The P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club

Have to agree with everyones on the old stovie recipe. Made it yesterday and really enjoyed it last night. Still got plenty left for tonights dinner!!

That Chinese chicken recipe sounds great. Cheers for the info footiechick. I'll give that a bash next week and report back ;)

Couldn't sleep, was uncomfortable.....no I'm not in labour!

Phew! :)

It's actually the Women's Weekly Slow Cooking Book. My Mum put it in my stocking at Xmas,(think she got it in the garden centre) it's got some really good recipes though!!

I've also got the wee book by Good Food for slow cookers. Not that many recipes I'd do though out of there.

Yay!

I've got loads of milk so might try rice pudding in it this weekend :)

Reserved this,

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4263087/c_1/1|category_root|Kitchen+and+laundry|14418476/c_2/2|14418476|Small+kitchen+appliances|14418587/c_3/3|cat_14418587|Slow+cookers+and+ovens|14418592.htm

It was the ceramic crockpot that clinched it.

Never mind that I'm contributing to the no doubt already huge wealth of annoying little fuckwit Gino D'acampo......Ceramic crockpots FTFW.

:).

Made a shin of beef casserole with Bacon and mushrooms the other week.....in the oven muahahahaha.

Don't have a slow cooker, but reckon it would work well. If you havent tried shin of beef, do it now!

I could, as long as it involves doing nothing :)

Aye,I think due to your contributions on this thread,you more than deserve this position,as to be honest, Reina has done next to nothing and I think was just in it for the glory and status!

As originator of this thread,I now declare Footiechick as President of the P&B Slow Cooker Owners Club :chef:cheers

Rice pudding on the go today :)

Saw Raymond Blanc cook a mother of a rice pudding the other night and put me in the mood for some,as havent had it for years (rice pudding before anyone states the obvious!).

Are you just bunging all the ingredients in the sc and/or addin any special flavouring?

The one he did,he caramalised the top like a Creme Brulee

I don't like rice pudding, but when the wee one was little I made it a couple of times in the slow cooker and it worked well.....but he didn't like it either! :lol:

Think I'll do a pot roast at the weekend as I have a bit of topside in freezer.