The New Raith Rovers Thread

Sacking the two directors who were the driving force behind is a strange way of showing that, more so as it's now finally showing some returns.

Considering that's a load of shite entirely.

Every single one of the directors that have been punted played a part in how last season unfolded. They all deserved to be punted.

1 hour ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Considering that's a load of shite entirely.

Every single one of the directors that have been punted played a part in how last season unfolded. They all deserved to be punted.

Plus I may be wrong but I dont think any of the directors were sacked. Mario wanted out, Val left and ED position was made redundant and others that left never contributed money to the club. 

Don't misunderstand me completely, anyone on the board who had any part in Locke's getting the managers job should hang their head in shame, however the main remit of Philips and Wann was youth development which was and is doing very well.  CE had a good working relationship with both these guys, the fact that they were both asked to leave is worrying as  I don't think Easton is as comfortable with the changes.

3 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Plus I may be wrong but I dont think any of the directors were sacked. Mario wanted out, Val left and ED position was made redundant and others that left never contributed money to the club. 

Depends on what you hear, if being asked to leave (tender your resignation) isn't the same as being  sacked then ok.

3 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Don't misunderstand me completely, anyone on the board who had any part in Locke's getting the managers job should hang their head in shame, however the main remit of Philips and Wann was youth development which was and is doing very well.  CE had a good working relationship with both these guys, the fact that they were both asked to leave is worrying as  I don't think Easton is as comfortable with the changes.

We don't know the ins ad outs of why these guys left - maybe they didn't agree with the new direction under the new board.... maybe the new guys questioned whether they were qualified to do that job?  - did both not initially get seats on the board as the "fans director"? May seem from the outside like "Jobs for the Boys"

3 hours ago, GhostZapper said:

We don't know the ins ad outs of why these guys left - maybe they didn't agree with the new direction under the new board.... maybe the new guys questioned whether they were qualified to do that job?  - did both not initially get seats on the board as the "fans director"? May seem from the outside like "Jobs for the Boys"

Transparency is the key

Maybe the fact that  4 directors left or were pushed before they were shoved or whatever in a week could be deemed concerning

Val McDermots made a strange  statement for leaving

Following the club’s own announcement, Val said: “The new regime has the right to appoint its own boardto carry forward its vision for the future of the club. 
“Those of us who have struggled against the odds to keep the club afloat are perhaps not best suited to that role. 
“I will always support Raith Rovers in any way I can 

Not for one minute saying the change in directors or takeover by Sim will be good,bad or indifferent.Only time will tell

With a new owner there usually is a boardroom shuffle of sorts. It's only natural that sim wants to get his own people involved to try take the club in a new direction.

Eta: it's not exactly worked for us in the past with these people at the helm. I do largely appreciate the work they have done though. With keeping the club afloat etc

3 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Dont know why you gave me a reddy for my previous post :wacko: You,ve taken it in the wrong context when I was actually agreeing with you

Sorry, I gave you a greenie in the 1st place by mistake and then retracted it as I didn't mean to award anything but I think I've sorted it out now.:unsure:

Edited by Scottydog