Travel Club Renewal

Waspie

Just a wee question for travel club members...isnt the membership due for renewal this month? I havent heard a thing from the SFA about it so far.

On another point there was a rumour in one of Sundays downmarket tabloids that the Italy away game will be in Lecce or Bari rather than in the north of the country.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guinness_Alan

I was wondering about the membership renewals too. Haven't heard anything either!

As for the venue for the Italy game, it will prolly be a diddy stadium so we only get about 3000 tickets! In fact, given the news today, it will prolly be in Napoli! :o

Clicky

According to the same downmarket tabloids the stadiums in Lecce and Bari hold 40,000 and 60,000 so hopefully we'd get a good few thousand tickets if the game goes ahead in either of those towns. I quite fancy a trip to the Italian deep south, already been to Rome!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Braveheart

Just got my passport photos tonight ! So will fill out the forms tonight & have them sent off tomorrow.

Obviously have missed out on the Italy game tho.

Does anyone kno of any other deadline apart from that one ?

Guest Stuttgart Saint

Is there absolutly no chance of being considered for the Italy game if you didn't send your application on time?

I didn't realise there was a deadline because I didn't pay attention :(

The letter itself said that all forms had to be back with the SFA by December 31st if you wanted to be considered for the Italy game. Id imagine they will probably stick with that. Bit unfair though given the forms werent posted out to fans until mid December and the post is notoriously slow at that time of year :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DonnieDarko

I'm starting to wonder if it's worth it being in the travel club. Guaranteed a ticket for home games... so f___ing what???!!!

You could go to every single home game, and be refused an away ticket because you didnae go to the game against Burkina Fasso eight months ago. The rest go in the lucky dip, potentially to fans who only go to the big games.

£20 is..... eight pints of Lager, and a dozen bags of monster munch. :o

Guest AyrDelighted

Did they not claim that with the new Scotland Supporters Club, points would be awarded to those attending home games also?

I presume that includes the friendlies against Burkhino Faso, where only around 10k hardy souls turn up. :unsure:

Did they not claim that with the new Scotland Supporters Club, points would be awarded to those attending home games also?

Correct, but points accumulated for attending home games will not be taken into account for tickets for away games...........2 seperate issues.

Guest Stuttgart Saint
Correct, but points accumulated for attending home games will not be taken into account for tickets for away games...........2 seperate issues.

Do you mean the points accumulated for home games only go towards getting you tickets for future bigger home games?

That seems kind of pointless because Hampden is big enough for all of the travel club members.

Guest AyrDelighted

Surely not. If this is the case then it's a farce. :angry:

Surely not. If this is the case then it's a farce. :angry:

Not really - I live 20 minutes walk from Hampden, so why should I get a point towards an away match every time I go? Totally unfair.

I've only missed one home game at Hampden in the last 5 years - England at home in 99. The reason I joined the travel club is to get tickets for games like that and Holland at home; it eliminates the lottery of queuing up at 5 in the morning or phoning a hotline rigged by the fcuking council. :angry:

The reason that we now only get one ticket guaranteed for every home game is that Hampden was no longer big enough for all the Travel Club to take two tickets. Something like 17 000 members, maybe more after the Holland game, times two plus a big away support of 6-8000 plus all the SFA tickets given out to member clubs etc leaves hardly a ticket.

As regards away games, there isn't really a problem getting a ticket for most games. Italy is one of our biggest games and I'm pretty sure everyone who wants a ticket will get one. The last two to be ballotted were Germany and Holland, and even still we got a huge number of tickets. It's only fair that guys who go to Moldova etc get to go before someone like me, who has been to Wales and soon Italy.

I'm not really sure why we need points for home games ata ll to be honest... in my opinion that's the farce. Though I suppose when a big game comes along every five years, people who go to every home game through the travel club will get two tickets instead of one.

Do you mean the points accumulated for home games only go towards getting you tickets for future bigger home games?

That seems kind of pointless because Hampden is big enough for all of the travel club members.

Points accumulated for home games is a customer relations exercise for them to get to know their customers and their attendance habits ie:where you travel from,do you take your wife/kids etc.This is so they are then able to put forward offers and discounts and perhaps offer priority seats to the most loyal fans for the bigger games.

Supporters were thrown by the name Scotland Travel Club as in effect it was a club that only guaranteed you a ticket for home games.This is probably why it`s been re-named the Scotland Supporters Club.

Guest AyrDelighted
Not really - I live 20 minutes walk from Hampden, so why should I get a point towards an away match every time I go? Totally unfair.

It's not the travelling to Hampden that counts IMO, it's the turning up to watch your national team.

If someone is prepared to go and watch every home game, whether it be at Hampden, Easter Road, Pittodrie or McDermaid (sp?), or whether it be a friendly against Papua New Guinea or a World Cup qualifier against Italy then they deserve a chance at getting tickets for away games should they choose to go.

The folks who pick and choose the glamour home ties, (eg, Holland and Norway) then go to one away game in Moldova have a better chance of getting away game tickets than folks who go to every home game regardless of opposition, regardless of venue.

You might be right, there might be enough tickets for all who want to go to Italy given the venue, however had they chosen one of the smaller stadiums, I'm quite certain folk would lost out to these glamour seeking erses. :angry:

The folks who pick and choose the glamour home ties, (eg, Holland and Norway) then go to one away game in Moldova have a better chance of getting away game tickets than folks who go to every home game regardless of opposition, regardless of venue.

Wrong,home games do not count towards tickets for away games

So lets say a supporter attends 2 Home Games and 0ne Away Game and you attend No Home Games but one Away Game.You`ll have as much of getting a ticket for the next away game as him.

Home and away fixtures are 2 seperate issues.

Just re-read you post again.........

Yes thats correct,if a supporter has attended an away fixture an you haven`t he`ll get a ticket for the next away fixture before you,and so he should.

Guest AyrDelighted

........and so he should.

P!sh.

So if a member of the travel club living in Holland, went to the European play-off, with his ticket obtained through the travel club, fancies a ticket for the Norway game in Oslo he has more right to one than someone who has been to all home games, friendlies and competitive, simply because he has bought a ticket for ONE away game?? :angry:

Archived