Procycling thread

myshkin

Quickstep will not need help on Sunday.  They will not be riding hard in tomorrow's time trial to conserve energy for Paris.
The final stage is flat, short and much easier to control.  it would be fantastic for Cav to break Merckx's record on the Champs Elysees.
It's all about leading Morkov & Cav, to the corner off the Place de la Concorde, first then letting them go.

Insightful of ITV4 to mention the UAE management team connections, to the Saunier Duval team ejected from the tour in 2008.

Worth a google, amazing the name's it throws up. Gianneti, Fernandez, Ricco, Piepoli, Cobo!

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/saunier-duval-withdraw-from-tour-de-france-after-ricco-fails-doping-test-6885362.html

Edited by kiddy

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Andre Greipel has announced that he will retire at the end of the season.

He's had an excellent career. Hope he will stay in the sport.

Will Froome announce his retirement tomorrow?

I see the finish line is 300m further up the boulevard today. Could have an impact on the sprint to the line as it seems to be on the incline!

Favouring the likes of WVA as opposed to Cav?

I see the finish line is 300m further up the boulevard today. Could have an impact on the sprint to the line as it seems to be on the incline!
Favouring the likes of WVA as opposed to Cav?

It could. But I think DQS will have targeted this since Cav matched the record of Merckx. I know Asgreen went full gas yesterday but I think they'll be all in for this today. Colbrelli is another who the draggy finish will suit.

Cav had position on Van Aert, & the gap available at 150m to go, as Mike Teunissen pulled right, but missed the chance; as Philipsen came round Teunissen & closed the gap off.

Ultimately, WVA had the power over the longer finishing straight, that found Cav having to check his run with nowhere to go. Looked very pissed at not breaking the record today.

Big Wout's an absolute freak of nature man. A tremendous athlete. 
He was meant to be on a flight to Tokyo last night. Can't see him winning Olympic Gold, with MVdP & Remco already out there acclimatising already. Without a GT in their legs.

van Aert winning 3 stages all differing in the type is very impressive. Turned out to be one of the more successful grand tours for Jumbo-Visma, despite Roglic crashing out, between van Aert, Kuss & Vingegaard. 

I see Roglic is going to the Vuelta. Pogacar isn't - UAE have said he will do 2 grand tours next year, presumably the Tour & the Vuelta. Ineos look to be employing same tactics as at the Tour with dual leadership between Bernal and Yates. Let's hope they can make a better attempt at it and challenge Roglic.

35 minutes ago, kiddy said:
17 hours ago, well fan for life said:
Big Wout's an absolute freak of nature man. A tremendous athlete. 

He was meant to be on a flight to Tokyo last night. Can't see him winning Olympic Gold, with MVdP & Remco already out there acclimatising already. Without a GT in their legs.

I think van der Poel is only participating in the mountain bike race at the olympics.

van Aert winning 3 stages all differing in the type is very impressive. Turned out to be one of the more successful grand tours for Jumbo-Visma, despite Roglic crashing out, between van Aert, Kuss & Vingegaard. 
I see Roglic is going to the Vuelta. Pogacar isn't - UAE have said he will do 2 grand tours next year, presumably the Tour & the Vuelta. Ineos look to be employing same tactics as at the Tour with dual leadership between Bernal and Yates. Let's hope they can make a better attempt at it and challenge Roglic.
They'd better concentrate on the time bonuses Roglic clocks up. As you can go round the course faster, yet still come out second. As Carapaz found to his cost last year.