The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

The slow cooker is on the go this morning.

Bit of a cheats one this, right enough. cheap as chips though.

Stewing beef, onion and jar of jalfrezi sauce.

Will serve it with rice and naan.

Stovies sound good, might try that. What's the quantity of tatties/onions/sausage??

Woops, just spotted it!

Edited by footiechick

Nae pressure there then!huh.gif

I have the trusted favourite Pulled Pork cooking away and should be ready in about 30 minutes

Massive thumbs-up from me, the missus and the dog!! First time i've had them with square/sliced/lorne sausage. Stovies really are fucking teckle.

Think i'll have the rest for supper. smile.gif

Cheers UtN!

Massive thumbs-up from me, the missus and the dog!! First time i've had them with square/sliced/lorne sausage. Stovies really are fucking teckle.

Think i'll have the rest for supper. smile.gif

Cheers UtN!

Pleased to hear they were a success.

Stovies with slice sausage are the only way to make them and e bef stock gives them a bit more flavour.

Try the Pulled Pork,(recipe earlier on this thread) as its a must do Slow Cooker dish.

You won't be dissapointed

• 4 weeks later...

Never made them in my SC yet but was going to try them next.

I suppose you would just make them the same as normal.

There was a Stovies thread some time ago and there are lots of different recipes,but here's mine.

Peel and slice potatoes into discs approx half a centimetre thick.

Brown off 8 steak slice sausage,drain on kitcehn paper to absorb excess fat,then cut into pieces about one inch square.

Fry one and a half onions gently until golden in colour.

Get a pint of beef stock. A cube will do ,but fresh made or supermarket pre made is better.

In bottom of SC arrange a layer of potato,then add pepper (no salt as you'll get this from stock)

Then add layer of sausage and onion.

Another layer of potato and season,then another of sausage and so on.

Once all layers are complete,pour in stock and cook on low heat for approx 6 hours.

When ready,if all stock hasnt been absorbed,I would drain some off then mash.

Dont mash too much as I think it best if you still have soime chunks of tattie.

Serve with buttered oat cakes, or buttered plain bead ..brown sauce optional

Enjoy

I made this for my husband when I was heading away for a few days. Lasted him dinners and him and his friend lunch, they said it was wonderful!

I have a keema curry in the SC for tonight.

Right folks, bought a slow cooker last week and am using it for the first time tonight. As we speak I've got sun dried tomato and chicken pilaf on the go. If all goes well I can see the SC getting a fair hammering over the Autumn/Winter.

Will report back with my findings once I've eaten said dinner...

Right folks, bought a slow cooker last week and am using it for the first time tonight. As we speak I've got sun dried tomato and chicken pilaf on the go. If all goes well I can see the SC getting a fair hammering over the Autumn/Winter.

Will report back with my findings once I've eaten said dinner...

It's getting right into Slow Cooker season.

Welcome to the club...enjoy!

Reet, that's me fed. Overall, very happy with the results. The rice was a bit stodgy, but I guessed the amounts rather than followed the recipe there..chicken was absolutely beautiful, melted in the mouth and had really absorbed the tomatoey flavours of the sauce.

Probably one of the easiest meals I've made in a long time, ten mins to prep then bish bash bosh, forget it for a few hours. In the time I would normally have spent fussing in the kitchen I've managed to do my work ironing for tomorrow, read the papers with my feet up and fire in about some cans of Murphys..braw!

In short, one is impressed. Now thinking about what to make next...Anyone made soup in it?

I've got some nice braising beef in the fridge for tomorrow's dinner.

Not sure at this moment enirely what will go in the SC with it. Veg in the fridge include butternut squash, leeks, carrots, celery and I have potatoes and onions.

Any suggestions???

Edited by footiechick

I've got some nice braising beef in the fridge for tomorrow's dinner.

Not sure at this moment enirely what will go in the SC with it. Veg in the fridge include butternut squash, leeks, carrots, celery and I have potatoes and onions.

Any suggestions???

How about doing a nice stew with braising beef,butternut squash,leeks,carrot,celery,potatoes and onions blink.gif

I don't know if anyone else watches Man Vs Food? Well it featured pulled pork quite often, and I had no idea what it was, now I do, and I want some! Need to get the slow cooker going again, something simple to get me going.

http://www.slowcookerrecipes.org.uk/mince-beef-napoli.htm

That looks right up my street.

I don't know if anyone else watches Man Vs Food? Well it featured pulled pork quite often, and I had no idea what it was, now I do, and I want some! Need to get the slow cooker going again, something simple to get me going.

http://www.slowcooke...beef-napoli.htm

That looks right up my street.

Scroll back on this thread.

I've been raving about it for ages and even posted a simple recipe.

It's still "the" best thing I've made in mine.

Scroll back on this thread.

I've been raving about it for ages and even posted a simple recipe.

It's still "the" best thing I've made in mine.

If it was the good housekeeping one, then I saw it, will defo be giving it a shot soon!

Calling all P&BSCOC members,you simply must try this as is brilliant and cheapest dish I've cooked.

Shoulder of pork (not rolled and only costs around £5.50 in Asda)

Jar of BBQ Rub

Jar of BBQ sauce

1 Take string netting off the pork and rub inside and out with dry BBQ rub

2 Place in slow cooker fat side up,pour BBQ sauce over and make sure coated top,inside and underneath

Cook on low for 8 hours

Remove joint ,place on baking tray.

Remove any excess fat then with two forks shred all pork meat,so you get consistency like Chinese crispy duck

Pour some of the BBQ sauce/juices from the slow cooker over the shredded meat and mix it all up,taking care not to over saturate the meat with the sauce.

Put on a roll and enjoy !!

For some additional taste ,grate some cheddar over the top of the pork and place a few slices of chilli

Put under grill for half a minute until cheese melts into the pork...Simply delicious

Good Housekeeping?, Good Housecooking my arse!

This is an UTN original.

I've even taken the trouble to go back and find it for you wink.gif

If it was the good housekeeping one, then I saw it, will defo be giving it a shot soon!

How about doing a nice stew with braising beef,butternut squash,leeks,carrot,celery,potatoes and onions blink.gif

Aye very good smarty pants! :rolleyes:

I used onion and carrot wth the beef, stock, bay leaf, some tomato puree and worcestershire sauce. We shall see!

I have a recipe that has a cobbler topping once it's ready, might try it if I have time later.