Mobile Phone Modems

Just wondering if anyone knows why this is happening?

I have a laptop for work which I take to away games with me as I write the QoS away match reports for our official site and send them off while en route home.

I have a Nokia 6310i and bought a data cable to connect to the laptop for this purpose as the laptop hasn't got an infra red connection.

Generally this worked fine with one or two occasional little problems up to this last fortnight. Since it downloaded Service Pack 2 I'm having a bloody annoying problem. When I connect first to the provider it is having difficulty verifying my password. On the few occasions it does, if I lose the signal then that's the end of things. Any attempt to reconnect is met with "No dial tone" messages constantly. No amount of reconnecting or retrying does any good. Only switching the whole thing off and starting again works which is a pain in the backside and even then it doesn't always work.

I've tried running diagnostics on the thing but they seem to default to the other modem for landline connections which doesn't have any problems.

I obviously don't know if this has anything to do with the instalation of SP2 but that's the only thing I can think of having changed since it was working perfectly well.

Any advice? I had someone else install all the drivers, etc for the Nokia modem in the first place as it was beyond me. I wouldn't like to think about having to re-install them but I will ask him if that's what needs done. :(

Completely different, but i'm no starting a new thread.

My phone has gone weird since I came back from holiday. It was fine when I left, and its just been sitting in my room. But ever since I got back, my reception has gone haywire. It used to be full in my room, all the time. Now its sometimes perfect, but most of the time its so bad the phone doesn't even recognise the network. I have no idea what it could be, any ideas?

Completely different, but i'm no starting a new thread.

My phone has gone weird since I came back from holiday. It was fine when I left, and its just been sitting in my room. But ever since I got back, my reception has gone haywire. It used to be full in my room, all the time. Now its sometimes perfect, but most of the time its so bad the phone doesn't even recognise the network. I have no idea what it could be, any ideas?

Try reseating your SIM (that means take the SIM out and put it back in again ;) )

Archived