Who's Going To Uni?

No idea! I have considered making up references to suit my argument, but that will almost certainly be the only reference checked by my supervisor...

In many of my exam essays, salient points on fluvial dynamics were from (McKechnie, 2004) and (MacKay, 1999).

No idea! I have considered making up references to suit my argument, but that will almost certainly be the only reference checked by my supervisor...

Slightly tangential but genuine question: Has anyone on here ever referenced a paper to support their argument on P&B?

Slightly tangential but genuine question: Has anyone on here ever referenced a paper to support their argument on P&B?

Didn't Swampy reference a study on the Tom daly thread today? Maybe not in proper referencing format, but he cited it nonetheless.. :P

In many of my exam essays, salient points on fluvial dynamics were from (McKechnie, 2004) and (MacKay, 1999).

Outstanding!

Sounds like something Supras would do.

Think there was a strike at Stirling today, vaguely remember having an e-mail about it.

I've no exams this semester so finished for Christmas on Friday there, not back until February. Scenes.

Had a bit of a shocker in my first semester, reckon I've failed my History module due to failing to submit a piece of coursework on time and patching lectures/any sort of revision since late September. Enjoying Uni for the most part though.

Don't worry too much about first and second year. I was getting thirds in first year and dropped out of a module in second year, and I'm sitting on the 1st/2:1 borderline going into my final exams in 4th year.

Guest honestrae95

Think there was a strike at Stirling today, vaguely remember having an e-mail about it.

I've no exams this semester so finished for Christmas on Friday there, not back until February. Scenes.

Had a bit of a shocker in my first semester, reckon I've failed my History module due to failing to submit a piece of coursework on time and patching lectures/any sort of revision since late September. Enjoying Uni for the most part though.

You're a lucky b*****d being off for Christmas already! I've got exams on the 12th, the 18th (my birthday :() and the 19th. I've been studying a fair bit because I really don't want to have to re-sit in the summer. Couldn't be fecked with that. Passes will do nicely.

You're a lucky b*****d being off for Christmas already! I've got exams on the 12th, the 18th (my birthday :() and the 19th. I've been studying a fair bit because I really don't want to have to re-sit in the summer. Couldn't be fecked with that. Passes will do nicely.

I missed my Property law exam near the start of the first semester of first year and had to come back to Glasgow in the summer to sit it. Managed to get it as a first sitting though.

Then there was one year where I'd studied quite a lot for an exam and the weather was mental so it got postponed until after Christmas. I've not had the best of luck so far.

Guest honestrae95

I missed my Property law exam near the start of the first semester of first year and had to come back to Glasgow in the summer to sit it. Managed to get it as a first sitting though.

Then there was one year where I'd studied quite a lot for an exam and the weather was mental so it got postponed until after Christmas. I've not had the best of luck so far.

Aye, I canny be bothered with this forecasted snow. Knowing my luck, i'll have at least one postponed. I've got Intro to Legal Study, Obligations and Criminal Law this semester. Would rather get it all over and done with tbh.

You at Glasgow or Strathy?

Aye, I canny be bothered with this forecasted snow. Knowing my luck, i'll have at least one postponed. I've got Intro to Legal Study, Obligations and Criminal Law this semester. Would rather get it all over and done with tbh.

You at Glasgow or Strathy?

Glasgow. I didn't do any of those subjects in first year. Or at least they've changed the names. I presume obligations is like Delict, contract, property and unjustified enrichment? Luckily I have no exams this semester. Unfortunately that also means I have all course work to do...

Don't worry too much about first and second year. I was getting thirds in first year and dropped out of a module in second year, and I'm sitting on the 1st/2:1 borderline going into my final exams in 4th year.

Aye, not too concerned but will need to get the finger out. Told my maw I'd passed all my modules with flying colours, obviously.

Get it up ye. You're doing Law though, eh? Should have done a diddy course and you'd be sitting with a beer celebrating your team going top of the league like me ;)

Edited by ScottR96

Glasgow. I didn't do any of those subjects in first year. Or at least they've changed the names. I presume obligations is like Delict, contract, property and unjustified enrichment? Luckily I have no exams this semester. Unfortunately that also means I have all course work to do...

They've split up the old Principles of Property and Obligations along similar lines to the way Edinburgh does it and they've split Sources and Institutions of Scots Law into a "Constitutional Law" class and some legal system shit.

Snow cancelling exams is excellent. In my 2nd year our Law and Government and Property Law exams were postponed to January. Meant I spent more time in the Beer Bar and the one exam of mine that wasn't cancelled (the 2nd year politics module) I ended up winning the class prize in as it was the only thing I revised before Christmas. (#smug)

I then went straight from my Law and Government exam, which was re-arranged for a Saturday in January, to Firhill, where I missed us scoring the opening goal against Stirling Albion in a 6-1 victory. Good times.

I may have referenced former Ross County players and seasons they played in during exams. Quite straightforward when you can go: Bullock (2008), (Cowan, 2005), McCunnie (2004). In moments of blank mindedness I did end up using foreign players like (Ciani, 2006) and Tomei (2007).

I tried to go back a few years, just in case the marker was an avid Scottish football fan.

I may have referenced former Ross County players and seasons they played in during exams. Quite straightforward when you can go: Bullock (2008), (Cowan, 2005), McCunnie (2004). In moments of blank mindedness I did end up using foreign players like (Ciani, 2006) and Tomei (2007).

I tried to go back a few years, just in case the marker was an avid Scottish football fan.

[Vennegoor of Hesselink, 2008]