Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

23 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I remember listening to Jeremy Vine a few years back when they were discussing the whole diet industry. A pro rugby player phoned in who according to all the BMI charts was clinically obese, but when they did the test that measures body fat by measuring the electrical resistance of your body, he was well below the recommended level of fat for an athlete his shape and size.

I'm not quite a pro rugby player but at a recent medical the nurse, who was roughly the same shape as a dog kennel, told me I was too heavy. A normal week for me will include a couple of boxing sessions, a 10k run, squash and four or five gym sessions (get a life Shandon Par). My weight hasn't really changed for a few years but I used to be XL or at best large in tops, whereas the biggest thing I have these days is a medium.  

I'm not quite a pro rugby player but at a recent medical the nurse, who was roughly the same shape as a dog kennel, told me I was too heavy. A normal week for me will include a couple of boxing sessions, a 10k run, squash and four or five gym sessions (get a life Shandon Par). My weight hasn't really changed for a few years but I used to be XL or at best large in tops, whereas the biggest thing I have these days is a medium.  

Shandon - king of style

1474982176577.jpg.89f6500ed92aa4584dec2d

1 hour ago, bob the tank said:

Shandon - king of style

1474982176577.jpg

Of the 4 items of clothing I'm wearing today (shoes, pants, jeans, top), two of them are Pretty Green (and none are a sleeping bag type contraption as you show above). I had no idea it was Liam Gallagher's brand until reading it on here. My mum always says "oh, it's Liam Gallagher" when I visit her. Have any other P&B'ers been subliminally influenced in such a manner? 

Anyway, like our good friend Throbber, I'm trying to lose a few pounds so have took to going to the gym on my days off. I find it  to be thirsty work so after two hours in the gym I'm now in the pub having a pint. I can see there being a flaw in my plan here.

22 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Anyway, like our good friend Throbber, I'm trying to lose a few pounds so have took to going to the gym on my days off. I find it  to be thirsty work so after two hours in the gym I'm now in the pub having a pint. I can see there being a flaw in my plan here.

Take something less alcoholic in your gym bag - maybe a Yazoo or some protein drink. Fills you up and stops that thirst that can only be quenched by beer. 

Me Sister (elder one) & her hubby are holidaying in St Andrews & decided to come to Edinburgh for the afternoon. Our Robin is a massive Ian Rankin fan, so we went to the Oxford bar, I told him it's a myth that Rankin drinks in there. Well blow me down with a feather the c**t is only stood at the bar wi a pint in hand. Our Robin is grinning like a wee kid, he went & shook his hand but refused to have me snap them together. 

Grimbo

You could be onto something there Zen. I'd get on Dragons Den before that c**t Bannatyne steals your idea.

Thon boy Bannatyne is on dragons den though (or was). You'll go on, tell him your good idea then nobody will invest, you'll not make the edit and soon enough the p***ks overpriced health clubs will cater for the exercising alkies.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I'm going to be good through the week with what I eat and don't consume any alcohol then drink Saturday and Sunday's after I have been for a swim/run. Might cut down to 4 beers each day and then have a night cap of whisky before my bed.

You'll wither away lad. That sounds the consumption of a lightweight. :P

23 hours ago, Grim O'Grady said:

Me Sister (elder one) & her hubby are holidaying in St Andrews & decided to come to Edinburgh for the afternoon. Our Robin is a massive Ian Rankin fan, so we went to the Oxford bar, I told him it's a myth that Rankin drinks in there. Well blow me down with a feather the c**t is only stood at the bar wi a pint in hand. Our Robin is grinning like a wee kid, he went & shook his hand but refused to have me snap them together. 

Grimbo

Heard that Rankin's new book is about a murderer who kills his victims by burning their houses down then scrounging money for holidays in the aftermath.