Pokemon Thread

Ad Lib

I need some team advice. I've just beaten the fifth gym leader, Clay, in Driftveil City and am about to go through chargestone cave. Here is my team so far:

Level 30 Pignite

- Take Down

- Rollout

- Arm Thrust

- Flame Charge

Item: Charcoal

Level 31 Sigilyph

- Air Cutter

- Reflect

- Light Screen

- Psybeam

Item: Scope Lens

Level 32 Lilligant

- Leech Seed

- Mega Drain

- Quiver Dance

- Teeter Dance

Item: Big Root

Level 32 Throh

- Storm Throw

- Revenge

- Focus Energy

- Body Slam

Level 32 Excadrill

- Hone Claws

- Slash

- Rock Slide

- Dig

Item: Soft Sand

Level 30 Herdier

- Work Up

- Strength

- Roar

- Crunch

Item: Exp Share

Obviously, there are clear problems with flying and fire types, so any recommendations for decent pokemon I could fit in?

I also have a few pokemon in the PC that are level 25 and above including Pansage, Victini, Munna, Tirtouga, Vanillite, Foongus, Emolga and Joltic. I have a level 20 Watchog that knows cut.

Edited by Turbo_dee

I need some team advice. I've just beaten the fifth gym leader, Clay, in Driftveil City and am about to go through chargestone cave. Here is my team so far:

Level 30 Pignite

- Take Down

- Rollout

- Arm Thrust

- Flame Charge

Item: Charcoal

Level 31 Sigilyph

- Air Cutter

- Reflect

- Light Screen

- Psybeam

Item: Scope Lens

Level 32 Lilligant

- Leech Seed

- Mega Drain

- Quiver Dance

- Teeter Dance

Item: Big Root

Level 32 Throh

- Storm Throw

- Revenge

- Focus Energy

- Body Slam

Level 32 Excadrill

- Hone Claws

- Slash

- Rock Slide

- Dig

Item: Soft Sand

Level 30 Herdier

- Work Up

- Strength

- Roar

- Crunch

Item: Exp Share

Obviously, there are clear problems with flying and fire types, so any recommendations for decent pokemon I could fit in?

I also have a few pokemon in the PC that are level 25 and above including Pansage, Victini, Munna, Tirtouga, Vanillite, Foongus, Emolga and Joltic. I have a level 20 Watchog that knows cut.

Joltik is as I have already said, once evolved in to Galvantula, an incredibly fast pokemon that learns some good moves. It is a good bet, if I was you I would replace Throh with Galvantula. Don't know about the issue of weakness to fire pokemon, but you don't face that many to be honest.

Finally found out how to change the White forest, thank god for that. Still levelling up and breeding, before I start attempting to trade.

Is it just to show the mayor the pokemon each day or is there another way?

Oh yeah, traded someone a vullaby with adamant nature and decent IVs for a shiny Duskull last night, it kicks ass.

Am I the only person who, since every Pokemon game, have just battered through the game with one Pokemon - meaning by the time I get to the Elite 4 I have one who's at about Level 65-70?

Am I the only person who, since every Pokemon game, have just battered through the game with one Pokemon - meaning by the time I get to the Elite 4 I have one who's at about Level 65-70?

Yes :lol:

Usually did this with the starter, certainly in Red, Gold and SS because Charizard, Venusaur or Typhlosion kick so much ass that they can even take nemeses.

Samurott is just shite though and he's not even in my team anymore.

Is it just to show the mayor the pokemon each day or is there another way?

Oh yeah, traded someone a vullaby with adamant nature and decent IVs for a shiny Duskull last night, it kicks ass.

Turns out that does nothing, no it's to do with how many people you talk to apparently in the forest, you get points for it and lose points for each day that passes. It also means certain pokemon are related to certain points value. Quite confusing, it's on serrebii, I shall dig out the link when I ain't on my iPod.

Turns out that does nothing, no it's to do with how many people you talk to apparently in the forest, you get points for it and lose points for each day that passes. It also means certain pokemon are related to certain points value. Quite confusing, it's on serrebii, I shall dig out the link when I ain't on my iPod.

No need think this is it.

Yeah that's the one, btw what level does duosion evolve cause I can't be bothered, but I cant find a renenculus.

Edited by Widge

I'm tempted to get rid of my Oshawott and box it, but I've never done this with a starter before.

Edit; Dewott? I don't know what it is just now.

Edited by Smurph

Yes :lol:

Usually did this with the starter, certainly in Red, Gold and SS because Charizard, Venusaur or Typhlosion kick so much ass that they can even take nemeses.

I've completed every game with just this tactic! I chose Tepig this time and by the time I hit the Elite 4 he was Level 66. He was the only Pokemon I'd used throughout the whole game (apart from quickly switching to others to use a Revive if he fainted).

Beat the Elite 4 on my second attempt and then N / Ghetsis on my first attempt :D

I'm getting the rest of them levelled up the now, but didn't have any problems using just Emboar and his previous versions on any of the wild encounters, gym leaders or trainer battles.

Damn it the time spent looking I could have evolved it. Ach well.

Oh and gaz I have a lv. 78 emboar and frankly its the poorest starter final evolved form there is out of the 5generations and it's the best in this game. They really ballsed it up.

Joltik is as I have already said, once evolved in to Galvantula, an incredibly fast pokemon that learns some good moves. It is a good bet, if I was you I would replace Throh with Galvantula. Don't know about the issue of weakness to fire pokemon, but you don't face that many to be honest.

I'll give him a bash. What level does he evolve? I'll find somewhere decent to train it up just now. I'm going to miss Throh's bulk in the team, but my team is gagging for an electric type.