Procycling thread

myshkin

Good win for the form sprinter. It's been noticeable that Cavendish's star is on the wain. Second only to Kittel, last year, he's only been a top 5 sprinter this year.

Edited by kiddy

Good win for the form sprinter. It's been noticeable that Cavendish's star is on the wain. Second only to Kittel, last year, he's only been a top 5 sprinter this year.

Cavendish crashed on the first stage last year. Kristoff was Kittel's main challenger last year but he's been off form recently. Kittel only performs very flat stages and gets dropped on even moderate climbs. He's had a terrible 2015.

Greipel, unlike Cavendish, has had superb support from his team mates. It's possible that Cavendish could concentrate on the Giro, the Vuelta and a few Spring classics.

i'm already developing a deep loathing for team sky.

the assumption that track success will just transfer to the road does my head in. team gb is succesful on the track because they have by far the most money and the best cyclists from other countries all concentrate on being pro road riders. aprt from hoy and pendelton the british track team seemed like an arrogant bunch of p***ks, if team sky take that attitude into the peloton they'll have an uncomfortable year.

there was a bit in one of the papers with brailsford banging on about how their high tech bus, lightweight bike paint and kit and other techinical nonsense was going to give them a competitive edge. if the guy thinks mood lighting and sports psychology is what you need to compete with contador, schleck, valverde, sanchez, hushozd, cavendish, cancellara ect then he's in for a big shock.

Couldn't agree with you more on the team Sky point. Their assumption that they just have to turn up to win seems more than a bit simplistic for me. The whole basis for the confidence seems to be that Brad Wiggins had a good le Tour last season. I recall Ramondas Rumsas having a good tour one year and look what happened to him. The fact that Cav wouldn't leave Columbia to join them speaks volumes.

To all the anti British, drug conspiracy theorists on this thread. Get it right up yeas.

_84497491_sky_epa.jpg

3 in 4 years.

And well done to Lizzie as well today.

Quintana will have plenty more chances but hard to imagine a Tour that's more suited to him.

Are TT's being neglected permanently or was this a one off?

Saying that, they don't seem to have figured much at all since Wiggins victory.

Quintana will have plenty more chances but hard to imagine a Tour that's more suited to him.

Are TT's being neglected permanently or was this a one off?

Saying that, they don't seem to have figured much at all since Wiggins victory.

There hasn't been a consistent pattern for time trials in the TdF in recent years. I had expected Froome to do better in this year's ITT, around 50 seconds behind Tony Martin.

2012 was different as the parcours was not so tough, especially in the mountains, due to the Olympics being about a week later. Wiggins had one chance to win it and took it.

At the end of the day, if Quintana had been able to stick to the front group on stage 2 he'd have won it.

To immediately assume that Froome is doping isn't exactly taking in all the facts.

Such as...?

Actually, a lot of the problem is that if you hint Sky might be doping, people assume you think that only Sky might be doping. This is very definitely not the case.

Never mind bikes with motors in them!

Motors are an obvious problem as they are easy to hide. Take a look at the Youtube vidos on Hesjedal at last year's Vuelta. The UCI has introduced more tests and penalties this year. The bikes of the WT teams have been scrutinised over the last few weeks. So what are you suggesting

Edited by Bishop Briggs

For what it's worth, I'm not actually a Froome fan. I think he's dull as dishwater.

I'm also not "naive" enough to think that no one's doping now. I just enjoy watching a bike race. If I spent the whole 3 weeks ripping it apart and assuming the whole lot was solely down to drug use, then I wouldn't enjoy watching any of it.

To all the anti British, drug conspiracy theorists on this thread. Get it right up yeas.

_84497491_sky_epa.jpg

3 in 4 years.

And well done to Lizzie as well today.

Good first post in the thread. Welcome further insightful delights.

Since you seem so knowledgeable, perhaps you can explain the performance of Alexandro Valverde who finished on the podium quite some time behind Froome?

A convicted cheat. Now riding better than ever, and peaking for the Classics and Tour. Also seems to have made a lot of people forget he was at the centre of the Puerto revelations years back.

Edited by Desert Nomad