Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Of all the sports to watch on television golf must be the most pointless.

You don't even follow the same player shot for shot so it's not as though you see tactical development of their round. You just see a swing, a camera-shot of the ball against some clouds, then another showing it thudding against the ground and rolling to a stop.

People criticise those who watch cricket, but at least that has constant action of sorts and can produce some sort of instant drama. The same is true of snooker. But GOLF? Why? What is remotely appealing about that?

In snooker and golf every hit counts. In cricket (and more so in baseball) they constantly throw balls and nae c**t hits the fucking thing most of the time.

Maybe it would be more exciting if the golfing partner took to the fairway and tried to catch it in one?

Edited by Hedgecutter

You don't even follow the same player shot for shot so it's not as though you see tactical development of their round. You just see a swing, a camera-shot of the ball against some clouds, then another showing it thudding against the ground and rolling to a stop.

People criticise those who watch cricket, but at least that has constant action of sorts and can produce some sort of instant drama. The same is true of snooker. But GOLF? Why? What is remotely appealing about that?

Actually, you're more than able to watch a select group go round the entire course .

Edited by McKee

Guest The Phoenix

Stick to politics, at least you can pretend you know something about that.

High class wine bottle opening: Wrap it in a dishcloth and smash it off your cast iron bath a few times, then drive a serrated blade knife into the cork. Turn until the wine corks itself and the knife goes straight through your thumb. Time to buy a corkscrew I think.

Guest The Phoenix

Working this morning (just arrived) and the place is all locked up. Not a good start to the day, especially when bursting for a jobbie :(

That's Grangemouth for you.

Working this morning (just arrived) and the place is all locked up. Not a good start to the day, especially when bursting for a jobbie :(

Saving your jobbies for the work toilet to save on toilet roll was always a risky game to play.

High class wine bottle opening: Wrap it in a dishcloth and smash it off your cast iron bath a few times, then drive a serrated blade knife into the cork. Turn until the wine corks itself and the knife goes straight through your thumb. Time to buy a corkscrew I think.

If the wine is corked it will have nothing to do with your convoluted opening process. Corking is where the wine has reacted with the cork and gone bad - how you take the cork out would have no effect as the wine will already be off.

Made a day of it yesterday and spent my Sunday in the pub. I still managed to sober myself up perfectly to drive into work at 20 past 6 this morning.

Only downside (other than the fact I'm working and tired of course) is I'm dropping the most pungent F-bombs that I didn't even think I was capable of. I can't even stand my own smell.

If the wine is corked it will have nothing to do with your convoluted opening process. Corking is where the wine has reacted with the cork and gone bad - how you take the cork out would have no effect as the wine will already be off.

I assume that he meant the cork has dropped into the bottle.