Procycling thread

myshkin

Belgian cyclist taken to hospital having suffered a heart attack in the Criterium International, according to SSN!

It was Daan Myngheer and he has died in hospital after suffering the heart attack in the ambulance after he pulled up during the race.

I didn't see Antonie crash and I probably won't want to, but so terrible, rest in peace.

Just last week, I watched an older monument (don't remember which one, I was on a binge of watching many different ones), where two neutral cars crashed into riders in the same race. They must seriously re-think safety.

Also, different opera, but was it last year's Giro when a spectator rode a bicycle into the peloton and crashed a bunch of riders. Can this security prevent a terror attack? Peloton just looks like a very vulnerable target.

Didn't see any of Gent - Wevelgem as couldn't find it covered on Eurosport, the self-proclaimed home of cycling.

Neither was it on Sky, scandalous for one of the top classics to have been overlooked.

It was on this thing called the bike channel - http://www.bikechannel.co.uk/programmes/gent-wevelgem/

That's a couple of races been on the Bike channel recently. Either Kurne-Brussels-Kurne or Omloop Het Nieuwsblad were as well.

There's the occasional other worth watching show on it too. You get it with Virgin as well.

That's a couple of races been on the Bike channel recently. Either Kurne-Brussels-Kurne or Omloop Het Nieuwsblad were as well.

There's the occasional other worth watching show on it too. You get it with Virgin as well.

Romandie & Trentino are just two of the races coming up on Bike.

Top win for Sagan, could he do Roubaix next week? He's certainly the form man.

Edited by kiddy

Paris Roubaix today was superb. Hayman wins and looked genuinely shocked at the end. 800-1 shot apparently.

That he outsmarted & outsprinted 4 time winner Tom Boonen, certainly was a surprise for a guy to win it in his late 30s.

I was rooting for Boonen at the end, only because it would've been a record. But good for Hayman. Boonen allowed himself to get boxed in and had nowhere to go, unusual for a great sprinter. He choked it away. I'm sure he was kicking himself after that.