Scotland 0 Norway 1

RedWeb

...shite....1 point from 6...no goals....lost to one of major rivals at home :(

What makes it worse is that Norway were crap...their poorest team for years and I can see how they only drew at home to Belarus. As soon as the pen goes in it was all over...there was never going to be a way back...we hardly create chances never mind score goals.

Congrats to the crowd...amazing atmosphere watching on telly...the team and management are simply not worthy.

PaulC.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest juan villa-lobos ramirez

I would also blame Mcfadden, and if that makes me a boo boy then so be it. They say it was natural and instinctive? Yeah instinctive and natural, thats right most outfield players do that. POOR POOR POOR.

:angry::angry::angry:

I went off the national team years ago after one too many letdowns so maybe it's not my place to criticise. But I can't believe people still pay good money to travel to watch the Scotland team. Home games yes but those who travel far and wide must have a screw loose, especially to follow the current squad who must be the poorest ever. Of course everyone will be calling for Berti's head- I agree his time is up- but who's going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

Until such times as the powers that be concentrate on improving players' basic skills from a young age and dump this anxiety for kids teams to win medals and cups we'll get nowhere and I won't be back until then. :angry:

Guest juan villa-lobos ramirez

I will always support the national team but berti has had his chance, strachan and smith double act to get us to germany

Isn't it great when such knowledgeable and experienced pundits such as Alan McInally and Charlie Nicholas have a go at the manager and tell us how bad things are under Berti Vogts, and yet don't know the pressures involved in a manager's job.In my mind, until such time as these people take up a position that qualifies them to speak,they should SHUT THE F*** UP!!.

Sky,please do everyone a favour and refuse to employ these numbskulls until such time as they are qualified..

Give Berti until the end of the qualifying campaign and then make a decision on his future..

Steven

The Trainbairn

I will always support the national team but berti has had his chance, strachan and smith double act to get us to germany

Ahh yes, Strachan. Where was he the last time the job was vacant? Ah yes, that's right. He was in his cushy wee Premiership number. It's good of him to show an interest now that he's got

f**k ALL ELSE ON!!!

STRACHAN GTF!!!!

Isn't it great when such knowledgeable and experienced pundits such as Alan McInally and Charlie Nicholas have a go at the manager and tell us how bad things are under Berti Vogts, and yet don't know the pressures involved in a manager's job.In my mind, until such time as these people take up a position that qualifies them to speak,they should SHUT THE F*** UP!!.

Sky,please do everyone a favour and refuse to employ these numbskulls until such time as they are qualified..

Give Berti until the end of the qualifying campaign and then make a decision on his future..

Steven

The Trainbairn

Totally agree mate. The SFA gave him a contract until 2006. He should be allowed to see it out. We could easily have won that game today had things went for us and the first half performance was excellent. BV has unearthed a lot of players who are now starting to establish themselves. He was left with a squad of thirty-somethings going nowhere. He's even got us playing football. I don't remember so much as a 1-2 under CB.

In short we have improved massivly under BV.

Give him until the end of the qualifiers?

Well, they're basically over for us already.

IMO we were never gonna qualify from that group with Wenger as our manager. It's all about probress IMO. If BV can take us onto the next level, having already done so much, then give him another 2 years.

As I said before, we've already made massive strides.

He said "The Norway game is not a must win game" !!! The man is a joke, what motivation did that give the squad?? :angry::angry:

Or how much pressure did it take off them? I doubt very much whether he said it in the dressing room. Had Alex Ferguson said that in the same position the media would have been creaming themselves with his mind games. He was doing nothing more than taking the pressure off what is a very young team.

I wouldn't blame that defeat on Vogts although he has made blunders in the past. The squad was desprately depleted today and now things have only got worse because the numpty McFadden got himself sent off. Fair enough if it was the last 5 mins but with so long to go what was the point?? As soon as he went there was even less creativity which we'll also miss in Moldova...as well as Dicov now.

The players aren't smart enough, imo, partly because they're young and/or inexperienced at that level but sometimes that just isn't good enough. We need more from guys like Ferguson, who, althought doesn't do an awful lot wrong, doesn't really contribute enough going forward.

We'll do well to qualify from this situation but it could be a tight group and there will be shocks.

Finally, at least we're not Portuguese....2-0 against Liechtenstein and ended up only getting a point.

Sorry if this spounds a bit harsh, but having just come back from the match i'd like to say GET TAE f**k GORDON YOU'RE NEVER A KEEPER 'CAUSE A KEEPER AT LEAST CHALLENGES FOR THE BALL IN HIS OWN SIX YARD BOX YA WEE c**t.

He's only just over 20 FFS!!! Give him a break. He made a couple of mistakes but to lay the blame on his shoulders is disgraceful :angry: There were 10 other players out there too...sorry make that 9 after McFadden got stupidly sent off.

Archived