Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

Pokemon Blue was a cracking game, never played any of the other ones.

And no, I'm not a "raging woofter" - I just enjoyed what was a fairly entertaining adventure/RPG.

That's fine. I just meant if you still played them. I enjoyed Pokemon Red as I said.

Glad I'm not the only one playing the recent games!

As for the those above about Mew - the coding makes it impossible to get Mew in normal gameplay until Generation Three, when you can get it legitimately if you got a special ticket through Mystery Gift at a Nintendo Event. The only other legitimate way to get one was to go to the Pokemon Centre in the US, where you can play on some arcade machine to get a random pokemon, which could be Mew.

The claim about it being behind a lorry that you use strength on was absolute cack.

Depending on your original trainer name, Missingno. could evolve into any Pokemon EXCEPT Mew. One of "RED" and "ASH" made it into one that would evolve into a Clefable/Clefairy then immediately again into a Kangaskhan. If Missingno. was caught, it would scramble the pixels in a battle screen until you beat the Elite Four again.

The reason you could catch it to the right of Cinnebar Island was because it was a small patch that hadn't been assigned a Pokemon encounter type region. That means that the data for the previous encounter is used. "Missingno." stands for Missing Number, because there are something like 256 free "spaces" for Pokemon on the ROM, but only 151 are actually used.

ANYWAY...

I can't wait till the Gold/Silver remakes come out. The originals were so awesome and the 1st Gen remakes were so good that these should be incredible. I've been keeping tabs on the development, and apparently like Pokemon Yellow you can have a Pokemon following you, but it's not restricted to your starter, and can be any of them!

What starter type did everyone go for? I always went water. Don't really know why. Just instinctive really. I'm glad the Global Trading System is in place now, as it allowed me to get the other starters anyway :P.

I can't wait till the Gold/Silver remakes come out. The originals were so awesome and the 1st Gen remakes were so good that these should be incredible. I've been keeping tabs on the development, and apparently like Pokemon Yellow you can have a Pokemon following you, but it's not restricted to your starter, and can be any of them!

What starter type did everyone go for? I always went water. Don't really know why. Just instinctive really. I'm glad the Global Trading System is in place now, as it allowed me to get the other starters anyway :P.

The thought of a Steelix following you around is great. :D

And in the 4th gen games, water was the worst IMO, mainly due to the absolute lack of grass (unless you want a Roserade) and fire (again, unless you want a Rapidash) types, a common problem throughout most of the games, not so much with grass but definitely with fire. There are usually so many different water types that it seems like a waste to me to go for Squirtle/Totodile/Mudkip/Piplup.

And in the 4th gen games, water was the worst IMO, mainly due to the absolute lack of grass (unless you want a Roserade) and fire (again, unless you want a Rapidash) types, a common problem throughout most of the games, not so much with grass but definitely with fire. There are usually so many different water types that it seems like a waste to me to go for Squirtle/Totodile/Mudkip/Piplup.

Mate that sounds like something the droogs would say!

droogs.jpg

You're definitely right about the fire shortage. My teams actually hardly ever involve a fire or a grass Pokemon to be honest though. I have a penchant for Water, Psychic, Dark, Electric and Flying. Dual types in addition to that are a bonus.

Bug is an absolute waste of time and they really should have just put it under "grass". Poison just about justifies its own category, but only by the skin of its teeth.

How does your main D/P party line-up? I've gone Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Infernape, Alakazam, Umbreon. Unlike in previous games, I've hardly touched my Legendaries since catching them, for some utterly inexplicable reason. I used to make a point of getting them up to lv100.

He's saying you are gay.

NOTE: I'm just explaining, not agreeing...

Ah, the man's the height of wittiness.

Your mii's getting bored without you :rolleyes:

Ah, I see what you did there. Very clever :lol:

I don't get this joke.

:rolleyes:

Mate that sounds like something the droogs would say!

I would imagine a lot of the posters on here spend a lot of time on their oddyknocky

Would you believe I've never actually seen that film for some reason?

Edit: I want to though.

Dont. Read the book instead. Or at least read the book first.

Dont. Read the book instead. Or at least read the book first.

Why not?

It's a classic film and who actually reads books when there is a film that can summarize the contents in two hours?

The book is just going to like watching a Russell Brand show, a long list of gibberish with no human expression.

You're definitely right about the fire shortage. My teams actually hardly ever involve a fire or a grass Pokemon to be honest though. I have a penchant for Water, Psychic, Dark, Electric and Flying. Dual types in addition to that are a bonus.

Bug is an absolute waste of time and they really should have just put it under "grass". Poison just about justifies its own category, but only by the skin of its teeth.

How does your main D/P party line-up? I've gone Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, Infernape, Alakazam, Umbreon. Unlike in previous games, I've hardly touched my Legendaries since catching them, for some utterly inexplicable reason. I used to make a point of getting them up to lv100.

Agree with what you're saying about the bug type, totally useless. Poison is decent, except most of them generally have a rotten defence.

My team on D/P is Infernape, Luxray, Staraptor, Rhyperior, Poliwrath and Cacturne. Having two with Fighting as their secondary type annoys me a little, but they're both useful. I generally don't ever bother with legendaries.

Why not?

It's a classic film and who actually reads books when there is a film that can summarize the contents in two hours?

The book is just going to like watching a Russell Brand show, a long list of gibberish with no human expression.

:huh:

The book is far better than the film, as is almost always the case. The film does little to enamor you to Alex, where he comes across as the evil thug that he actually is, which is kind of the whole point - even more so when the film leaves out the final and, possibly, most important final chapter. The book draws you into his world, makes you feel sorry for him when you know that, really, you shouldnt.

The film is really just a couple of hours of random violence with no particular point. Im not saying its a bad film, its well made, very in parts, but it doesnt tell the story of the book.

:huh:

The book is far better than the film, as is almost always the case. The film does little to enamor you to Alex, where he comes across as the evil thug that he actually is, which is kind of the whole point - even more so when the film leaves out the final and, possibly, most important final chapter. The book draws you into his world, makes you feel sorry for him when you know that, really, you shouldnt.

The film is really just a couple of hours of random violence with no particular point. Im not saying its a bad film, its well made, very in parts, but it doesnt tell the story of the book.

I really like the film, but it is different from the book, very different. Like you said, mising out the final chapter is very significant, and thats why I would recommend people do both. They tell different stories.

Edited to add, I do prefer the book though.

Edited by xbl