Who's Going To Uni?

Heriot watt is my 1st choice if i get an A in my 2 year graded unit i will go there to do structural or civil engineering. Defo think it can be achieved, failing that i will go to Napier or try and get work with an HND. Looking like i might be able to do it all without needing a student loan too

Civils at HW is the place to be.

Civils at HW is the place to be.

So I've heard, need to get the head down for my 2 year at college though and get my graded unit results. Will still apply for jobs with my HND and see what i can get and keep options open

You got any more information for me?

Edited by throbber

Singled out the two places where I want to do my masters; Aberdeen or Edinburgh. Aberdeen is offering Health Psychology which is my second choice in all honesty; my real aim is to get into clinical psychology at Edinburgh uni. The considerations however is that both places are quite expensive to live in. Any tips on finding relatively cheap accommodation in either of these cities?

Singled out the two places where I want to do my masters; Aberdeen or Edinburgh. Aberdeen is offering Health Psychology which is my second choice in all honesty; my real aim is to get into clinical psychology at Edinburgh uni. The considerations however is that both places are quite expensive to live in. Any tips on finding relatively cheap accommodation in either of these cities?

What's your budget? For Edinburgh your budget for something decent should at the very least be £300 per month. You could get something cheaper, but you'd have to factor in a commute. I think value can be found in Leith and the south side of Newington, near Cameron Toll.

Funnily enough my cheapest flat in Edinburgh is the one I'm in just now in Marchmont, which is one of the most expensive rental areas in Edinburgh.

What's your budget? For Edinburgh your budget for something decent should at the very least be £300 per month. You could get something cheaper, but you'd have to factor in a commute. I think value can be found in Leith and the south side of Newington, near Cameron Toll.

Funnily enough my cheapest flat in Edinburgh is the one I'm in just now in Marchmont, which is one of the most expensive rental areas in Edinburgh.

Doubt you'd find anything decent for less than £350 within walking distance of the uni.

I'm paying £400 this year for a good two bed. Was £350 last for a white five bed and £400 the year before for a decent five bed.

Edited by ForzaDundee

Doubt you'd find anything decent for less than £350 within walking distance of the uni.

I'm paying £400 this year for a good two bed. Was £350 last for a white five bed and £400 the year before for a decent five bed.

You'd generally be right but there are bargains to be had, as Widge refers to above; you just have to be quick or know someone who's got a space in their cheaper flat going. I'm paying £325 for my place in Marchmont, which is a steal. The flat itself is in good nick as well.