Arjen Robben

Guest Eric Tait Spurts

Guest Eric Tait Spurts

I reckon this kid is going to be the difference between the Chelsea trophy polisher getting out the Brasso or not this season. As much as I hate to say it. The boy looks very good. So strange that he was at Carrington in January meeting with Fergie, all was looking good for his move to OT until Peter Kenyon couldn’t stump up the extra cash to sign him from PSV… must have been around the same time that Kenyon was talking to Chelsea…. The club who eventually signed Robben…. Hmmmm!

Put Robben and Jaquin in the same side… you got some class there.

Thing is if Chelsea do sign Joaquin then they will have the best wingers in Europe. Robben looks like a belter of a player and will only get better while Joaquin is already the complete winger pretty much. Goodbye Duff for sure then!

Basically if Chelsea sign Joaquin then Duff may as well hand in a transfer request as he will never get ahead of either player for a place in the team. Joaquin will command and no doubt get guaranteed first team action and they have Tiago as cover anyway.

I don't think so, always thought he was a CM but Chelsea are using him wide sometimes. I don'r rate him out on the flanks though through the middle he can be quite decent.

Basically if Chelsea sign Joaquin then Duff may as well hand in a transfer request as he will never get ahead of either player for a place in the team. Joaquin will command and no doubt get guaranteed first team action and they have Tiago as cover anyway.

Over the last couple of weeks Robben and Duff have played together in the same team and been very succesful.

Over the last couple of weeks Robben and Duff have played together in the same team and been very succesful.

Aye but if Joaquin popped up on the scene then Duff would never get a look in.

RE: Robben, cannot believe he is 20. He looks about 40 odd years old. Superb pace and great skill. A real 'winger' who can dazzle defenders with pace and skill and go past them in a flash. Players like Robben, Duff, Joaquin, Giggs and Barry Robson ( :lol: ) are a rare breed indeed and should be enjoyed as much as possible.

He is one hell of a young player. If Chelsea do sign Joaquin then they will have the two best young wingers in world football. However I think they will have competition for Joaquin's signature from a certain small club in Madrid. ;)

Archived