Procycling thread

myshkin

Fair enjoyed the 3rd stage of Paris-Nice yesterday. The addition of the F1 track to the course made for good viewing with the couple of 180 degree turns.

Tirreno Adriatico looks to be a good one this year. Michal Kwiatkowski is going well so far this season. OPQS have a real decent roster this year.

Taken John Degenkolb to win Paris-Roubaix at 50/1 and Marcel Kittel to win the green jersey at 8/1 so far.

Shame for Geraint Thomas, looked a sare yin hitting that barrier. Race over, but one well to make the finish line. Thought he'd broken something at first.

Edited by kiddy

Why doesn't Contador just FRO? His win in TA, the day before yesterday was just outrageous. Having blown away Quintana on the second last climb, the stage finished with 25-30% incline, with riders zigzagging all over the road. Having taken the lead, a rider from Giant was just pegging him back, when he took off like a complete rocket.

I had sympathy for him at the time of his ban & his form last season suggested, whilst a top rider, he wasn't guaranteed to get everything his own way. However this latest display wasn't far off that of Horner's in last year's Vuelta.

Edited by kiddy

Cav beginning to look like yesterday's man. Outgunned in a sprint finish, as soon as you saw him plant his backside on the seat you knew he didn't have it today. Surprising, as he seemed to get an armchair ride to the final straight. Good win for Kristoff, & Katusha, considering Sagan, Griepel, Degenkolb & Gilbert were nowhere.
Too many young guns starting to come through.

Edited by kiddy

Geriant Thomas looked good today but was never going to beat Sagan in a sprint. Thought he had to attack on the back of the omega pair launching attacks, but after all the work to get into that position probably had nothing left.

• 2 weeks later...

So, who can beat Cancellara today?

I'm thinking someone from OmegaPharma - Quick-step can do something... you can argue the case for a number of their squad. Boonen's been there or thereabouts in most of the other classics, winning K-B-K. Terpstra and Vandenbergh will both have to go long as I''d fancy Spartacus to beat them in a sprint. Stybar has so much power - his clinching of the cyclocross worlds title in January was awesome - he could be a good shout.

I don't think Sagan will be in the final group.

Vanmarke was outsmarted in the velodrome last year but I'd fancy him to be up there again.
If Van Avermaet makes the final group, he won't win!
Edited by cmontheloknow

Good win for Terpstra. Think everyone was waiting on Cancellara shutting the attack down & he didnt.

OPQS had options at the end & Sky's pairing had nowt left.

Edited by kiddy