Throw The Book At Him

Thatcher went in to hurt him in the first place, if you take off your blinkers, and broke Beckham's rib. Beckham realised he'd have to come off, so got his own back on the loutish Thatcher (who has remained strangely silent on the matter...) knowing he'd get booked and miss an easy game.

Disagree. I didnt think either of them went for the ball, but Beckham came off worst (as so often happens - a "Gazza" as its known)

He should be given a 3 match ban and I think he will. Unfortunately I think that will actually help England as Beckham has been the weak link in their midfield for the last 2 years.

Sorry, I'm going to have to stick up for Beckham, who I've got a lot of time for. I think what he did was pretty canny, and he's only being honest. He'd get stick if he didn't admit it, so he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. As is always the case with Beckham.

he was clever to get booked, nothing wrong with that- in the same way that there is nothing wrong with intentionally fouling someone to break up an attack- it wins games, end of.

to admit it is SO stupid he deserves a fine.

ps if it was anyne else, it wouldnt even have made the papers, never mind the front pages

Archived