders didnt have a clue whether he was going to tentatively come off his line, stay rooted to the spot or randomly flap at the ball - he isnt good enough yet.

Im not referring specifically to the goal - that can happen. From the first corner onwards it was panic stations in our box.

In what way is Vogts doing well??? We havent scored (or looked like scoring) for two internationals in a row against opposition no better than ourselves. There are no signs of progress and we will finish nearer the bottom than the top of our qualifying group.

Vogts must go.

As I've said, Gordon is the better of the 2 goalkeepers for me. Youngsters will always make mistakes but I've seen more promise from Gordon than Marshall. First half today Gordon didn't do one thing wrong. Second half he made 2 mistakes.

Did anyone see Barthez?

We were never gonna qualify from that group. No disrespect but Paul Dickov would struggle to get a game for Slovenia, far less Norway. We have pish strikers.

Because he couldn't take a bit of critisism from Vogts after the Faroe Islands game in the Euro 2004 qualifiers, and retired from international football.

Christian Dailly got the same critisism, and now he's a bit of a cult hero amongst the TA. :rolleyes:

Spot on

It's international football. You don't 'blood' players. These are guys who have played well enough for their club side to be picked for the national side. Are you trying to say that these players would not be in the side if Vogts wasn't boss? That's crazy. They would be in the team anyway. The question is whether or not Vogts is getting them to perform adequately and I don't believe that he is.

Aye but this is Scotland. Most of our team don't even play for their club sides, far less play well. The point I'm making is that Brown didn't even start playing guys like McCann and Naysmith until they were well into their twenties. Vogts has Faddy and Fletcher in before they're 20 thus when the get to their mid twenties, they're already well experienced. Brown left Vogts with no experienced players who were gonna be around much longer.

Vogts youth policy will pay dividends in the future.

Archived