Fm 2005 Gold Demo

Bryan

Well football manager should be the one to go with. When the two companies split Edios got the rights to the champ man name and sigames got the right to the actual game. So football manager should be the way to go as edios have programmed the game from scratch where as sigames have just tweeked and updated previous versions. Guess we'll just need to wait and see.

FM is out November 5th. From playing the demo, it's a hell of a lot faster than CM ever was, and seems more detailed tactics wise. The transfer system also seems a lot more realistic (Ian Murray moved from Hibs to Celtic for £400k rather than the millions of previous games).

In the lower divisions, you're more likely to have a bid of £0 accepted for a player as well.

The new interface takes a bit of getting used to, but after a few plays is more intuitive than you'd think at first. Gets the thumbs up from me!

Oh well looks like FM will be a lot more difficult than previous CM.

Had a quick try at it last night as Falkirk and lost 3-0 to Hamilton in my 1st competitive game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh well looks like FM will be a lot more difficult than previous CM.

Had a quick try at it last night as Falkirk and lost 3-0 to Hamilton in my 1st competitive game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just tried it - horsed by Forfar 7-1 in the Bells :ph34r:

The best new bit (so far) is the 'manager mind games' - I had Anelka telling the press that I had no chance of getting promotion (before I beat him 2-1). Whyte has just said something similar so I replied with (paraphrasing) 'Although other people may think you're shite, I don't mind you so much'. :lol:

Downloaded the demo of FM tonight. There are still a couple of bugs that i have noticed such as players not showing up in the squad screen when the filter is set up corectly. Appart from that it looks good and fairly realistic. Went Falkirk, drew 2-2 with Kilmarnock, lost 3-1 to Wolves and beat Hartlepool 2-1. All friendlies and so far Duffy has bagged 4 in 3 games :lol: . Havn't signed anyone yet but failed in attempts to bring in Ross Wallace on loan. I like the way how you can go in before and after games and praise or criticise oposition managers and the tactics seem a bit more in depth. The training options seem pretty much the same but the match screen, including the 2D match engine, are improved.

It all looks pretty good at the moment and should be a pretty decent game.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived