Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

35 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I've got so used to shift work that I don't feel I've got a normal bed time or normal waking time. Haven't done nights in a while though to be fair. Shift work with a baby means I sometimes have days where I've had hardly any sleep followed by days where I'm getting loads. As long as I know I'm going to have a chance to catch up on sleep I'm ok with it. As it stands I'm going to get a lie in on Wednesday so lack of sleep today and tomorrow is ok.

Have you got a baby, I wish you'd said something about it.

How do you overbook a flight anyway? Surely they know in advance how many seats there are and once that number are booked you stop selling them?

I read somewhere that it's quite common for airlines to oversell flights, as they know that out of 200 or however many folk, a certain number won't turn up or business travellers will change to a different flight at the last minute. When they end up with everyone turning up they have to offer incentives to get folk to give up their seat. Guess it must be more profitable for them to operate like that.

1 minute ago, resk said:

I read somewhere that it's quite common for airlines to oversell flights, as they know that out of 200 or however many folk, a certain number won't turn up or business travellers will change to a different flight at the last minute. When they end up with everyone turning up they have to offer incentives to get folk to give up their seat. Guess it must be more profitable for them to operate like that.

Aye, a burst fucking lip.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

In case anyone missed this reference, this is the aforementioned demonstration

About one minute in an absolute solid boot to the face for one of the Rangers casuals. 

Great video. :lol: A little bit of battering on the Mile and then taken down Niddrie Street for a pummelling. 

Just had a pot noodle for the first time in forever, f**k me I can't believe I used to see them as a treat in my teens, bogging. Bombay bad boy one too and could barely taste it due to the water being ridiculously hot and spicey. Rubbery noodles and veg.

Know I'm hardly a food connoisseur but surely if you're over 16 and like these things then you're a jakey.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Just imagine being on a routine internal flight and then armed security guards coming in there and removing you by force because the airline company fucked up. I would refuse to leave as well, I'd be absolutely raging.

I got bumped from a flight on route to a training course once. Absolutely delighted because it meant a night in Paris in a nice hotel and missed the first day of the course which is always boring. And HR got the blame for booking the ticket.

Different for most people though who actually want to get to their destination and have paid for it themselves.

Absolutely, I'm amazed it was even legal. If I was another passenger I would have said "Leave him alone, I'll do it for $2,000 and a first class upgrade tomorrow, a really nice hotel and a Michelin starred restaurant." Would have saved United a fortune.

Yeah that's better. To eat healthy you need to put in the effort and as I have mentioned I have been busy with uni work and eating and drinking shite to get through it and now feel fat and disgusting.

Cous cous is really easy throbber, and better than I thought it'd be. Chuck in boiling water, bit of a stir, leave for 5 mins.

I know, what an absolute disgraceful way to treat someone. Nothing surprises me anymore though!

Bit disappointing that nobody offered to take his place though. Like in WW2 films or French Revolution ones where someone swaps identities for the guillotine. Americans have no souls.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

How can you overbook a flight anyway?

You assume that on average a certain number of people will be no shows, for whatever reason. Risky, but usually profitable, so it's worth trying to screw them for every penny you can get if they try to bump you, because they'll still be quids in.