Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Its really not - i don't condone people having a cup of coffee to take around a supermarket but i understand people who say they can't function without a coffee.

It's more likely an addiction to caffeine they are suffering from and nothing to do with not being able to function without a coffee. So, pish.

6 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

Coffee isn't particularly good for you though is it? Last time I drunk it was when I was doing a couple of short-notice nightshifts last summer. Apart from that I never have it.

Coffee in the morning is the only thing that makes being conscious bearable. It's rubbish for keeping you going overnight though, loads of water is the only effective thing for that.

Coffee in the morning is the only thing that makes being conscious bearable. It's rubbish for keeping you going overnight though, loads of water is the only effective thing for that.

I actually only had one cup before I started the shifts, then had water throughout the shift.

9 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Stayed up to watch the end of the golf last night so got to bed about half 12, my missus has the cold and snored like a banshee all night so I got about an hours sleep in 10 minutes spells. Up at 6 for work and I'm currently sitting in the office like a zombie. I had  £5 on Garcia so that softened the blow but feel my productivity will be at an all time low all day today.

Not sure how I'm going to cope once we have a baby, think I'll need to quit my job and be a stay at home dad just for the naps.

I knew banshees were famous for their screaming, but not so much for snoring.

I don't think I could be capable of doing nightshifts because I'm so used to my routines and I get genuinely distressed being up and about at times when I should be asleep. Had lots to do at uni recently and did a couple of all nighters and was so depressed and unhappy by the end of it it was like coming down on drugs.

You don't stay away during the day when you work nightshift. You were unhappy because you hadn't slept and you were depressed because you're you.

I've got so used to shift work that I don't feel I've got a normal bed time or normal waking time. Haven't done nights in a while though to be fair. Shift work with a baby means I sometimes have days where I've had hardly any sleep followed by days where I'm getting loads. As long as I know I'm going to have a chance to catch up on sleep I'm ok with it. As it stands I'm going to get a lie in on Wednesday so lack of sleep today and tomorrow is ok.

red bull

That's going to cause you more bad than good tbf.
I've done the shifts for 15 years and wouldn't say I am used to them. The pros (more money and an almost empty factory before 8am and after 4.30pm) definitely outweigh the cons though.