I Have To Say This...

David W

Lazio just turned in one of the worst displays I've ever seen from an Italian side. Middlesbrough SHOULD have netted at least twice the number of goals that they did get (it ended 2-0).

Lazio LITERALLY couldn't get into Middlesbrough's half. The amount of times they gave the ball away on the edge of their own penalty area was ridiculous!!

The morning after and I can't still believe how bad they actually were! They looked as though they couldn't care less, the only time they kept the ball was fannying around at the back in dangerous positions, they were fuckin rank rotten! Not complaining mind you, along with Newcastle, Shalke, Partizan and Besiktas, Boro got my coupon up :D

That is the WORST Lazio team I have ever seen !

Ditto that.

They were f'king shocking! Absolute shite. :D

How the hell did a big team like Lazio get so bad?! :huh:

I mean....they have Palo Di Canio as their centre forward, fuxake!! :lol:

As was said earlier debt has done it. Italian teams pay out fortunes on players, but for most games they wont get their stadiums filled. They are almost all way in debt, and are in big trouble. Lazio were always going to struggle one day, they spent a fortune trying to win the league in the mid90s on, just like Livi did and Gretna will, theyll be paying out more than they can take in, and that only leads to trouble when the money behind the club leaves suddenly.

Lazio were missing a few players though to be fair, but they were absolutely shocking.

At least give Middlesborough some creditthough, they are a cracking team this season.

Just goes to show how far down some big clubs can slip down the pecking order and very quickly at that. (Its happened over here often enough)

I reckon at least one or two Italian teams will go bust in the next couple of years. They seem to be in a worse financial state over there than over here.

Anyone know the latest on Parma? I think they were something like 200 million in debt because their sponsor went bust or something and had a long term loan in place with them or something like that.

The only Italian teams on secure finacial footholds (well the big ones anyway) are Milan, Inter and Juve.

Archived