Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I probably won't be drinking again until 11th June (first game of the WC)

I'm not going to set a date to aim for, or even stop drinking altogether, but I intend on cutting way back in the next couple of weeks/months in order to save up some dosh.

You still up for a WC sticker album?

For about 8 months after my socks have been through the washing machine, I've just piled them in neat pairs. When at home, mum always put them into those wee bundles but I never knew how to do it and was ashamed to ask anyone.

..but on the other thread, you were happily laying into a 14 year old who didn't have the money to replace his broken school bag?

..but on the other thread, you were happily laying into a 14 year old who didn't have the money to replace his broken school bag?

C'mon, you should realise by now he's from the "Do as I say, not do as I do" school of thought!rolleyes.gif

Not knowing how to bundle socks doesn't have quite the same gravity of outcome as not a) looking after a schoolbag properly so it lasts at least 3-4 years b) not being able to think up a simple way of closing a bag with a piece of string to stop the stuff from falling out.

Besides, it's fun to laugh at poor people :rolleyes:

Correct. But I think you can say "shite" without having to put censor-dodgers in.

It only exists to bet on, which in itself isn't bad, but if you want to waste your money on rubbish then at least do it on the dugs where the races are at least short and exciting.

It only exists to bet on, which in itself isn't bad, but if you want to waste your money on rubbish then at least do it on the dugs where the races are at least short and exciting.

The dogs are pish. I always feel they are far too easy to fi. You also rarely get winners @ 20s+. Its not for everyone but it can certainly be exciting, a day at the races is a cracking day out.

The dogs are pish. I always feel they are far too easy to fi. You also rarely get winners @ 20s+. Its not for everyone but it can certainly be exciting, a day at the races is a cracking day out.

It just seems pointless to me though. It's got to be one of the most expensive days out to have, betting and drinking, being so drunk you bet more than you should on something that you know nothing about, lose, drink more to drown your sorrows and place bigger bets to recoup your losses thanks to the new found confidence from drunkenness.

Or maybe that says more about my personality than anyone else's, I'm not sure.

I'd enjoy going to the races, having a good few drinks, placing a few bets and cheering my horses on, just as I enjoy doing similar at the dugs. My main gripe is that people continually bet on it thinking they are in the know and that such and such is good value. 95% of people who regularly bet on horses just get the same info from the Racing Post. It would be good to watch it in the flesh, but sitting in a bookies or in the house watching it on TV seems a bit boring, especially in the smaller races.

It just seems pointless to me though. It's got to be one of the most expensive days out to have, betting and drinking, being so drunk you bet more than you should on something that you know nothing about, lose, drink more to drown your sorrows and place bigger bets to recoup your losses thanks to the new found confidence from drunkenness.

Im not really a gambler so i rarely spend more than £20 on the orses, the bev is expensive though, as you say.

I'd enjoy going to the races, having a good few drinks, placing a few bets and cheering my horses on, just as I enjoy doing similar at the dugs. My main gripe is that people continually bet on it thinking they are in the know and that such and such is good value. 95% of people who regularly bet on horses just get the same info from the Racing Post. It would be good to watch it in the flesh, but sitting in a bookies or in the house watching it on TV seems a bit boring, especially in the smaller races.

Dont get me wrong i completely agree with what you are saying. The amount of times one of my pals will read whatever the Times are tipping and tell me its a stick on. The one and only time his tip comes up i hear the 'i told you to back it, 12/1 was an absolute steal, bloody told you'. Aye ok pal.

I know very little about horse racing an only bet on it now and then.

i hardly ever drink at the races,its usually the once or twice a year folk that do that,i genuinely enjoy the racing especially the jumps

post-20107-12690356672719_thumb.jpg

I just won the lottery! :D

This isn't a RTBC, though, as it's quite odd why they sent it to me in an e-mail. I've also never put on a lottery ticket, so that part confuses me too. They also sent me two e-mails, containing the exact same wording. Does this mean I'm entitled to £2,000,000?

Really, why do people go out and send these things? Please don't tell me there's actually people that believe that they have won the lottery!