Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Already heard weird stories because of this game... other than the woman finding the guy's body in the river and people setting up lures and robbing other folk.

One guy found out his house was a gym when he found people hanging around it at 3am.... hundreds of people gathered on a pier somewhere in California.... people catching folk jumping their fences in pursuit of Pokemon...

happily going to wait till this becomes available in the UK... not that desperate to walk out into oncoming traffic just cause there's a Pokemon mere feet from me on the other side of the road

Just downloaded in my house and had a Hitmonchan (amongst others) very close. Disappeared after a while though. Will check it out on the go tomorrow and hopefully I can get an egg before my 5 mile run and kill two birds with one stone.

2 hours ago, GingerSaint said:

Just downloaded in my house and had a Hitmonchan (amongst others) very close. Disappeared after a while though. Will check it out on the go tomorrow and hopefully I can get an egg before my 5 mile run and kill two birds with one stone.

Distance doesnt work when you are running I am afraid. Nor does it work on the train etc. I can only get it to pick up when I walk quite slowly.

Either using stardust to power it up or by levelling up I think with the candies. The clocktower outside my flat is a gym and so's the church across from where I work. The clocktower gym keeps getting contested by a couple of folk who are about level 24 already. I haven't a clue how to get even close to them at the moment.

8 hours ago, Smurph said:

How do you level Pokémon up? I think my highest CP is like 43.

I think they start to get more powerful as you go through the levels. Found a Wiggilytuff on my way home from work last night (via a fucking massive detour through Glasgow Green) and its CP was 450 or so.

9 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Either using stardust to power it up or by levelling up I think with the candies. The clocktower outside my flat is a gym and so's the church across from where I work. The clocktower gym keeps getting contested by a couple of folk who are about level 24 already. I haven't a clue how to get even close to them at the moment.

Hmm. I think you get more of a particular Pokémon's candy by catching more of them. I have two Zubats and have 10 candy for them (one was from an egg, I don't know if that does anything), whereas everything else just has three.

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I think they start to get more powerful as you go through the levels. Found a Wiggilytuff on my way home from work last night (via a fucking massive detour through Glasgow Green) and its CP was 450 or so.

I looked again and have a Psyduck at 72 but it was maybe the 5th I caught out of 11. That would make sense though. I'm only on level 4 just now.

I'm level 10 now. Tip to those playing - if you're getting loads of Pidgeys etc, evolve them. You get loads of xp, which moves you up levels and gives you new stuff in the shop/Pokestops. The Pokémon available to me seem to be improving as well. Caught an Omanyte when I went for a shit earlier.

Took a walk down the town and back and crafted a route with 13 poke stops. Got 4 eggs out of that lot and a load of Pokemon. I have 42 Pokemon (8 Zubats and 8 Drowzees :lol:).Top dog is my 142 Drowzee although I'm nowhere near the level of the gyms nearby.

Edited by GingerSaint