Coffee Geek?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally bought a packet of High Voltage. Looking forward to getting tucked into a brew with a bacon croissant soon.

Also bought Sainsbury's "Taste the Difference" Kopakama Ejo Heza fair-trade ground coffee by accident. I thought it was freeze-dried stuff for my mum but at the self-service realised it wasn't. Was meant to be £3.50 but for some reason went through the check-out at 50p, so I bought four tins of it. Doesn't matter if it's shite or not, but 1KG of ground coffee for £2 isn't a bad deal at all.

I've been using a V60 filter a lot recently. Used to prefer espresso based coffee but now starting to enjoy the V60 stuff more. Helps that it is a lot easier and tidier than messing about with an espresso machine.

I've been using a V60 filter a lot recently. Used to prefer espresso based coffee but now starting to enjoy the V60 stuff more. Helps that it is a lot easier and tidier than messing about with an espresso machine.

I wasn't sure about mine at first and some of the wanky videos on YouTube put me off.

Now I've got a coffee I like and know how I like it,I love it.

I wasn't sure about mine at first and some of the wanky videos on YouTube put me off.

Now I've got a coffee I like and know how I like it,I love it.

It was first introduced to me by someone who I think takes coffee too seriously. She's one of these people who will talk at length about the taste difference between a long black and an Americano, which can be a bit too geeky for me, but I have to say she came out vindicated with this recommendation.

Just to add she's a lovely person and in every sense other than being too geeky about coffee she is wonderful.

For any Glasgow dwellers, have started recently getting coffee from Riverhill Cafe on Gordon St. Only place that's rivalled it's cappuccinos is Sonny & Vito. Really damn good.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived