The New Raith Rovers Thread

jimmy nic bought craig mcewan and duffield was scoring for fun the previous season. i think they sacked the janny a couple of games too soon he had a plan and a system it just needed a wee bit of time. i do wonder how we would have faired under the hamster but we will never know and iain munro was a shite manager

I agree, I remember the general feeling with a lot of our fans being that we'd went for the cheap option going for JT to replace JN but I think he did a good job and was horsed out of the club in a very unprofessional way. Frank Conner rekindled a pride in being a Raith fan that had been missing in Kirkcaldy for quite a few years, even converting some part time Old Firm fans back into the Raith fold before JN replaced him when he went to Hearts. JT was the last manager for a long time to give us a team on the park to be proud of. We lost a lot of credibility in the McLean debacle and following seasons under shite management. JT did a good job for us.

I agree, I remember the general feeling with a lot of our fans being that we'd went for the cheap option going for JT to replace JN but I think he did a good job and was horsed out of the club in a very unprofessional way. Frank Conner rekindled a pride in being a Raith fan that had been missing in Kirkcaldy for quite a few years, even converting some part time Old Firm fans back into the Raith fold before JN replaced him when he went to Hearts. JT was the last manager for a long time to give us a team on the park to be proud of. We lost a lot of credibility in the McLean debacle and following seasons under shite management. JT did a good job for us.

Eh? huh.gif

And Wee Tam was only in charge for one game. unsure.gif

Eh? huh.gif

And Wee Tam was only in charge for one game. unsure.gif

The point I'm trying to make is that after our club disposed of Jimmy Thomson we were forced to endure quite shite football under Tommy McLean, Iain Munroe, Jimmy Nicholl, John McVeigh, Silky and then Jocky fuckin Scott. JT was pushed in 1996, it wasn't until we got Antonio Calderon in as manager in 2002 that we had a team on the park that played with a bit of flair again.

I'm well aware that McLean was only with us for one game and he cost us a lot of money for his one week. I remember him going to his "bigger and better team" and I remember us ripping them a new one on his return to Stark's.

It's a bit stretching it that we finished 6th under JT. We finished the season under him but he inherited Jimmy Nic's side late on in the season. JT took the football out of the side in favour of a solid look, that much is certain.

The team under JN by spring was stagnant and on the way down the table, we were at best 9th(?) when JN left for Millwall. JT Signed 3 players during the run in and we improved our placing to joint 5th.

Sinclair, Cameron , Crawford & Dair were always going to move on not losing them wasn't ever an option in my view.

Oh and by the way Cameron was even dropped for the run in as the boss felt his heart wasn't in the Raith cause.

If Alex Fergusson had taken over as boss under Penman do you think he'd have done any better than Thomson under Eck Penman at that time?

In your opinion what was wrong with the footballing skills of ;

Paul Harvey (did well at Motherwell after us)

Mirodrag Kriprovovic

Paul Brown

Scott Thomson

Paul Bonner (did well in his 1st 3 months then was poooooooor! admittedly)

IMO I don't think that any of those guys took "the football" out of the Raith side.

Crawford, Dair & Sinclair did their best stuff during their time at SP only Cameron was a class act when he moved on.

AP screwed us and his appointment of I Munro (after being shafted by the Hamster) then was the biggest nail in our coffin until the Glesga mob & Cluade Le Fraud showed up to all but kill the club.

Blaming Jim Thomson for the Munro (principally Alex Penmans) failings are IMO well off the mark.

The point I'm trying to make is that after our club disposed of Jimmy Thomson we were forced to endure quite shite football under Tommy McLean, Iain Munroe, Jimmy Nicholl, John McVeigh, Silky and then Jocky fuckin Scott. JT was pushed in 1996, it wasn't until we got Antonio Calderon in as manager in 2002 that we had a team on the park that played with a bit of flair again.

I'm well aware that McLean was only with us for one game and he cost us a lot of money for his one week. I remember him going to his "bigger and better team" and I remember us ripping them a new one on his return to Stark's.

Wee Tam played the team he inherited from Thomson. To say he was shite based on that is open to ridicule. The fact that he joined Jim at Dundee United is entirely irrelevant.

In your opinion what was wrong with the footballing skills of ;

Paul Harvey (did well at Motherwell after us)

Mirodrag Kriprovovic

Paul Brown

Scott Thomson

Blaming Jim Thomson for the Munro (principally Alex Penmans) failings are IMO well off the mark.

Theres hardly a word of sense in all that shite. I said nothing about JT being responsible for Munro's failings -fukkin shite. As for your list of players I dont see the relevance in that list pf players either. Paul Browne was S-H-I-T-E, as his move to lower league teams showed. Paul Harvey hardly played a game for us, he was committed to the reserves for almost his whole time at Straks Park.

And of course, as you well know all of this has fukk all to do with Jimmy Thomson's abilities as a manager. Maybe you'd like to recall where his 'managerial career' went after he left us?

Well I'll tell you - fukkin Albion Rovers, then oblivion.

Theres hardly a word of sense in all that shite. I said nothing about JT being responsible for Munro's failings -fukkin shite. As for your list of players I dont see the relevance in that list pf players either. Paul Browne was S-H-I-T-E, as his move to lower league teams showed. Paul Harvey hardly played a game for us, he was committed to the reserves for almost his whole time at Straks Park.

And of course, as you well know all of this has fukk all to do with Jimmy Thomson's abilities as a manager. Maybe you'd like to recall where his 'managerial career' went after he left us?

Well I'll tell you - fukkin Albion Rovers, then oblivion.

You tell him son what a tosser.......

My link

Marvin to sign a short term contract till Wilson & Campbell comes back as it's strange that he went along! unsure.gif

Or am I simply reading far too much into it. tongue.gif

It would be scary enough to see him back at centre half, never mind centre half and full back, but I did wonder the same myself when I read the story this morning. Mind you, he can header a ball further than I can kick one, but I feel we've moved on from the "If it's up there it's no' doon here," default style of defence.

By the way, Paul Browne now drives a delivery van for Home Delivery Network. He brought me my latest Amazon stuff.

It would be scary enough to see him back at centre half, never mind centre half and full back, but I did wonder the same myself when I read the story this morning. Mind you, he can header a ball further than I can kick one, but I feel we've moved on from the "If it's up there it's no' doon here," default style of defence.

By the way, Paul Browne now drives a delivery van for Home Delivery Network. He brought me my latest Amazon stuff.

While Wilson is out injured Murray will be the first choice right back so we are lacking cover in the middle...

While Wilson is out injured Murray will be the first choice right back so we are lacking cover in the middle...

Until Ellis is fit enough to play a full game.

If we really did need extra cover I'd much prefer us to try and get Armstrong back in until Campbell was fit.

Only because Eddie Forrest got a strange phone call, telling him the interview was cancelled.

My link

Marvin to sign a short term contract till Wilson & Campbell comes back as it's strange that he went along! :unsure:

Or am I simply reading far too much into it. :P

It shows that he's still well in at Stark's Park, and I'd be surprised if McGlynn hasnt been asking him questions about his intentions. I hope he comes back - even if he's lost some pace his presence is immense.

Still, there's nothing more than speculation tho.