Who's Going To Uni?

Finally enrolled but now I've been told I have a credit deficit from first year(my HNC) when last year I queried it and I was told there wasn't an issue. Serves me right for going to a Uni that'll accept me.

Anyone know when Strathclyde start back? Haven't got any emails about it yet.

Classes should start Monday 24th.

Still haven't got a dissertation supervisor; fear I'm wasting my time planning and reading if I'm only going to be told to change my question/the subject completely because it's pish.

Doing my HND this year at Adam Smith, does that mean if I pass I got into the second year of university?

And if so would it be better going for halls or getting a room in a flat, or travelling there everyday?

Second year after HNC

Third year after HND

Edited by GordieBoy80

So I had one re-sit, which was a piece of coursework I put no effort into whatsoever the first time round. Spent a couple more days on the re-sit and passed. So I now have a BSc in Information Technology. Would liked to have done honours but had to move up to Inverness during the summer.

Apparently, Universities don't count Advanced Highers if you got an A in that subject at Higher :huh:. Is this true? Doing 2 AH's this year but I don't see the point if it won't help me get into Uni.

If your needing grades this year to meet conditionals don't bother with Advanced Higher. Just take some more easy Highers like business management or PE.

Doing my HND this year at Adam Smith, does that mean if I pass I got into the second year of university?

And if so would it be better going for halls or getting a room in a flat, or travelling there everyday?

I'd recommend staying in halls for one year, just to do it and love it for what it is. Then get yourself a flat with a mate of two.

As for a pass into Uni, I think it really depends what subject you're doing and what uni you want to go to. I'd start checking some prospectuses out for this year to get a feel for what's on offer.

I haven't got a good word to say about Adam Smith at all. I got an HNC in Accounting 8 or so years ago and last year went to see if they would let me into the HND course and was told that the credits I have were far too out of date for what they were doing.

Stuff that, went back to start 1st year at Aberdeen uni again and got 19 and 20 for my main subjects for 1st year after 8 years out of education. Adam Smith can kiss my @rse as can Allan Walker, The Mercat and Kitties.

Apparently, Universities don't count Advanced Highers if you got an A in that subject at Higher :huh:. Is this true? Doing 2 AH's this year but I don't see the point if it won't help me get into Uni.

Well that's a load of bollocks. Just for starters, most English Universities make a conditional offer based on your Higher results demanding particular results in your Advanced Highers. So for example one person in my year got 5As at Higher and had to get two A band 1s and an A in his 3 Advanced Highers to be accepted into Cambridge for Mechanical Engineering.

If you fall short of the requirements for unconditional entry, but meet the conditional requirements, the Universities are obviously going to take into account the subjects you do in S6, whether they're Highers or Advanced Highers. If anything they're less interested in how you do in the diddy Highers you take on, and will more than likely make an offer based on your Advanced Higher subjects. Since by extension they are more likely to be the ones you got As in, they absolutely do care about your Advanced Higher results unless you're already on an unconditional.

In short, whoever told you that is talking shite.

Well that's a load of bollocks. Just for starters, most English Universities make a conditional offer based on your Higher results demanding particular results in your Advanced Highers. So for example one person in my year got 5As at Higher and had to get two A band 1s and an A in his 3 Advanced Highers to be accepted into Cambridge for Mechanical Engineering.

If you fall short of the requirements for unconditional entry, but meet the conditional requirements, the Universities are obviously going to take into account the subjects you do in S6, whether they're Highers or Advanced Highers. If anything they're less interested in how you do in the diddy Highers you take on, and will more than likely make an offer based on your Advanced Higher subjects. Since by extension they are more likely to be the ones you got As in, they absolutely do care about your Advanced Higher results unless you're already on an unconditional.

In short, whoever told you that is talking shite.

Can you help me with this situation please!

If in 5th year someone only got an A higher and an A Int 2, but in 6th year took 2 highers and the advanced higher of the higher A they got, are they actually better taking 3 separate highers instead of the advanced one to have a better chance of uni?

Can you help me with this situation please!

If in 5th year someone only got an A higher and an A Int 2, but in 6th year took 2 highers and the advanced higher of the higher A they got, are they actually better taking 3 separate highers instead of the advanced one to have a better chance of uni?

It depends on the requirements for the particular course.