Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I turned down a scale and polish at the dentist's today.

I hate getting it done and when she said my teeth could do with one, I asked if it was possible to get rid of the plaque myself by brushing. Luckily she said this time, maybe but if I go back in 6 months and it still needs done, she'll do it. So I'm quite happy.

I did go about 8 years without seeing a dentist and got a clean bill of health the first time I went to my current one, so I don't think 6 months will be too much of a problem!

Edited by The Master

Cushtie gig that for Howard Webb and Martin Atkinson.

Who wins?

I see Japan are top of the 'table'

In 2005, 2000 and 1999, it was shared by two teams, so I'd assume it's shared by all three.

Yay! Everyone's a winner.

Just bought 3 out of the 7 technical manuals that I require to read for my surveying / engineering course. Can't decide whether I'm happy to have started getting on with it or annoyed that I've just spent a fortune and now need to read the fucking things.

Is it just me who finds it tragic that ScotRail have produced a leaflet telling people what to do if the train they're on is longer than the platform?

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/documents/Longer_trains_flyer_-_FINAL_for_web.pdf

Nothing tragic, a new type of longer electric train. People is Scotland are used to trains fitting platforms. First time for selective door opening.

Is it just me who finds it tragic that ScotRail have produced a leaflet telling people what to do if the train they're on is longer than the platform?

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/sites/default/files/documents/Longer_trains_flyer_-_FINAL_for_web.pdf

If you take into consideration the platforms they're stopping at and the passengers that will stay in these areas I think you can justify the need to teach them how to safely exit a train. Money well spent IMO.

Nothing tragic, a new type of longer electric train. People is Scotland are used to trains fitting platforms. First time for selective door opening.

This'll be about those new ones on the Ayrshire/Gourock line I take it? Grand Central trains back to Yorkshire from London send staff through the train at Pontefract to get you up to the front 4 coaches, platform is too short for the train. I think Barassie can only fit in 6 coaches and there's now 7 coach sets going about.

They announce that on the trains too.

I understand them announcing it on the train, but all it needs is "This train will be longer than the platform; if you're in the rear x carriages, please make your way forward".

Do people really need a leaflet with diagrams that shows them what to do?

I understand them announcing it on the train, but all it needs is "This train will be longer than the platform; if you're in the rear x carriages, please make your way forward".

In these days of ambulance chasing lawyers, I'd say yes.

Yup especially mums with buggies and anyone disabled as passage between carriages is narrow and would be stuck.

I've just spent a couple of minutes trying to find a pair of pj bottoms I put on my bed and I already had them on. :(

Getting older every day really is a bitch, I forget things as well and I'm only 18. Doesn't bode well. :unsure:

I've just spent a couple of minutes trying to find a pair of pj bottoms I put on my bed and I already had them on. :(

You're not alone. I've walked into my kitchen a couple of times today and forgotten why I was there. One time when I walked in, I realised it was actually the bathroom I'd gotten up for and had to walk back out again.

Guest The Phoenix

You're not alone. I've walked into my kitchen a couple of times today and forgotten why I was there. One time when I walked in, I realised it was actually the bathroom I'd gotten up for and had to walk back out again.

At least you remember to get up to go to the bathroom. :(

Does it tell you what to do if a chap In a sheep suit gets set alight, more importantly?

I do that a lot. I get up to go to a room, then arrive, get very briefly distracted and forget why I was there, leave and then realise 20 minutes later why I'd left the original room in the first place.

I do that a lot. I get up to go to a room, then arrive, get very briefly distracted and forget why I was there, leave and then realise 20 minutes later why I'd left the original room in the first place.

I think most people get that but to forget you had put on your pj's then try to find them was just plain bizarre.

When I woke up this morning the first thing I checked was that I still had them on :lol:

I think most people get that but to forget you had put on your pj's then try to find them was just plain bizarre.

When I woke up this morning the first thing I checked was that I still had them on :lol:

I once spent an hour looking for my glasses because I couldn't find them and I needed to wear them whilst driving. I was wearing them.