The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

How were they? I love BBQ ribs - really nice in a slow cooker.

They were superb, in fact so good I got up early this morning to put some more on so I could have them for lunch today. i think lamb shanks will be my next slow cooked effort. Long live the slow cooker.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone made anthing good recently?? I've not had the SC out since getting back from holiday, I think the good weather put a wee halt to using it.

Now we're back to rotten weather, I might do something this week. I've got chicken thighs and breasts in the freezer, beef mince, lamb mince, just wondering what I could do. :huh:

Has anyone made anthing good recently?? I've not had the SC out since getting back from holiday, I think the good weather put a wee halt to using it.

Now we're back to rotten weather, I might do something this week. I've got chicken thighs and breasts in the freezer, beef mince, lamb mince, just wondering what I could do. huh.gif

Spookily enough,we used our for the first time in ages last night and did Pulled Pork,(which I've highlighted earlier on this thread),which imho is still one of the easiest and best things to do in a slow cooker.

How about a nice wee chilli with the beef mince,but add some cooking chorizo and baked beans for a wee bit extra flavour and substance.

Another one you could do is bung in the chicken thighs with a jar of bbq sauce,or if not to hand,chicken stock,white wine,potatoes.carrots,celery and basically any other veg you have lying around and make a chicken in white wine casserole

Spookily enough,we used our for the first time in ages last night and did Pulled Pork,(which I've highlighted earlier on this thread),which imho is still one of the easiest and best things to do in a slow cooker.

How about a nice wee chilli with the beef mince,but add some cooking chorizo and baked beans for a wee bit extra flavour and substance.

Another one you could do is bung in the chicken thighs with a jar of bbq sauce,or if not to hand,chicken stock,white wine,potatoes.carrots,celery and basically any other veg you have lying around and make a chicken in white wine casserole

I took the beef mince out the freezer at lunchtime. Will do the chilli for tomorrow's dinner. Ta :D

I took the beef mince out the freezer at lunchtime. Will do the chilli for tomorrow's dinner. Ta biggrin.gif

I never knew there was a difference untila few weeks ago,but buy cooking chorizo,which is much softer as the other stuff can stay a bit too hard.

I also bung in the rice for the last 45 minutes and it cooks it to,sooking up all the chilli sauce juices.

I'll be round about 7pm for any left-overswink.gif

I never knew there was a difference untila few weeks ago,but buy cooking chorizo,which is much softer as the other stuff can stay a bit too hard.

I also bung in the rice for the last 45 minutes and it cooks it to,sooking up all the chilli sauce juices.

I'll be round about 7pm for any left-overswink.gif

I'm sure it's cooking chorizo we have in the fridge, we saw it in Waitrose last week. Good tip about the rice, will try that too!!

Never any leftovers in our house bu the way. Ha ha!!!

I'm sure it's cooking chorizo we have in the fridge, we saw it in Waitrose last week. Good tip about the rice, will try that too!!

Never any leftovers in our house bu the way. Ha ha!!!

If that's a picture of your bum in your avatar,I see what you mean tongue.gif

Made the chilli last night, put it on just before going to bed. Got up this morning, put the rice in and switched it off just before leaving for work.

I must say it smells and looks delicious, canny wait to get in tonight and devour it!! :)

(I used beef mince, onion, chorizo, tin tomatoes, a wee bit stcok, cumin, chillies and smoked paprika, wee bit sugar and seasoning)

Oh forgot about the kidney beans too - just a wee drop coz I love them :D

Edited by footiechick