Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I downloaded their albums literally a few days after that gig at the Academy, was so gutted to have missed them. I was then looking forward to seeing them at Reading this year - and then they pulled out. Hoping it's third time lucky!

Interesting to see if they'll just be playing a mix of their albums or if they'll go for 2 albums a night like they've done on their last few gigs in the US.

Edited by sonsism

Sabbath on Monday night was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. In my top five if not my favourite gig I've been too. When they first came out I was smiling uncontrollably and i've never experienced that at a gig. Sure, I've been excited and ready to rock at gigs before but I was unbelievably happy just to be there. Amazing.

Jeezo that's my first year at uni rolled up into one gig!

(If you also include trying to shag an Indian lassie whilst consuming copious amounts of Tartan Special)

Apparently the first time they had played Edinburgh! "27 years and we've finally played Edinburgh"

Thanks Miles for reminding me bloody old I am. I saw one of their first gigs at Barrowlands (10th March 1988, ain't the internet wonderful)

Twilight sad at king tuts tonight plating their first album in its entirety

This was a stunning show. When he began singing "And yer red sky at night won't follow me", in the first verse... goosebumps, tears in the eyes, the lot. Magical.

I'd listened back to the album, having over-played it for the last however many years and was a bit 'whatever' over it, but tonight they brought it back to life.

Daniel Avery was superb. Played for 5 full hours in Sneaky Petes and he mixed up a lot of his set for the next night so it felt fresh even though it was just a day later. Could hardly stand by the end of his Sub Club set after managing about 45 minutes sleep in between both nights though but it's still one of the best nights I've had in there!

This was a stunning show. When he began singing "And yer red sky at night won't follow me", in the first verse... goosebumps, tears in the eyes, the lot. Magical.

I'd listened back to the album, having over-played it for the last however many years and was a bit 'whatever' over it, but tonight they brought it back to life.

Same as you, I had goosebumps at various points last night. Great performance of a great album!