La Liga

Tormod Macleod

I'm quite hopeful that Barca are finally realising their potential this season. They had a marvellous run last year and I thought it my peter out with the loss of Davids. They've made some good and bad signings this year. I don't think Deco has lived up to expectation although he is being played out of position. And although Samuel Eto'o is Spain's top scorer, I don't think he's good enough for a club like Barca. I honestly believe Larsson would have scored as many or even more had he been given the same opportunities.

However, the player who has been head and shoulders above the rest thus far has been Xavi. He is fucking awesome both defending and going forward. He never, ever, ever seems to give the ball away.

Xavi is quite simplyone of the best central midfielders in the world. Him and Deco compliment each other perfectly.

Agree with you to an extent about Eto'o. He has a phenominal reputation but I have never been overly impressed with him, certainly not as a striker. How much was he? 45 million Euros?

I think their best signing has been Guily from Monaco who has added some much needed width to the team.

I agree they've missed Guily recently. You can go right through the team and find some players playing out of their skin. Puyol definitely falls into that category.

I hear a lot of Ronaldinho's lack of goals but they're playing him wide on the left.

The seem to have a complete team at the minute and they are gelling quickly. A strong defence, though not perfect, a very combative and creative midfield and boast some awesome firepower.

Only perhaps Milan, Juve, Madrid and Chelsea can boast similar squads.

I hope Madrid do nothing this season so we can all laugh at them but based on their squad they have a very good first eleven also. Not every team can say that. Juve's team as well as Milan's is frightening.

Simple - in Europe and away from home Milan are generally gash. It worked in Depor's favour last year when Milan were 4 -1 up.

First off, Depor could easily avenge a three goal deficit but more importantly Milan thought they could simply sit back and win it by defending - a trademark mistake of Italian teams.

They paid for it big time. Some signings this summer strengthen the team without adding too much flair - eg Stam and Dhorasso.

Just been on the Milan site and the only major changes I could see was that Crespo, Stam and Dhorasso had all arrived with Serghino being the most notable departure.

Shame, I liked the guy a lot.

Strange, no mention of him in the Milan squad pages. Good to hear that he is still there. Crespo probably was the biggest name signed in the summer - certainly the only real attacker anyway.

Juve have added superbly to their squad - Cannavaro for £3 million? Bargain! - and Inter's team doesn't look to shabby but maybe a bit unproven at certain levels.

Barcelona will go far in the CL along with the biggest of the big Italian teams.

i think la liga will be a lot more straight forward this season than it has been in recent years, Barca will win it, of that there is no doubt.

I think this season could be a good year for the 'semi-decent' teams such as Sevilla, Villareal, Betis and Atletico Madrid. Valencia and Depor look shaky at the moment and With Barca and Real expected to finish in the top 2, i reckon at least one of these teams could get a champs league place.

I for one hope that it's Sevilla!! :D

Well there Midfeild is simply one of the best in the World.

Xavi Deco Guily

Ronaldinho

and the wingers???

them 4 players rip the pish out the rest of Spain, and now with Henrik up-front :rolleyes:

Archived