Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Last time we were there is was "The Dude" who was doing the sound. Incredibly, he asked us to refer to him as "The Dude" or "Dude" instead of his Christian name. Very Big Lebowski.

We still get e-mails on MySpace from Suzie asking us to play shows. She's a wee piece if I remember correctly.

Rammstein nicked it from that band who sang A Horse With No Name!

The Dude? Oh dear.

How long ago was this? Because I have a horrible wee feeling it may have been a very, very drunken James from Tempercalm having a "wacky" moment.

We could probably do the whole America thing for hours, so I'll let you win this one.

Unti I think of another band with a song of the same name.

If Gorman is doing the sound you'll be fine. It should be quite a good crowd as well seeing as it's a Friday. I'd come along but I have a mates birthday tonight in my mates pub. I've still not seen this new band live.

Is Suzie still the booker in Box?

And Cesc, I think you'll find Razorlight took the title from the mighty Rammstein!

We never booked through Suzie man , she dingied us to the high heavens , So paul contacted someone else who does bookings for box.

If Chirs Gormans doing the sound then kool! Ive heard good things about him, funnily enough the best sound guy ive worked with is Brian! He got the sound spot on at the vale and we kicked ass! lol

We seem to have got a wee fan in camebull too lol

The Dude? Oh dear.

How long ago was this? Because I have a horrible wee feeling it may have been a very, very drunken James from Tempercalm having a "wacky" moment.

We could probably do the whole America thing for hours, so I'll let you win this one.

Unti I think of another band with a song of the same name.

It must have been about over a year ago. That was the last tim we played there. Last time I was there was January to see my brother's band and it was some plukey youth behind the desk, so maybe "His Dudeness" had left... He was around mid-30s, longish sunbleached hair, he was into his surfing... All the barstaff called him "Dude".

It must have been about over a year ago. That was the last tim we played there. Last time I was there was January to see my brother's band and it was some plukey youth behind the desk, so maybe "His Dudeness" had left... He was around mid-30s, longish sunbleached hair, he was into his surfing... All the barstaff called him "Dude".

Who is your band, mate?

We never booked through Suzie man , she dingied us to the high heavens , So paul contacted someone else who does bookings for box.

If Chirs Gormans doing the sound then kool! Ive heard good things about him, funnily enough the best sound guy ive worked with is Brian! He got the sound spot on at the vale and we kicked ass! lol

We seem to have got a wee fan in camebull too lol

Maybe you caught her on her bad week. She could put fear into the devil.

I'd say Gorman is the best guy I've worked with. There was a guy in the Vale called Craw who we worked with a few times. He was good, but every time we had him something would go wrong. Every time we showed up at the Vale and saw he was working we knew we would have a shite gig! Nothing to do with him, but it would always go wrong somewhere.

I seem to have a wee fanny in Camebull as well.

Oh, you said fan.

Thankfully I don't know this guy. I know James worked the sound in there for some time and left, but I thought Gorman would have come in right after him. Apparently not.

I couldn't ask people to call me "The Dude", It reeks of c**t.

Maybe you caught her on her bad week. She could put fear into the devil.

I'd say Gorman is the best guy I've worked with. There was a guy in the Vale called Craw who we worked with a few times. He was good, but every time we had him something would go wrong. Every time we showed up at the Vale and saw he was working we knew we would have a shite gig! Nothing to do with him, but it would always go wrong somewhere.

I seem to have a wee fanny in Camebull as well.

Oh, you said fan.

Thankfully I don't know this guy. I know James worked the sound in there for some time and left, but I thought Gorman would have come in right after him. Apparently not.

I couldn't ask people to call me "The Dude", It reeks of c**t.

Nah it was for like a month we contacted her and she dingied us...oh well not to bother. We've got a couple of good shows lined up. Pauls in talks wi your singer too about a gig or somethin along they lines

Nah it was for like a month we contacted her and she dingied us...oh well not to bother. We've got a couple of good shows lined up. Pauls in talks wi your singer too about a gig or somethin along they lines

A gig with us? That would be interesting.

Hopefully it won't end up like the 13th Note!

A gig with us? That would be interesting.

Hopefully it won't end up like the 13th Note!

