Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Bottles of wine that cost under 4 quid are disgusting, i used to kid myself saying they were alright but they're just not. 4 pound is the threshold for wine that isn't disgusting IMO

Almost as bad as a £1/2 pint served in a plastic cup

Bottles of wine that cost under 4 quid are disgusting, i used to kid myself saying they were alright but they're just not. 4 pound is the threshold for wine that isn't disgusting IMO

Bung it in the fridge for a while and it's ok, even the red. If it's still disgusting add a dash of lemonade. I'm a bit of a wine buff.

Are you sure it's not 300/400 characters? :unsure:

It turns out it is indeed characters! I've nearly finished it and have loads of material so will have to edit the answers. I feel I have some rather fantastic answers and have at times stopped just short of saying how great and experienced I am.

Just hope Poundland feel the same way!

If I'm unsuccessful then at least I have a lot of material for future applications (I always write the answers on a Word document first).

Bung it in the fridge for a while and it's ok, even the red. If it's still disgusting add a dash of lemonade. I'm a bit of a wine buff.

No way i don't chill my red wine! Im a wine buff too to some extent but just think the under 4 pound bottles are horrible - the different 50 p makes for a bottle of wine is staggering

No way i don't chill my red wine! Im a wine buff too to some extent but just think the under 4 pound bottles are horrible - the different 50 p makes for a bottle of wine is staggering

Nothing wrong with chilling some of the lighter reds some Pinot Noir, Lambrusco, Sancerre or even Zinfandel are sometimes enhanced with time spent in the cooler.

Nothing wrong with chilling some of the lighter reds some Pinot Noir, Lambrusco, Sancerre or even Zinfandel are sometimes enhanced with time spent in the cooler.

Maybe its more common practice in australia :thumsup2

Maybe its more common practice in australia :thumsup2

It's not something I'd do a lot but really some are Ok chilling a tad, only the lighter reds and especially at lunch time on a hit summer's day. However, never ever put ice cubes in any wine!

It's not something I'd do a lot but really some are Ok chilling a tad, only the lighter reds and especially at lunch time on a hit summer's day. However, never ever put ice cubes in any wine!

That would be most unwise! The weather doesn't get hot enough here to really need to chill the wine, white wine or rose is probably nicer on a hot day i used to drink that more than red when i was in oz! Nowadays red is my fav by some distance but its quite fattening and gives me a bit of heart burn

That would be most unwise! The weather doesn't get hot enough here to really need to chill the wine, white wine or rose is probably nicer on a hot day i used to drink that more than red when i was in oz! Nowadays red is my fav by some distance but its quite fattening and gives me a bit of heart burn

The fattening component of red wine is more aligned what you might be scoffing at the same time or the beer chasers pre/during/post .... though have to have to admit heart burn and headaches more likely with red, especially with shiraz and more so if a lunchtime session. Just finished a bottle of this which would never consider putting anywhere near a fridge. Highly recommend it if you can track it down over there.

https://www.1stchoice.com.au/red%20wine/henschke-henry-s-seven-750ml_531337?

The fattening component of red wine is more aligned what you might be scoffing at the same time or the beer chasers pre/during/post .... though have to have to admit heart burn and headaches more likely with red, especially with shiraz and more so if a lunchtime session. Just finished a bottle of this which would never consider putting anywhere near a fridge. Highly recommend it if you can track it down over there.

https://www.1stchoice.com.au/red%20wine/henschke-henry-s-seven-750ml_531337?

Years of relatively poor diet and drink/caffeine bring on the heart burn easy for me, i think white and rose actually is worse than red, cider is the worst for it as its citrusy and alcohol combined :(

My ideal night in would be a bottle red and about 4 beers - i don't eat and drink at same time, when I'm out for a meal i would rather have a bit wine before meal and most of it after and drink water to wash it down

I used to drink red out there that had a kangaroo on it, was orange writing on it i think but can't remember name - was about 4 dollars there but about 7 quid out here, drink it occasionally and it brings me back to oz :)

Years of relatively poor diet and drink/caffeine bring on the heart burn easy for me, i think white and rose actually is worse than red, cider is the worst for it as its citrusy and alcohol combined :(

My ideal night in would be a bottle red and about 4 beers - i don't eat and drink at same time, when I'm out for a meal i would rather have a bit wine before meal and most of it after and drink water to wash it down

I used to drink red out there that had a kangaroo on it, was orange writing on it i think but can't remember name - was about 4 dollars there but about 7 quid out here, drink it occasionally and it brings me back to oz :)

Sounds like Yellow Tail around $6-8 a bootle depending on what colour and label they slap over it. Also works as a good paint stripper. Wine is OK to drink before during or after food, although maybe not after the pub with a mealie pudden supper.