The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

Was great mate, even better with melted cheese on top! I think I was a little shy with the bonfire rub, i'll know for next time. I prefer stovies, but thats just personal preference, the shear ease of the pork about pulls it level. The smell of the BBQ sauce and pork was right through the house, was so hard to leave it cooking all day!

I usually put about half the tin of the rub on.

I usually then transfer onto an oven tray to shred and add a couple of tablespoons of the sauce to moisten

All personal taste,but I also slice some jalapenos on top before melting the cheese.

I've got a gammon joint in today with cola. It's a recipe from a slow cooker book with onion, carrot, cloves, tomato puree, mustard and sugar added to the cola.

We shall see. I've heard reports from others it's nice, but this is my first time trying it.

I've got a gammon joint in today with cola. It's a recipe from a slow cooker book with onion, carrot, cloves, tomato puree, mustard and sugar added to the cola.

We shall see. I've heard reports from others it's nice, but this is my first time trying it.

Ive tried a similar recipe to this with chicken breasts, a packet of dried mixed vegetables and a can of coke.

It sounds shite,but he coke reduces to a sticky sweet sauce and was really good for a quick meal.

However,a bugger top clean up afterwards

I usually put about half the tin of the rub on.

I usually then transfer onto an oven tray to shred and add a couple of tablespoons of the sauce to moisten

All personal taste,but I also slice some jalapenos on top before melting the cheese.

Yeah, I prob put a tad under half the tub, And I kept the sauce in the fridge for leftovers! Good idea with the jalapenos, it was mighty tasty on a roll with cheese ontop shoved under the grill.

Pigs cheeks with chorizo, onion, carrot and celery(to make a nice tasty sauce), some red wine & stock.

Served with mash :)

Where did you get pigs cheeks from? Do you need to ask your butcher for them specially? Just that I've never seen them anywhere before except in restuarants.

Where did you get pigs cheeks from? Do you need to ask your butcher for them specially? Just that I've never seen them anywhere before except in restuarants.

Yep, your butcher will get them for you. Waitrose sell them as well if there is one near you. Cheap as anything too :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Prob doing lamb for New Year's day dinner, any recipe's would be helpful...

Havent tried it ,but saw someone do jewelled lamb one day on TV.

Basically all you do is slow cook a leg of lamb,with raisins,apricots,cinnamon,garlic and wee drop red wine.

Its much like my pulled pork recipe ,in that when ready,you shred the lamb off the bone with two forks, much in the same way as the chinese do crispy duck.

The"jewels" are pomegranate seeds which are then mixed through it all and served with cous cous.

I'm sure there'll be a recipe somewhere on the internet

In fact,found it for you kiwifiter.

The reason it stuck in my mind is that it was one of the few succesful recipes I've seen on Come Dine With Me and looked great

http://www.channel4....ous-cous-recipe

Edited by Unleash The Nade

• 3 weeks later...

I got a slow cooker from tescos for a tenner, made a cracking stew over the weekend.

My second attempt was earlier.

Tin of chopped tomatos, some tomato pasta sauce from the jar. chopped tatties, carrots, ham, soy sauce, garlic, chilli, beef stock, seasoning & some past quills - All bunged into slow cooker at half 8 this morning...... Hows that gona be for hit or miss haha.

I'm more looking forward to the smell when I get in from work at half past four.

Edit to add, I've some mozzerella in the fridge I'll maybe add when i get in.

Edited by Cyber_soccer

I'm more looking forward to the smell when I get in from work at half past four.

The lovely odour in my flat when it's in use really is one of it's beauties. It also appears to have clung to my wool (blend) overcoat. I smell delicious, although there's a risk that hungry dogs will begin following me in the street.