Yeah your comeback gig. It better not be like that :lol::lol: if he gets the venue he was talking about. I know we wont be doing it tho if the demands are still too high. He wants us to hold off gigs 3weeks before and after. Think the most paul will go to is 2 & 2. Ach we'll see man

Yeah your comeback gig. It better not be like that :lol::lol: if he gets the venue he was talking about. I know we wont be doing it tho if the demands are still too high. He wants us to hold off gigs 3weeks before and after. Think the most paul will go to is 2 & 2. Ach we'll see man

I've heard nothing about this.

If we're putting the gig on then it makes sense to not gig for a few weeks before it so that we can get a bigger crowd and therefore more money between us all.

He's not still thinking about this fucking Arches idea is he?

I've heard nothing about this.

If we're putting the gig on then it makes sense to not gig for a few weeks before it so that we can get a bigger crowd and therefore more money between us all.

He's not still thinking about this fucking Arches idea is he?

Nah its not the Arches lol ABC2 he was just talking to us about it nothings been arranged. Aye i agree but we already have commitments for when he was wanting to have the gig that we're not willing to pull out of. So it would need to be 2 & 2 or nadda lol

Im sure we will get a gig at somepoint

Who is your band, mate?

We're called Marlow. You can listen to us here.

The songs up there are a bit old, due to the prohibitive costs of recording. We don't sound much like the U2 tribute band you hear there as much anymore!

We're not bad, we're hoping to get Who Do You Love (available as a snippet on the MySpace page) as a single then go on tour in England. We were looking at promoters and that last night who'll put us on in London. Fingers crossed!

We're called Marlow. You can listen to us here.

The songs up there are a bit old, due to the prohibitive costs of recording. We don't sound much like the U2 tribute band you hear there as much anymore!

We're not bad, we're hoping to get Who Do You Love (available as a snippet on the MySpace page) as a single then go on tour in England. We were looking at promoters and that last night who'll put us on in London. Fingers crossed!

That's really good.

You should let me know the next time you're playing in Glasgow, I'd certainly try to make it along. Nice feelgood music.

I did have a laugh at your heading "delay/reverb/feedback", I was hoping that was what you had put down as your genre. Delay/reverb/feedback is something that all bands should swear by, I know we do!

You play bass in this band, aye?

That's really good.

You should let me know the next time you're playing in Glasgow, I'd certainly try to make it along. Nice feelgood music.

I did have a laugh at your heading "delay/reverb/feedback", I was hoping that was what you had put down as your genre. Delay/reverb/feedback is something that all bands should swear by, I know we do!

You play bass in this band, aye?

I play the bass. Heard but not seen, ken.

I'm glad you like it man! We used to be reasonably popular with the people on this site, my my falling stock has see the popularity of the band crash. I'd say we're pop/shoegaze/alternative - I think because we've got an underscore in our MySpace name, we can't put down our genre! Quite annoying.

Our guitar player is pretty excellent and uses his FX units to the full. He's got some arsenal - whammy pedals, envelope filters, slicers, delay, digital reverb... I don't like riffs and all that, but I like soundscapes and that with the guiter... Quite wanky.

I play the bass. Heard but not seen, ken.

I'm glad you like it man! We used to be reasonably popular with the people on this site, my my falling stock has see the popularity of the band crash. I'd say we're pop/shoegaze/alternative - I think because we've got an underscore in our MySpace name, we can't put down our genre! Quite annoying.

Our guitar player is pretty excellent and uses his FX units to the full. He's got some arsenal - whammy pedals, envelope filters, slicers, delay, digital reverb... I don't like riffs and all that, but I like soundscapes and that with the guiter... Quite wanky.

Falling stock? Uh oh. What did you do!?!

I love soundscapes as well, but saying that I still think that you can't beat a good riff. I've been working on some poppy songs on my own at the minute. Well, I say poppy... they're just more accessible than the stuff I wrote previously. I'm doing my hardest to get baw deep in delay/reverb in each song, and it seems to be working!

August

25th New Found Glory (Garage)

This.

Followed by Bring Me The Horizon/A Day To Remember/August Burns red in October, or DevilDriver, who unfortunately are playing the same night. <_<

• 2 weeks later...
i'm going to see brand new this wednesday. i expect it'll be full of wee emo birds.

hopefully get along to see silversun pickups the following week as well.

Did you see Silversun Pickups? I thought they were amazing. Great venue, the Oran Mor.

I've got nothing until Frightened Rabbit & Faith No More in August.