The Alternative Leigh Griffiths Blog...

St. Starko

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my favourite chapter, Barry. Fantastic stuff. The pleasure you clearly took in writing it really comes across and, as a result, it's an absolute pleasure to read.

Away the Dee indeed.

That's my favourite chapter, Barry. Fantastic stuff. The pleasure you clearly took in writing it really comes across and, as a result, it's an absolute pleasure to read.

Away the Dee indeed.

I hope Steve Irwin's Australian accent is better than yours ya mad b*****d.

Good stuff Bazza.

Cheers folks, much appreciated.

Awwww Barry that wiz pure teckle cunto!

If you make yourself known next time Airdrie play Dundee i will buy you a pint!

:cheers

Well, Barnold, it appears you've reached that rare stage of fame that lets you walk into any pub in Scotland (well, probably just downtrodden pubs next to various downtrodden SFL football grounds, but I digress) and declare "I am Dundee Barry, and I require refreshment!", whereupon someone will shout "Hiya Dundee Barry, hiya pal!" and buy you a pint.

John Smeaton had that status for a while, Barstopher, but then he sold out and started writing a column in the Sun, and started pumping some high-faluting American type. He barely even kicks any flaming brown people at all now. Don't let that happen to you.

:lol:

Smeaton may be a prize goon but he'd done ok for himself. Hell, I'd take on a Sun column any day of the week. Forget Martell Maxwell, Bill Leckie and all those b*****ds; A Jocky Scott column would piss on their weekly musings. He'd certainly offer a unique insight into current affairs. A wee sidebar entitled Telt! would offer a good opportunity to rip into a different celebrity - or Boaby Brannan - each and every week.

Unfortunately there isn't a publication in the land that would take that kind of nonsense on. For some reason or other excessive use of the word 'cunto' is frowned upon in the world of journalism. Until 'cunto' appears in a newspaper somewhere the so-called freedom of press will remain a sham.

I'll stick to the occasional blog update inbetween bouts of kicking flaming brown people. :P

Forged from the purest of teckle once again young fella.

Not only did you manage to confirm my long held hypothesis that God loves Iron Maiden, but you also managed to sneak in a reference to the premier 80s session rock legends. I always knew that Jocky would be a fan of their finely crafted yet often maligned brand of AOR.

Well played sir, well played indeed *golf clap*

Barry, absolutely superb!!

If bouncebackability made it into the Oxford Dictionary surely "Teckle" must be there now! I have heard it used on numerous occasions in Greenock :)

Next time your down this way, make sure you make yourself known in the Norseman b4 the game.

Forged from the purest of teckle

Ooft! Expect me to steal that at some point, Newburgh. wink.gif

Barry, absolutely superb!!

If bouncebackability made it into the Oxford Dictionary surely "Teckle" must be there now! I have heard it used on numerous occasions in Greenock smile.gif

Next time your down this way, make sure you make yourself known in the Norseman b4 the game.

Cheers, chief.

"Teckle" seems to be reaching out beyond Dundee. A Dundonian living in Australia emailed me to say he was enjoying the blog and that he's translating it to his Aussie colleagues at work. Apparently they've taken to saying "teckle" like my Mum took to saying "you have brought shame on the family". They're saying it all the time, like.

I'm expecting hate mail after writing about Steve Irwin falling for the classic "it's punch in the pus time, cunto!" line and losing his shirt. That shirt is iconic and mythical in Australia. Even fictional incidents of theft are treated seriously, much in the same way as we'd react if some foreign devil joked about knowing the secret formula for Irn Bru. If any of you fizzy drinks fans are interested, it's sugar + the piss of a Highlander + orange stuff + more sugar.

While I greatly appreciate the thought, I'm likely to end up getting my head kicked in if I start strolling into pubs and making myself known. A few fans from teams around the divison may be aware of the blog, but the chances are 99% of folk present will have no idea what I'm getting at when I stand on the bar, pull my jeans down and bellow, 'eh'm the c**t wha wrote the blog! All the ladies in the house say whoa-oh! All the ladies! All the ladies! All the ladies in the house say whoa-oh!' While I get away with that kind of behaviour in most pubs in Dundee it's unlikely to travel well.

I hope to make quite a few away games this season. If you've offered me a pint at any point in this thread and I'm joining the perty as Dundee grace your town, expect a PM announcing my arrival. The tone of it will be vaguely threatening to ensure there's no back-tracking on what I consider to be a legally-binding contract. Anyone wimping out will have to deal with my pie-judging enforcer, Big Gus, a man as tall as the Eiffel Tower only less French, metallic and heaving with tourists.....unless he's keeping the fact he's a French robot who commands space in the Lonely Planet to himself.....in which case I'm impressed. Cool.

Anyway, I'll see you at the bar. biggrin.gif

God has often been portrayed as an old Caucasian man wearing robes and a big white beard. It turns out that popular representation is way off the mark. God is a black guy who wears stonewash jeans, Adidas Samba and an Iron Maiden tshirt.

That is delightful. The image of God as a black, dog swilling, samba wearing Maiden fan with Jimmy Nail's voice is truly wonderful.

I think this song is appropriate for more than 1 reason in relation to this.

That is delightful. The image of God as a black, dog swilling, samba wearing Maiden fan with Jimmy Nail's voice is truly wonderful.

Excellent choice, Derek cool.gif

The teckle thing really does seem to have taken off.

Prior to the blog I'd only heard about six or seven (mostly quite old) people use the expression in my lifetime. I never really knew what it was and kinda thought it was another word for food.

Now I know scores of people with no interest in football, or no knowledge of the blog describing anything favourable as teckle. It's a marvellous thing.

Fantastic entries to the blog once again Barry, at times surreal, sometimes pognant but always ball-achingly funny.

Always good to get a bit of Maiden in here.

I particularly like the description of God as I always wear Sambas, jeans and usually some kind of band t-shirt, often Maiden. Unfortunately I'm neither black or a Geordie.

Out fucking standing Barry.

Loved this:

'If eh win yi' send Leigh here back ti' his life. If you win eh'll refrain fae kicking yir teeth oot yir heid and putting them in the Dee4Life raffle.'

I honestly nearly pissed myself laughing while reading that. If I did I'd have proudly told everycunt I know:D

Archived